Photo

Liteon Update! Key Readable By Soldering Serial Port.

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#361 tonyintn

tonyintn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE(ersatze @ Nov 10 2008, 04:04 PM) View Post

ok. it seems that i suceedeed in repairing the board, but i think that the problem lies in how i half-open the lite on.i just cant seem to get it to STAY half-open - it always goes completely out or in - so can someon tell me exactly how to do it - using just the xbox's power (cuz i dont have the connectivity kit) - thnx!!!!!

This is the way I was able to keep the drive half open, I also did not use the connectivity kit.

"Turn on the Xbox with the power cable connected and the DVD drive closed. Then pull the power out(by pulling the power line out the DVD drive). Now with the Lite-on drive free of any cables, push the lever inside it to eject the drive manually. Plug in the power, SATA cable and serial adaptor and dump it using DVDkey. If either DVDkey32 or the 16 bit version fails, try the other with the above eject method."

Edited by tonyintn, 11 November 2008 - 02:07 AM.

#362 buddy6

buddy6

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(ersatze @ Nov 10 2008, 10:04 PM) View Post

ok. it seems that i suceedeed in repairing the board, but i think that the problem lies in how i half-open the lite on.i just cant seem to get it to STAY half-open - it always goes completely out or in - so can someon tell me exactly how to do it - using just the xbox's power (cuz i dont have the connectivity kit) - thnx!!!!!

My set up using Xbox 360
If you have connectivity kit and added the TX and RX wires to the lead
Then you can do the same to the Xbox power lead just add the TX and RX wires to the empty holes
I use two 1.5 volt batteries connected in series to power the max3232 3 volts ,if not and its 5 volts just add three batteries’ together making 4.5 volts will be ok very easy way
1 connect sata lead to DVD rom drive connect rs232 TX, RX, and power
2 turn on Xbox (do not turn off again until finished)
3 open tray
4 close tray but just before it is closed pull out power lead from DVD drive to motherboard it’s easier to
Pull the plug out of the motherboard
5 pull out draw half way
6 push power plug back in mother board (notice Xbox light begins to flash)
7 boot into dos use doskey port no e.g. doskey ec00 (this is my port no)
Or boot into windows use doskey32 port no ---- 1 e.g. doskey32 ec00 1 (this is my port no and com 1)
This works for me I have used a 3.3 volt max 3232, and 5volt max232 works every time

#363 Substance90

Substance90

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

Hey guys, I`m using the Connectivity Kit 3 Pro version, but I`m not able to get the key.bin. I tried USB-COM and a serial cable to the real COM port, but neither works. It gets identify.bin and inquiry.bin, but for the key it shows only CC CC CC... I tried dvdkey32 in windows and dvdkey 16 in DOS, but neither works.

My solder is good, I tried the connection with an ohm meter. I also tried THIS method and the method described in the official Team Xecutor site. Basically the biggest difference is that in the first site the DVD`s power is cut while the tray is closing, while on the Team Xecutor site they say that you should just eject it and manually close it half-way while it is still powered.

Now I`m thinking maybe I should try the RS232-TL converter with 4 wires connected to the DVD, but I`m afraid to use iron again (almost bricked the DVD when connecting TxD and RxD).

Do you think maybe I can use the whole just next to the 3,3V source to stick a small wire or something like that?

IPB Image

Edited by Substance90, 12 November 2008 - 08:04 PM.

#364 tonyintn

tonyintn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE(Substance90 @ Nov 12 2008, 01:38 PM) View Post

Hey guys, I`m using the Connectivity Kit 3 Pro version, but I`m not able to get the key.bin. I tried USB-COM and a serial cable to the real COM port, but neither works. It gets identify.bin and inquiry.bin, but for the key it shows only CC CC CC... I tried dvdkey32 in windows and dvdkey 16 in DOS, but neither works.

My solder is good, I tried the connection with an ohm meter. I also tried THIS method and the method described in the official Team Xecutor site. Basically the biggest difference is that in the first site the DVD`s power is cut while the tray is closing, while on the Team Xecutor site they say that you should just eject it and manually close it half-way while it is still powered.

Now I`m thinking maybe I should try the RS232-TL converter with 4 wires connected to the DVD, but I`m afraid to use iron again (almost bricked the DVD when connecting TxD and RxD).

Do you think maybe I can use the whole just next to the 3,3V source to stick a small wire or something like that?

IPB Image

Your problem might be the same I had when I was only getting CC CC CC...., some on here explained the manual was a bit wrong and told me to change the TxD and RxD wiring so it would be TxD to RxD and RxD to TxD not TxD to TxD and RxD to RxD. I think the problem is the different ypes of converters being used.

#365 Substance90

Substance90

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE(tonyintn @ Nov 13 2008, 03:30 AM) View Post

Your problem might be the same I had when I was only getting CC CC CC...., some on here explained the manual was a bit wrong and told me to change the TxD and RxD wiring so it would be TxD to RxD and RxD to TxD not TxD to TxD and RxD to RxD. I think the problem is the different ypes of converters being used.

Well that might be the case for the RS232 converter, but how can the wiring of the connectivity kit 3 be wrong? I still haven`t tried with a converter and 4 wires to the DVD mobo.

#366 kolor9

kolor9

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:28 AM

uh, i faced alot of problems dumping key from my liteon, here is a little description

first thing i fucked up R707, accidentally tearing that apart, also i managed to fuck up R710 resistor lol
i couldnt get tray opened in half position it always kept closing and then i fucked up the hole beneath R707, so i had to use soldering on the other side of pcb, finally i found that connecting RX-RX tx-tx isnt logically, so i had to reverse them to be rx-tx tx-rx

i never got any result in RealTerm, just two zeros 00, actually loopback didnt work in HyperTerm also so i thought my max3232 is fucked up.

but finally things started to get right, i found that

to open tray half open, u have to disconnect dvdroms power cable off motherboard, while keeping the xbox turned on, because it sends close command on startup

the best way to achieve proper half tray open position is - turn on drive, eject it with eject button, cut off power to dvdrom, pull it halfway in, connect power to drive

u must connect wires from liteons pcb to max RX to TX and vice versa

if u fuckedup r707 or 708 - u can use holes below them, or on the opposite side, or there are plenty of points to connect to also

if u fuckedup r710 - its ok, u can still dump the key

and i succeeded under windows, with USB-Serial cable (COM1 didnt give me success)
i just kept trying for a very long time, and it came up smile.gif

#367 buddy6

buddy6

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:07 PM

My way of extracting the lite-on key
My Webpage

#368 eriksson25

eriksson25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

Hi, I have read the entire thread and now got my hands on a lite on so wanted to try it. Got this adapter
http://cgi.ebay.com/...m...A1|240:1318

I solderd everything like it shuld and When I was redy for dumping the key I did as the wiki guide. But then something hapend. When I started the computer with the adapter in the comport it started to smell and I culd se somehing on the moterborad at the usb glowing. Shut it of and removed everything and now when I boot up the computer it get stuck on some usb error and the motherboard glows. What did I do wrong? And how could this hapend?

ragards /kg

#369 buddy6

buddy6

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(eriksson25 @ Nov 14 2008, 02:50 PM) View Post

Hi, I have read the entire thread and now got my hands on a lite on so wanted to try it. Got this adapter
http://cgi.ebay.com/...m...A1|240:1318

I solderd everything like it shuld and When I was redy for dumping the key I did as the wiki guide. But then something hapend. When I started the computer with the adapter in the comport it started to smell and I culd se somehing on the moterborad at the usb glowing. Shut it of and removed everything and now when I boot up the computer it get stuck on some usb error and the motherboard glows. What did I do wrong? And how could this hapend?

ragards /kg

sounds like you have solderd the leads on the wrong pins check the voltage connections
or got the leads mixed up

Edited by buddy6, 14 November 2008 - 09:41 PM.

#370 magicmycote

magicmycote

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(eriksson25 @ Nov 14 2008, 03:50 PM) View Post
the motherboard glows.

torch.gif

#371 Substance90

Substance90

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Substance90 @ Nov 12 2008, 09:38 PM) View Post

Anyone? Are there other people not being able to dump the key.bin using CK 3 Pro (or Lite)?

#372 eriksson25

eriksson25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(buddy6 @ Nov 14 2008, 10:16 PM) View Post

sounds like you have solderd the leads on the wrong pins check the voltage connections
or got the leads mixed up

It was right but it seems that it was something wrong on the motherbord. Well well it was a old motherboard anyway. But now I had to dig up a evan older one. And this one wount boot into dos from the usb memmoy. Any ide how to get this to work? I managed to get into dos with a dos cd but then it cant find the usb where I have the dvdkey. Please any help would be apricatad.

#373 Substance90

Substance90

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:59 PM

I am still not able to do it, this gets me soo frustrated!

dvdkey16 says:
It didn`t work sorry, sega:54
Nothing received from COM port.

Does this mean that something with my serial cable/COM port might be wrong? Or maybe I am not able to put the drive in the right mode (the part where you have to close the tray and cut the power off)?
How can I test things in XP with Realterm? How does this application really work?

I really don`t know what to do anymore. There is some current leakage on my metal PC case (i can feel it with my hand) and on most of my attempts the dvd drive was touching the case, but I tried with space between them and there was no difference. Also maybe it is worth mentioning that while I do the process the CK3 Pro is hanging in the air from a molex cable.

Edited by Substance90, 17 November 2008 - 07:09 PM.

#374 Substance90

Substance90

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(Substance90 @ Nov 17 2008, 08:35 PM) View Post

I am still not able to do it, this gets me soo frustrated!

dvdkey16 says:
It didn`t work sorry, sega:54
Nothing received from COM port.

Does this mean that something with my serial cable/COM port might be wrong? Or maybe I am not able to put the drive in the right mode (the part where you have to close the tray and cut the power off)?
How can I test things in XP with Realterm? How does this application really work?

I really don`t know what to do anymore. There is some current leakage on my metal PC case (i can feel it with my hand) and on most of my attempts the dvd drive was touching the case, but I tried with space between them and there was no difference. Also maybe it is worth mentioning that while I do the process the CK3 Pro is hanging in the air from a molex cable.

Come on guys! What`s with the totally not existing support for CK3? What did I buy this thing for?

#375 wobble

wobble

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Substance90 @ Nov 21 2008, 03:34 PM) View Post

Come on guys! What`s with the totally not existing support for CK3? What did I buy this thing for?

I followed this and it worked great:

http://team-xecuter....eon_windows.htm

In your previous pic you posted, you had two blue lines drawn in there. That's how I did mine. I found it easier to solder a small wire on each of the RxD and Txd spots. Then just stuck the other end of the wires in to the small holes next to the R707 and R708 areas. (I used the CK3 Light)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users