5 replies to this topic

#1 Elementz

Elementz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 06:09 PM

Hello,

I currently have an X-Box modded with an X2 lite. It has cromwell 1.8 on it, and at first I was satisfied with that since all I wanted to do was install linux on it. However, I soon came to realize that I could get much more power from the chip with a different Bios and a different dashboard. I've been looking around and alot of people talk about EvoX and the power of it. I'm not sure about alot of things, so heres my questions:

1.How would I go about putting the EvoX bios on the chip?
2.My X2 lite has cromwell, do I need to use OZX flash?
3. Can I resume using the traditional X-Box dash board by deactivativating my chip if EvoX is intalled?
4. Would I still be able to install linux on it after?
5.Do I need to buy a flasher to flash the chip, or can I do it by CD?

Any info is appreciated

#2 lebriznon

lebriznon

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 June 2003 - 07:07 PM

1. flash it
2. yes
3. yes
4. dunno, ive never tried linux.
5. no, can do by cd

#3 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 07:11 PM

As Evox is both a dashboard and bios, people use the term interchangable, you want to use the evox dashboard, but I would suggest the xecuter bios rather then the evox bios. The latest 4976.02 xecuter bios will allow you to play the latest games without having to patch, the igr (In Game Reset) is also more stable in the xecuter bios then the evox bios. So go ahead and flash your bios with an xecuter bios and install the evox dashboard.

#4 Elementz

Elementz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 07:46 PM

On all the tutorials I've read, people have said I need to network my X Box to install the EvoX Dashboard. Thats just if I want to use the FTP client right? Otherwise, can I install it from CD?

#5 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:56 PM

It is best practice to make a back up of your xbox's hd before installing the evolutionx dashboard, so it would be best to ftp into you xbox before you've copied the dash over.

#6 vidgms4me

vidgms4me

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 June 2003 - 10:03 PM

On all the tutorials I've read, people have said I need to network my X Box to install the EvoX Dashboard. Thats just if I want to use the FTP client right? Otherwise, can I install it
from CD?

you can use slayers under option 5 to install evox without ftp.( please dont flame me)

4. Would I still be able to install linux on it after?

Yes, you can use Gentoox and Ed's Debian with ease with alternative bios. Mandrake IS possible, but its a heck of a process that is easy to mess up on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users