AKalair

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hey guys,
Ive got this problem...

Beeps of death

Does anyone know how to fix it or can point me in the right direction?

#2 MiamiBiker305

MiamiBiker305

X-S Senior Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:37 AM

humm ?

Never heard of that.

#3 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:46 AM

Try this:

There are many reasons for this issue you can try one of the solutions

1- Disconnect the ps3 from the power for around 5 min then switch it on.
2- Reset the ps3 by holding the power button for about 10 sec it will give two beeps then switch it on.
3- Reset the controller by pressing the small button in the back of the controller with small needle while the ps3 is off.
4- Change the power cord or check the power connections.

Try them and good luck.

#4 scott pinewood

scott pinewood

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:04 AM

u mean the yellow light of death or the tv flickin?

#5 ewde1

ewde1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Infamous Ob @ Aug 17 2008, 10:22 PM) View Post

Try this:

There are many reasons for this issue you can try one of the solutions

1- Disconnect the ps3 from the power for around 5 min then switch it on.
2- Reset the ps3 by holding the power button for about 10 sec it will give two beeps then switch it on.
3- Reset the controller by pressing the small button in the back of the controller with small needle while the ps3 is off.
4- Change the power cord or check the power connections.

Try them and good luck.

unfortunately, those steps RARELY work...there is a more esoteric fix for this problem. it prolly partially involves changing the temp sensors for the gpu/cpu. there is no ez fix for this im aware of. hopefuly someone can post his experience on fixing this annnoying problem. i have 20 or so units laying around with the redblinking light/3beeps. we tried overheating and reflowing the gpu/cpu with a heatgun as in the xbox360 and that has never worked for me, so the problem prolly isnt melted bridges solder. i am currently swapping motherboard ics from one good board to another to see which ic is responsible for the suspended hold error status. it just needs a resetting of some sort to allow the ps3 to follow through with a normal boot process...so frustratin...

Edited by ewde1, 08 September 2008 - 01:38 PM.

#6 dcc0011

dcc0011

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:28 PM

Hey, mine did that before. It was overheating. I found out by taking it apart that it had been dropped/knocked over when I wasn't around. Mine gave me a warning but only some models do this. You can return it to sony for like $140 under and "out of warrenty" repair. My fan was turning but producing drag and that caused it to overheat. I wasn't shure why it was overheating and I even added an external cooler but it still would overheat, shutdown, and do that when you tryed to turn it back on. I ended up hooking a hoover to the back of the ps3 with electrical tape and taped shut the other holes on the back. I turned on the hoover and wa la. you may want to try this. I played my ps3 for 2 weeks like that with the vack outside my door. I eventually received a new fan+heatsink for $50 from ebay. If you would like I could track down who I baught it from. they live in NY, NY and seemed to have a lot of ps3 parts. Don't spam me!!! DCC0011@hotmail.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users