• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dum

dum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:23 AM

I'm interested in hearing what apps people have on their xbox. Please don't list out every app you have, just the ones that you like.

I'm not looking for anything specific, but please avoid types of apps that are covered specifically in other areas of the board (e.g. dashboards, emulators, etc.)

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

In terms of programs I consider "Apps", I have three listed in that menu.

Mimesis -

Allows you to add fan made game content to your system, in much the same way as X-Box Live. For example, you can download some user created Halo maps. It does not allow you to download actual X-Box Live content and is completely free.

UnleashX -

As XBMC is my primary dashboard, I keep this in a place where it's easily accessible for those rare times I need it. Really I just like it's text editor, though I'm aware XBMC has a script that gives it that functionality.

MS Dash -

Accessed via a shortcut set up in my apps folder. Most reliable save game manager out there, and required to tweak certain system settings that can't otherwise be accessed.

In addition to these, I have three other tools hidden on my drive that can't be accessed without using a file manager (as they aren't exactly safe for newbies to find). This is so that when I mod a new console, I can easily copy these programs over (along with my dashboard setup etc) and speed the installation process.

ConfigMagic -

Lets you lock/unlock your HDD, backup your EEPROM and tweak a few other important system settings. Can't brick the console but can easily mess it up beyond joe user's ability to quickly fix.

EvoX setup as a BIOS flasher -

Along with those BIOS types I commonly use. Every time I have to run it I hold my breath, if a TSOP flash fails for whatever reason the only practical fix is to install a modchip.

XBPartitioner -

Required to setup HDDs with partitions larger then 256gb.

#3 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

I am gonna have to take one of bomb blokes apps which is a dash but its great as an app too and thats

Unleashx--the text editor is good but i like the built in disk copy and the drive format tool

#4 dum

dum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:00 AM

Good stuff! Very much what I'm looking for. Keep 'em commin!

#5 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

I think the app I use the most is DVD2Xbox, mostly for putting games on my HDD, though I have a few DVDs ripped with it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users