• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Indeceseant

Indeceseant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:26 AM

Hey people I recently got Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002 duel for my Xbox.

Now the point here is, I got this Duel game disc from a mate of mine in America. He shipped it down kindly and when I try to play it on my Xbox 360. I get a region error code. Now the game has NTSC written all over it. So does my Xbox 360 and I'm still getting errors. (However almost all games from America are PAL). [But there's no PAL written anywhere on the disc at all].

Before you call me a noob and say "This is the XBOX 1" talk area. I know that, because my question is.
"I have an original Xbox at my mates place, and I was wondering if I could play the duel disc on my original xbox or if I am going to get region errors as well".

My xbox360 and original xbox1 are both bought from Australia. Which is where I am from.
The JSRF Bundled with Sega GT 2002 duel disc are from America.

The 360 wont accept the duel disc because the region code on the disc is different from the one on my Xbox 360. But like I said I'm very very happy to go and grab my original xbox if someone can tell me that this Duel disc will play on my original xbox. Because I thought maybe there are no region problems with original xbox'es. Seeing as I looked on the internet and could find no questions like the one I am asking.

Thanks for any and all info.

#2 kadheerjahn

kadheerjahn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:19 PM

Games from USA are NTSC
Games from Europe,Australia are PAL

If you are living in Australia and you bought your XBOX360 from there, the region of it is PAL. So you can not play American (NTSC) games on your Australian(PAL) XBOX360.

About your friend's XBOX1, it's probably a modded one. So that you can play games from all regions. That's not the same as XBOX360.

#3 Indeceseant

Indeceseant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Hang on... so a modded Xbox1 will play ANYTHING but a modded Xbox 360 will only play burned games. It still wont play ones from another region?

#4 kadheerjahn

kadheerjahn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

Even if your X360 is flashed(modded), you should burn or buy PAL region games only.

Edited by kadheerjahn, 14 August 2008 - 09:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users