2 replies to this topic

#1 soulcracka

soulcracka

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

i ran a 12v and 5v from under the psu to power the fan and grounded it to the 3 pin fan connector. worked fine for a couple days except i noticed the fan voltage would drop to 5v and jump back up to 12v. now im getting an e68 voltage error any ideas what it could be?

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(soulcracka @ Aug 11 2008, 10:20 PM) View Post

i ran a 12v and 5v from under the psu to power the fan and grounded it to the 3 pin fan connector. worked fine for a couple days except i noticed the fan voltage would drop to 5v and jump back up to 12v. now im getting an e68 voltage error any ideas what it could be?

This is a problem with your harddrive or the internal connection...
Try to play without it if this doesnt fix it you might be drawing power from it or the Southbridge has a cold solder joint...
Then you will have to reflow it using a heatgun.

#3 soulcracka

soulcracka

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:01 PM

took the hard drive out and it worked. shut it down put the hard drive back in and worked.
found that the points i soldered to on the psu were touching the metal casing so i insulated them with some hot glue. so far so good.

noob question what is the southbridge?

thanks for the help Wilhelm_I.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users