#1 pastortom

pastortom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:44 PM

Hay Guis!

I've repaired about 25 Xbox 360's that was suffering from RROD in different forms with X-clamp-kit, and it's seemed to work pretty good so far.. Haven't gotten any complaints..

But..

I recently started to repair a couple of pretty hardcore RROD malfunctioning XBox 360's that had been "fixed" with x-clamp-kit before, as well as done the "heating-trick" underneath the GPU.. But now they suffer artifact screens like this:

IPB Image

as well as highspeed-fan at beginning..

Now, anyone got any advice on how to fix this? Ive tried the 20-min heatup while RROD with not fan connected and then cooldown for 20 minutes, as well as heating up the underside of the motherboard at the GPU area, (which in other cases did the trick), but it seems that Ive got no more options left..

Halp?!

#2 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

I hope you actually heatgunned/reflowed the solder on those consoles you "fixed". Just heating it up some or using the (insanely stupid) GPU overheating garbage will NOT fix jack shit. you still have broken solder balls, and sooner or later the contact will be gone and the RROD is back.

#3 pastortom

pastortom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

Aight, thanks bud, got any advice on where to heat up as well as for how long?

I've heard different people say the GPU underside, other ones saying the GPU topside, CPU, ram underside and topside, etc etc..

Got a standard issue Ayoue hot airgun with air fan and temperature control..

The real problem for me regarding heating up the gpu is regarding how hot it should get to "fix" the soldering that connects it.. I mean, Ive seen some guides saying that one should heat the GPU heatsinks so hot its not touchable, and other guides saying one should heat the whole motherboard..

What is the real issue, and what exactly should I focus on?

THanks

#4 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

you have to do it without the heatsinks on, of course.
you have to heat the GPU and the immediate area nearby. if that doesn't work, you can also try to heat the RAMs nearby and at the bottom. it's usually visible when the solder melts on components nearby.

#5 ddddyyyy

ddddyyyy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:53 AM

I agree with pastortom

Nike shoes Solar lights wholesale bags louis vuitton bags massage shanghai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users