• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gagilk

gagilk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

guys i need some help my college wont let anyone access the internet with out their permission...they needed the mac address for my laptop..and i went to plug in my 360 to live
and it diddent work!!! i called them and they told me we arnt alloweed to have live on the network....what do i need to do to get live to work...im freeken going crazy this is nutz. do i need to change the mac on my 360 to the same as my lap top...what should i do guys??

#2 chadives

chadives

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, kayaking, nuking terrorist in COD4, Modding, surface mount soldering, PCB Layout
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

I don't think you will be changing your mac address on your box.

You need to listen to me carefully......go to the store and buy a 12 pack of the finest beer you can afford(weed will work too), then go lurk aroud IT department for a while, look for someone who looks like a gamer.....you know the type, be careful cuz IT guys all look the same. Approach said gamer and bribe with beer til he fixes you up.

You college may not allow xbox live so that is why not to approach head IT guy, rather a lowely servant you can employ for you needs. You need to operate stealthily so you don't draw attention to yourself.

There is another way to find out, but can be risky as gamers are a reclusive bunch, lurk your dorm hallways until you find a gamer room, if they are hooked up, a 12pack might convince them to teach you the way(or a challenge in online game of choice).

Don't be afraid to make friends, besides sex and drugs that is what college is for. That is all I have for you grasshopper now hop off and find your gaming helper.

#3 Spartiku5

Spartiku5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

" Does Monkey finger blowing thing "

- add visual aid HERE -

#4 crazyshiza

crazyshiza

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

Just buy a router, set the routers MAC address to the same as your laptops and hookup the xbox and laptop to the router.

#5 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

connect over wireless.
connect xbox to laptop via ethernet
set up connection sharing