• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 marturab

marturab

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

Hey all. So I recently installed an Xecuter 2.6CE modchip on my version 1.1 xbox. It was installed correctly and booted to the Cromwell FlashBios screen. I put the bios (EvoX_M8_06_official_256) on a disc and put it in the xbox. I thought everything was working perfectly, it went through all the correct screens and turned off afterwards. However, when I went to turn it back on it fragged. Being inexperienced in the modchip scene, I immediately looked for a fix online, and found the 3 wire method. I did not realize that I could possibly just switch to Bank 2 and flash again.

Anyway, while doing the 3 wire method, I used wires that were too big and ended up pulling up some of the trace on the circuit board. My xbox will now not even turn on.

So my questions are:
1. Is there any way to repair the circuit board or do I just need to get a new motherboard?
2. What went wrong with the bios flash? (Did I need to make the Bios 1mb instead of 256kb?- My chip has two 512kb banks)
3. If I do get another motherboard, do I need to get the Xecuter programmer so that I can reflash my chip? (The xbox will only frag when the chip is in)
4. Am I using the correct Bios?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

ok, first off you should have done more reading before attempting the 3 wire trick, its not for modchip but for TSOP flashes (thats flashing the xbox's onboard bioschip so you dont need a modchip)

1. Is there any way to repair the circuit board or do I just need to get a new motherboard?

theres a chance its repairable, but its probably easier for you to just get a new board (and HD, as they are locked to the motherboards)

2. What went wrong with the bios flash? (Did I need to make the Bios 1mb instead of 256kb?- My chip has two 512kb banks)

im not familiar with flashing x2 chips, but i would guess it was the size

3. If I do get another motherboard, do I need to get the Xecuter programmer so that I can reflash my chip? (The xbox will only frag when the chip is in)

you should be able to boot on bank 2 and flash a 1mb bios, otherwise you an hotswap with another modchip (this is not the same as hard drive hotswapping)

4. Am I using the correct Bios?

if evox m8 is what you want, yeah, it wont hurt the chip, make sure its the old version and not the 1.6 version though (the filename you gave doesnt seem to indicate which it is)

#3 marturab

marturab

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:51 AM

Thanks for the info.....I think I will just get another motherboard (with hard drive) and put the chip in it.

If there is anyone who can confirm that I can indeed switch to Bank 2 and flash the BIOS on the Xecuter 2.6CE I would really like to know so that I do not mess up again. Also, if I switch to Bank 2, should I be flashing with a 512kb or 1mb BIOS?

Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#4 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE(marturab @ Aug 14 2008, 03:27 AM) View Post

Thanks for the info.....I think I will just get another motherboard (with hard drive) and put the chip in it.

If there is anyone who can confirm that I can indeed switch to Bank 2 and flash the BIOS on the Xecuter 2.6CE I would really like to know so that I do not mess up again. Also, if I switch to Bank 2, should I be flashing with a 512kb or 1mb BIOS?

Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Of course you can use bank 2 to flash the other bank. . That's a hardlink between the two flash chips. It's a feature just for a scenario like the one youre in. Just boot with the non fuxored bank(bank 2 in your case) and flick the switch over when you are about to execute the flashing procedure. I don't know what size bios Xecuter's use? Look it up. I know this method works for DuoX2's.

Edited by deilzfcjk, 14 August 2008 - 07:01 AM.

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Aug 13 2008, 10:35 PM) View Post

Of course you can use bank 2 to flash the other bank. . That's a hardlink between the two flash chips. It's a feature just for a scenario like the one youre in. Just boot with the non fuxored bank(bank 2 in your case) and flick the switch over when you are about to execute the flashing procedure. I don't know what size bios Xecuter's use? Look it up. I know this method works for DuoX2's.

x2s use 1mb, but i know you can flash the entire 1mb at once, so the banks arent completely isolated like a duox or TSOP split, so im not 100% certain you can boot from bank 2, but its possible

#6 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

It you xbox boots fine with no chip in it then you dont need a new Hdd or MB, if you cant get the xbox with chip in it to boot with either bank selected, then just buy the external PC programmer for the X2, it will overwrite even a completely corrupt bios.

Edited by jakejm79, 14 August 2008 - 04:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users