KrInEn

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

My buddy brought me a 3 month old system that he had RRoD due to my sucess fixing them with Wilhelm_I's heatgun method. However this system has a 0001 error "Short on the board/Broken Mosfet" Is it worth even cracking it open to check it out? What should I look for?

#2 Vendeta

Vendeta

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

That's not usally an easy thing to correct. It's three months old...send it back to Microsoft. They will sort it out. there's no reason for you to open it if MS are willing to fix it for free. cool.gif

#3 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(KrInEn @ Aug 14 2008, 05:37 PM) View Post

My buddy brought me a 3 month old system that he had RRoD due to my sucess fixing them with Wilhelm_I's heatgun method. However this system has a 0001 error "Short on the board/Broken Mosfet" Is it worth even cracking it open to check it out? What should I look for?

The 0001 is a pretty shitty error and it used to be pretty rare.
However lately there have been a lot of (if not only) 360s thast got this shit?
Maybe a curse?, LOL

Look for any parts that are shorting out or so, loosen the screws etc.
Also tell us what was the last thing you did to it before it happened because usually this error never happens just by chance...

QUOTE(Vendeta @ Aug 14 2008, 06:00 PM) View Post

That's not usally an easy thing to correct. It's three months old...send it back to Microsoft. They will sort it out. there's no reason for you to open it if MS are willing to fix it for free. cool.gif

LOL
If a moderator reads this you will get your account banned / suspended.
You are clearly admitting warranty fraud and this is against the rules.

#4 Vendeta

Vendeta

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

How so?

The console is 3 months old? Has it been opened? I didn't realise that I thought he said that due to his previous xbox fixes he can fix this one...?

My apologise, I didn't realise he had worked on the console already! sad.gif

#5 jdbkbuddy

jdbkbuddy

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(KrInEn @ Aug 14 2008, 11:37 AM) View Post

This PO doesn't state that he or anyone else has opened this XBOX 360.

If this XBOX 360 has not been opened or tampered with, it is reasonable to contact Microsoft to determine if this 360 is under warranty.

It would also ALWAYS be the 1st thing to do when you or your friends have a broken Xbox. Microsoft will provide you with all the warranty details that you need or could want.

Edited by jdbkbuddy, 14 August 2008 - 09:30 PM.

#6 KrInEn

KrInEn

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:11 AM

I know all about the warranty, He did not want to wait the 6 to 8 weeks for whatever reason, Should I just take a peek inside and see if anything jumps out at me. I mean the console has never been opened as of right now, its 3 months old HDMI and everything. What could go wrong lol I mean I dont get power to anything except the ring of light tongue.gif

#7 jdbkbuddy

jdbkbuddy

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(KrInEn @ Aug 14 2008, 09:47 PM) View Post

I know all about the warranty, He did not want to wait the 6 to 8 weeks for whatever reason, Should I just take a peek inside and see if anything jumps out at me. I mean the console has never been opened as of right now, its 3 months old HDMI and everything. What could go wrong lol I mean I dont get power to anything except the ring of light tongue.gif

I was going to talk you out of opening, but what the hell.... I would live to know how you fixed it! lol cool.gif

#8 KrInEn

KrInEn

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Aug 14 2008, 01:39 PM) View Post

The 0001 is a pretty shitty error and it used to be pretty rare.
However lately there have been a lot of (if not only) 360s thast got this shit?
Maybe a curse?, LOL

Look for any parts that are shorting out or so, loosen the screws etc.
Also tell us what was the last thing you did to it before it happened because usually this error never happens just by chance...
LOL

never been touched before lol, So I guess this one is by chance? LOL

#9 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(jdbkbuddy @ Aug 14 2008, 11:05 PM) View Post

This PO doesn't state that he or anyone else has opened this XBOX 360.

If this XBOX 360 has not been opened or tampered with, it is reasonable to contact Microsoft to determine if this 360 is under warranty.

It would also ALWAYS be the 1st thing to do when you or your friends have a broken Xbox. Microsoft will provide you with all the warranty details that you need or could want.

Ah alright I apologize for this then didnt get that he was talking about another 360...

Edited by Wilhelm_I, 15 August 2008 - 07:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users