• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 niterider1985

niterider1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

Hey I've tried looking this up and to some it might be a repeat. Sorry. But my question comes, I have my Xbox softmodded to run XBMC, but we all know if you leave it unplugged for more than 5 hours, the CMOS battery/cap, dies. What I was wondering, was if I could get rid of the original dash, because I don't really play online, and run just XBMC on it. I used SID 4.0 to install EVOx, then modded the XBE for it to be the MC one. I primarily use this in my car, for car shows, to show pics from the others, watch movies, and the occassional gaming, but it gets to be a PITA to have to reset the time and date. This is why I am asking. I don't need the time and date for any of it and wanted to try to fix the issue. I have also swapped the drive to a 120 maxtor drive and have the original harddrive for back up so if I corrupt something I can get the info via softmod and rebuild the hard drive in there. Any suggestions to this fix would be appreciated and help tremendously. Thanks -G

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

Clock 'fix'
http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4322218

Dash replacement:
Figure out where the dash for your softmod is booting from by launching the xbe in file manager.
Possibilities:E:\dash or E:\dashboard are common choices. Use the shortcut XBE in the XBMC download tools folder to point to your XBMC folder. backup eeprom before you do dash replacement and test it first from the file manager before rebooting.

#3 niterider1985

niterider1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

So you're saying either replace it with a battery or 4.7 Cap. I mean the Xbox is mobile, and don't always have a network connection to the internet. The dash, I have fixed to have dual boot, but what I was asking, was is it safe to run a single boot, which kind of removes the ms dash and installs the dash of your own choice.

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

Single dash is not an unusual configuration. A dash is basically just a xbe for the xbox to execute at boot time.

#5 niterider1985

niterider1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

So even if I do this, I will still get the M$ Dash requesting time? Its not a work around for it?

#6 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

u could either install a mod chip or do the tsop flash then have xbmc as the only dash then if u have a power converter which i am pretty sure u do just wire it straight to the car battery

#7 niterider1985

niterider1985

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

Well I mean, I am trying to avoid the mod chip setup and I don't leave it in the car because I typically work on it. When it is in the car, I do have my power converter hooked up for it. I was just looking at being able to bypass the M$ Dash without the mod chip or keeping it plugged in. I'm not sure if it has a bad cap in it, or even were to find the cap at inside. I would do the battery swap, if I could find more information about it, because that would be the most logical thing in my opinion. I don't see why M$ didn't put one in, in the first place and treat it like a computer, seeing that it pretty much is a basic pc.

#8 manpee1

manpee1

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

just like ldotsfan said in the second reply

use flash FXP to find the directory of your MAIN dashboard..(E:\dash)

then find the dash files for XBMC (E:\apps\XBMC\) they will be named "default.xbe" etc.
then put ALL the files from XBMC into "E:\DASH\

this will make XBMC your default and only dash and it will never ask you to set the clock

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or you can softmodd using ndure's UnleashX and it comes with a clock patch and will never ask you to set the clock

#9 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:16 AM

if u r talking about removing the xbox dash then no u can not remove that without haveing a chip or tsop flashed xbox If i were u i would look into the tsop flash or the modchip for 2 reasons first so that u can solve the clock problem and second so that u can customize the boot screens to look like it was made for your car like having it match your cars color or emblems or just show nothing and boot straight to xbmc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users