#1 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:43 AM

XBMC for Xbox (XboxMediaCenter) SVN rev15165 build (Atlantis Alpha 4) of August 25th 2008 compiled by T3CH

This is a complete snapshot of what was in SVN at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions:
+ Killarny & Nuka1195 & Pike's Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) SVN pre-0.99.7 rev2276 [scripts/Apple Movie Trailers]
+ Team XBMC Lyrics 1.6.0 rev2266 SCRIPT [scripts/XBMC Lyrics]
+ Asteron's Tetris 1.1 SCRIPT [scripts/Tetris]
+ BigBellyBilly's T3CH Upgrader 1.7 SCRIPT [scripts/T3CH Upgrader]
+ Nuka1195's XBMC-Addons Installer 1.2c PLUGIN [plugins/programs/]
+ Codecs for mplayer [/system/players/mplayer/codecs/*]

Special Note From T3CH:

* This is the 'alpha 4' build made from tag in Trunk. No MediaStream bundled this week since I didn't have a new version to bundle.

Due to the great feedback from Alpha 3 users in terms of bug reports, many of which have already been fixed, Team-XBMC have released the latest Alpha version of XBMC for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows and Xbox. This is the last in a series of alpha releases in preparation for the upcoming stable release of XBMC, code named ‘Atlantis’.

XBMC ‘Atlantis’ is still in a feature freeze and the final version is planned to be released on Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox in October. You may track the development progress here, with the next release scheduled to be the first Beta.

We need your help in order to make ‘Atlantis’ as stable as possible. Please download and use this latest Alpha release instead of XBMC SVN builds. We encourage all users to test it thoroughly and report all bugs to our tracking-system.

We would also appreciate any and all assistance in making sure that the XBMC Online Manual and FAQ are as up to date as possible. Both the manual and FAQ are wiki based so just register and request write access if you wish to contribute. In addition, translations and updates of XBMC language files is another area where help would be appreciated.

We expect to be inviting some official beta testers on to the team in the next few weeks, so get testing if you wish to be considered for this role - we’ll be looking for people submitting good quality bug reports for these positions.

* I will no longer include the Win32.exe that was only meant as a skinning and python development tool. Instead I suggest you use the WIN32/SDL version based on linuxport branch. You can find more info about it here (see the sticky for download).
* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://xbmc.org/wiki...oper_Bug_Report

NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD:

Here is the FULL changelog since the August 19th 2008 SVN Rev15026 Build (last one posted on xbox-scene):

2008-08-24 15165 merged: Linuxport changes through to rev 15111.
2008-08-21 15070 fixed: Ticket #4638 - Progress bar halts python scripts.

INSTALL NOTES from T3CH readme/nfo:

* APPLICATION INSTALL
- Fresh Install: Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder (or where you want it).
- Upgrade: Backup the XBMC\UserData folder. Transfer whole XBMC folder to Xbox. Overwrite UserData folder with your backed up copy.

* DASHBOARD INSTALL (SOFTMODS)
ARE NOT COVERED IN THIS README, SEE http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=406656

* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here: http://xbmc.org/wiki...=As_a_Dashboard (Option 1).
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot (see http://xbmc.org/wiki...=As_a_Dashboard or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).

* AN INTRODUCTION TO PLUGINS
XBMC has a system for Media plugins to allow browsing of remote content (Internet) using the regular filesystem approach.
Plugins are put inside >>XBMC/plugins/<video/music/pictures>/<< (I already do this for the one/s I include), furthermore they also need to be installed as a source in (video/music/pictures).
You do this install by using the contextmenu choice >>Add New Source<< while in ROOT list and then choosing ***Plugins as source.
Then you highlight (not select) the folder of the plugin you want to install. It will be saved inside sources.xml for future.

* WIN32 PC ENVIRONMENT INSTRUCTIONS (WIN32 FOLDER)
Good to know, this requires DirectX9 Runtimes to be installed. Also this doesn't work with all graphics cards.
You need to:
- Copy XBMC_PC.exe & 'run_me_first.bat' from win32 to XBMC folder
- Run 'run_me_first.bat'
- Run XBMC_PC.exe

* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old settings (from UserData/guisettings.xml)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in UserData/Database/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!

INFORMATION from T3CH readme/nfo:

XBMC's online manual can be found at http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Main_Page .
Any questions or support issues, are best asked in the XBMC support forums, which are located at http://xbmc.org/forum/ , or in the official IRC support channel, #XBMC on Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net). (NOTE folks in #XBMC can't help with info where to find builds)

If you want other scripts (extra 3rd party components), see
- http://www.xbmcscripts.com or use the included script installer!

If you want trainers, grab them at
- http://www.google.co...q=xbox trainers

The xbe has been retail patched and was built using v5849 of the XDK.

If you want to remove the startup logo, remove splash.png from the \media folder.
If you want to remove the startup sound, remove start.wav from the \skin\Project Mayhem III\sounds\ folder.

XBMC Changelog is included, see Changelog.txt

Official XBMC Website: http://xbmc.org
Official T3CH Website: http://t3ch.yi.se

#2 lawdawg0931

lawdawg0931

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:23 AM

Cool, an upcoming stable release - "Atlantis". I'm downloading now to test the latest Alpha, and will try to test all features I'm familiar with. WOOOHOOOO - looking forward to "Atlantis" tongue.gif

#3 alecjahn

alecjahn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:13 AM

I hope this isn't against policy for me to mention, but I can't connect to european xbins FTP as I normally would to acquire this release. Any hints? Anyone know if it's down? I guess I could go the source code route, as I do have a bit of time tonight.

#4 minooch

minooch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:05 AM

This is for my brother, I would normally just test it myself, but i don't have a tv card for my pc, and the drive (to my brother's house) will take all day.

Does anyone know if supports recorded tv from media centre.

Thanks

Edited by minooch, 26 August 2008 - 06:06 AM.

#5 smokyjoe

smokyjoe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(alecjahn @ Aug 26 2008, 02:49 PM) View Post

I hope this isn't against policy for me to mention, but I can't connect to european xbins FTP as I normally would to acquire this release. Any hints? Anyone know if it's down? I guess I could go the source code route, as I do have a bit of time tonight.

There is a link to the T3CH website at the bottom of the opening post. Check that link out.

#6 moisan4

moisan4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

Can XBMC play Xvid codec video files? I can't help but notice that some of my DVD's burned with copies of avi files encoded with an Xvid codec no longer play. I'm not sure that an Xvid codec is all these DVD's have in common, but this seems to be a new development.

#7 moisan4

moisan4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE(moisan4 @ Aug 26 2008, 01:45 AM) View Post

Can XBMC play Xvid codec video files? I can't help but notice that some of my DVD's burned with copies of avi files encoded with an Xvid codec no longer play. I'm not sure that an Xvid codec is all these DVD's have in common, but this seems to be a new development.

The file works if transfered to the xbox via FTP, but it can't be read from the DVD. Auto play and clicking the play icon doesn't work, and trying to access the DVD from filemanager shows an error message of "path not found or invalid". The DVD is fine, works on PC and the file plays on xbox as well. But recently XBMC can't access some video files from DVD's. Only similarities I've found is an Xvid codec.

#8 Hyphrend

Hyphrend

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:35 AM

Ok so I'm somewhat new to softmodding (just got into it this week). But I have a succesfully softmodded xbox running UnleashX dash and Xbmc as an application. Now I don't know if I just can't find out how to do this or if this release of Xbmc has a bug but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get Xbmc to find apps that I put on my xbox via ftp. I go under My Programs and try to add a new source but it doesn't show any files, only folders so I can't add anything. But through the File Manager I can load up the app. I've been searching how to do it pretty much all day today and part of yesterday but I can't find anywhere that tells how to do it. Maybe this version is bugged. I'm not sure but if I could atleast get a link to somewhere that tells you how to do it then we can know for sure whether its bugged or I'm just stupid and it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Hyphrend, 26 August 2008 - 10:42 AM.

#9 Gamester17

Gamester17

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(XanTium @ Aug 26 2008, 02:19 AM) View Post
* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://xbmc.org/wiki...oper_Bug_Report
Yes, please do not just post about your bugs here, submit all bugs to trac otherwise they will probably not get fixed.

biggrin.gif

#10 hasselhof

hasselhof

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Hi

Thanks for this release

cheers

John biggrin.gif

#11 Hyphrend

Hyphrend

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(Gamester17 @ Aug 26 2008, 06:35 AM) View Post

Yes, please do not just post about your bugs here, submit all bugs to trac otherwise they will probably not get fixed.

biggrin.gif

Sorry just saw that other people were saying they were going to try it out and i assumed they would report anything back.

#12 firstdue

firstdue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

Will try and post on the bug tracker as well .....

Using an X3 with the LCD panel, the clock that appears when the box goes to screensaver has problems with the minutes and seconds not showing correctly (not readable). I went back and tested an early version and the earlier version worked correctly.

#13 Supplicium

Supplicium

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

Thanks! Ill be testing out the windows port.

#14 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE(Hyphrend @ Aug 26 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post
I go under My Programs and try to add a new source but it doesn't show any files, only folders so I can't add anything.

Say you want to add your games to the list. If they're all stored in F:\Games\ (for example), then that's the folder you need to add as a source.

XBMC will read through that folder, find all the programs in there, and dump them on the Programs menu.

While is IS possible to add programs one at a time, the process is a bit more complex and I doubt that's what you want to be do anyway.

#15 Hyphrend

Hyphrend

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ Aug 27 2008, 12:57 AM) View Post

Say you want to add your games to the list. If they're all stored in F:\Games\ (for example), then that's the folder you need to add as a source.

XBMC will read through that folder, find all the programs in there, and dump them on the Programs menu.

While is IS possible to add programs one at a time, the process is a bit more complex and I doubt that's what you want to be do anyway.

Thanks for the help. Fortunately I figured it out after I posted that and couldn't edit it again to say I had the problem fixed. Thanks. First Revision of XBMC I've used and I'm loving it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users