Photo

Using An Xcm Fan Dvd Power Adaptor For...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zelkinp

zelkinp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hey guys,
A while back I bought one of these XCM fan's to install in my 360 Elite. However the extend heat radiator is in the way, I have no intention to remove it and was hoping to just use the XCM fan DVD drive power adaptor to power a smaller standard 12v PC fan.
My problem is, I've heard about people getting their xbox live account banned because they used their DVD drive power to power other accessories. I assumed the XCM fan would get around this as it's been designed for the 360, but if I'm just using a standard 12v Fan could I get banned?

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry if i've posted this in the wrong forum or if it's been addressed already.

Thanks.

#2 Retman

Retman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

I don't know why people belive you get banned for having a extra fan in your 360. Listen, YOU do NOT get banned for having a extra fan in your 360, Microsoft hasn't put any protection so that it notices you have something powered that shouldn't be there.

The stories you have heard are lies. Don't belive everything the internet tells you. And yes, it has been addressed already...more than once.

Edited by Retman, 23 August 2008 - 02:10 PM.

#3 zelkinp

zelkinp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for the info, I only had concern's because I heard of these instances, and my immediate searches didn't satisfy my curiosity. I thought it would be better to side on the idea of caution and ask what I considered a respectable collection of enthusiasts rather than just execute my idea.
As I said in my OP; sorry if it's been addressed already.

I didn't mean to offend or annoy.

Thanks again.

#4 GeToChKn

GeToChKn

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

Its not getting banned from Live, but using the DVD power for other things can fry transistors on the board and if that happens, then you'll have a bad time. Just solder to the bottom of the board for all your power needs. Your XBox will like you for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users