#1 goohman

goohman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

ok, so I got RROD and I was gonna to the penny fix, so I got all the screws out the bottom of the metal chasis with a hex key (it was a 5/64{thats what it says on the kit} and every thing was cool.

but there are 3 of the black screws(X-clamps) that wouldn't connect, the Hex key would just skip over it, I looked into the screw to make sure i didnt F$%# myself over and they were only alittle sanded it looked like but there was still the indentations meant for the right tool(Torx). So I decide after 2 min of trying that I would go buy a Torx set. So I go to home depot and come back, my room mate is storming out my room and into the garage, (hes in my room all the time so I thought nothing of it) I go to my bare 360 and use the torex wrench and I notice that it isnt connecting eith and im sitting there like WTF, and I look at the screw and its completely round on the inside.

How can I get these screws out to continue the job?

I would post pics but the camera on the iPhone sucks but if you still want them just say so

BTW its error code 0102

Not sure If this is the right forum If it isnt please tell me

#2 monteca820ce

monteca820ce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

use a dremel with a cutoff wheel and notch the stripped screws and use a flathead screwdriver to get them out. That will do the trick

#3 goohman

goohman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(monteca820ce @ Aug 22 2008, 08:36 AM) View Post

use a dremel with a cutoff wheel and notch the stripped screws and use a flathead screwdriver to get them out. That will do the trick

ok, I will try, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users