X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:xbox<br />pc<br />snowboarding<br />cars<br />beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

This is the first time i've tried to mod a 360 controller and I don't own an xbox, so my only means of testing is by connecting the controller to my pc. It's a wireless controller, I have the usb wireless adapter and the usb straight thru connector (the one that connects right to the controller). I've downloaded the drivers/software from MS, and when I connect the controller to the pc, i get the "your hardware is ready to use" bubble and i can see the controller in device manager. however, i don't see the controller in Control Panel > Game Controllers and when I press the "menu" button, the ring of light flashes (all 4 leds) but nothing else happens. The mods i've done are: rapid fire buttons, swapped the ring of light leds, and added leds to the x-y-a-b buttons. The ring of light leds work fine, but the other leds don't light up and obviously i can't test the buttons. So my question is: whats wrong ehre? is it my computer or is it the controller?

#2 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

did you actually synch it to the USB adapter (the charger won't work, btw)? you have to push the synch button on both devices for the controller to be found.

#3 sweetbrett

sweetbrett

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:xbox<br />pc<br />snowboarding<br />cars<br />beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

ah...both need to be connected...that seems backwards to me. Anyway, thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users