9 replies to this topic

#1 eyedontnowhatimdoin

eyedontnowhatimdoin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:55 AM

Ok here we go, i recently lost almost 300 gig of data due to a hdd curruption, apperently my problem was i needed to use 32k clusters instead of 16 because i have a 500 gig hard drive. Its been a really long time since i flashed a bios, ive been searching everywhere but its hard to tell which tuts are outdated or if there is an easier way to do this. so what i want to do is patch a bios with LBA48 support so that all my data is on partition F.
here is what i have:
xbox v1.1
xecuter 2.6 ce
x2.4985.06
AID v3.4

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

#2 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:14 PM

I believe that bios is all set, I have 4981.06 and it has LBA48 support. But to double check you can download XBTool and open the bios in the bottom left corner it will tell you if that particialar file is LBA48 enabled. Also note the .06 part denotes that partition 6 (or F) will take the rest of the drive, so you should end up with, C~500MB, E~5GB X,Y,Z~750MB and F~480-490GB (make sure it is formatted in 32K clusters)
if you use the .67 bios file you will end up with F~137GB (can be formatted with 16K clusters) and G~343-353GB (still needs 32K clusters)

Edited by jakejm79, 25 August 2008 - 04:14 PM.

#3 eyedontnowhatimdoin

eyedontnowhatimdoin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:02 AM

Thanks for replying jakejm79, when i try to format using xbpartitioner v1.1 it tells me LBA48 is not detected and when i continue anyway my only option is 16k clusters. i checked my bios using bios checker in AID and in a temporary evox dash.

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:47 AM

I quite like the X2 5035 BIOS. That's got LBA48 support by default.

But to my memory, the BIOS you have should work anyway (despite what XBP thinks).

XBP 1.1 doesn't give you "options" regarding cluster size. If you're trying to create a partition over 256gb, it should be telling you it's going to use 32kb clusters.

All the other partitions will be done with 16kb of course.

#5 eyedontnowhatimdoin

eyedontnowhatimdoin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ May 12 2008, 06:28 AM) View Post

To see if you have LBA48 support, load up XBPartitioner and see what it has to say on the matter. If it complains that you don't have it, you don't have it.

The most up to date softmod out there (NDure) does include the support, but this isn't true of all other softmods. So it depends on which on you're using as to whether you need to make any changes or not.

If you find you lack the support, you've got a few choices as to what to do about it:

1) Upgrade your softmod. A CASH 1.1 disc can do this.

2) Flash your TSOP with a different BIOS. Can only be done with a pre-1.6 console.

3) Install a modchip so you can use an alternate BIOS.

The TSOP/modchip methods have advantages in that it's easier to install a new HDD and harder to "break" your mod.

[quote]

Im confused, i tried a new bios X2.4983.06 (256K) and XBPartitioner stills gives me same message about LBA48 support not being detected in my bios, sorry for being so paranoid but i would hate to loose that much data again.

#6 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

You can try using an older version XBpartioner (1.0 I believe) I think that lets you choose what size clusters you want to format with rather than trying to auto detect, also there is a 2.0 version out (or coming out) that may help.

#7 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

Look, if you're that worried your BIOS doesn't have the support, why not switch to the BIOS I recommended?

#8 eyedontnowhatimdoin

eyedontnowhatimdoin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

I'll give the X2 5035 BIOS when i get home, should i use xbtool or evtool to edit my bios, or does that make any difference?

#9 babyblu

babyblu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

make sure you set the bios up right your chip takes a 1mb bios when flashing not a 256kb. I had the same problem with XBP so I grab a clean copy of Xecuter2.4981.06 bios then edited in XBtool_1.0.23a so the XBMC.xbe was the first to boot. Then using x2bm_v23 I added my edited bios in banks 1&2 and in banks 3&4 in put flashbios_v303 I saved it the FTPd it to my xbox and used FlashX V1.2 to flash it to my chip. After that XBP had no issues and formatted the drive with 32kb clusters.

#10 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

5035 is not compatible with XBtool/EVtool, but as previously mentioned, has LBA48 support from the word go.

You can mess around with it using X2ool if you like, but I recommend you read the BIOS documentation before asking any more questions on that matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users