#1 gallfrid

gallfrid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

I went into my local asda (wigan) and bought an xbox360 thinking that it would be new. When i have got home and set it up i have noticed on the back that the manufacture date is early 2006.

what i would like to know is that will i be able to take it back because of this reason. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Gallfrid.

#2 lukeyboi88

lukeyboi88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

Asda Return Policy

It says there that you can return only if unopened but ring them up and find out, or even go into to the store.

If you dont get it changed you can be sure u'll get a red ring of death coz the early xbox's wern't built properly

Edited by lukeyboi88, 24 August 2008 - 09:36 PM.

#3 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

Probably. How was it advertised to you?, as a pro, premium, arcade or core console?. I'd go back in and say I wasn't happy about being sold an old console that doesn't have HDMI like all the new ones should. They will no doubt switch it over for a newer one there and then without fuss provided you can show the receipt.

#4 gallfrid

gallfrid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for the replys.

lukeyboi88,
That is mainly the reason i would like it changed. And plus it has no hdmi.

sabbath_dude,
It was advertise as premium 20gig with halo 3 and mass effect 200. I have still got the receipt.

Really i should have waited and got the new 60 gig, i think i will do if i get money back for it.

I will go down tomorrow if it is still open (bank holiday). plus i work nights so its not the best day to take it back really but ill try.

Cheers,

Gallfrid.

Ill let you know how i go on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users