• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thebody44

thebody44

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

Sorry for being a complete and total noob at this, but I'm having a problem soft-modding my xbox. I got Krayzie's Ndure for Splinter Cell NTSC 1.1 from Xbins and I'm using Action Replay to transfer the game saves over via a hacked flash drive. There are two zip files within the rar archive in the exploit and I've copied both of them over to the hard drive. I start up the original Splinter Cell, select the Linux profile and select "Checkpoints" - nothing happens. The music is still playing in the background, but the controller has no response. I see a couple things that could be impeding my progress and I would appreciate if someone could shed a little light.

1. I backed up and deleted my SC game saves, but I've still got three downloaded levels that I do not want to delete from the HD, but can't copy off to the memory card. Do these need to be removed for the exploit to work?

2. The second save copies over as "Install Linux" and apparently has nothing to do with Splinter Cell. Is this supposed to be correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:51 AM

1: All data must be deleted including the levels. It's not wise to play SC anyway after the softmod as it closes your backdoor when something goes wrong.

2: That's correct. Both saves need to be on the hd

other things that could cause problems are:

-action replay memory units sometimes corrupt the saves and can cause hangups or error screens
-a special 3rd party video cable can make the screen turn black.
- or the save is from the wrong region

#3 thebody44

thebody44

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

Thanks, Krayzie; that's what I was afraid of. I really have no interest in ever playing Agent Under Fire or MechAssault for Xbox. So if I do the exploit for either of those games, I should be able to keep my downloaded content and still play Splinter Cell in the future right? Thanks.

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

MA and 007AUF have special requirements on the specific versions: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=426906

Check your disc first before you use the particular game.

#5 thebody44

thebody44

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

Thanks, ldotsfan. I am aware of the disk requirements and have read through the readme specifying how to load the exploit differently for 007. However, my main concern is that I want to be able to play Splinter Cell again after performing the exploit which, I'm assuming, means I would have to perform the exploit using MA or 007. I just wanted to confirm that my assumption was correct and that I would still be able to play SC after exploiting either 007 or MA. Thanks.

#6 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

if you mod your xbox with game A you can safely play games B and C. They do in no way interfere with eachother

#7 thebody44

thebody44

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

Great; thanks for all the help!

#8 Eddie Munster

Eddie Munster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(thebody44 @ Aug 27 2008, 08:35 PM) View Post

Sorry for being a complete and total noob at this, but I'm having a problem soft-modding my xbox. I got Krayzie's Ndure for Splinter Cell NTSC 1.1 from Xbins and I'm using Action Replay to transfer the game saves over via a hacked flash drive. There are two zip files within the rar archive in the exploit and I've copied both of them over to the hard drive. I start up the original Splinter Cell, select the Linux profile and select "Checkpoints" - nothing happens. The music is still playing in the background, but the controller has no response. I see a couple things that could be impeding my progress and I would appreciate if someone could shed a little light.

1. I backed up and deleted my SC game saves, but I've still got three downloaded levels that I do not want to delete from the HD, but can't copy off to the memory card. Do these need to be removed for the exploit to work?

2. The second save copies over as "Install Linux" and apparently has nothing to do with Splinter Cell. Is this supposed to be correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I had the same problem and couldn't figure out wtf was wrong for days. I read guides everywhere and asked for help on other forums and nobody could help me figure out the problem. My problem was my xbox was running in 480p. I disabled progressive scan, tried again, and it finally worked. Perhaps you have the same issue, perhaps not.

#9 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(krayzie @ Aug 28 2008, 10:48 AM) View Post

if you mod your xbox with game A you can safely play games B and C. They do in no way interfere with eachother

Hi krayzie, can you (or anyone else) elaborate on this? I wasn't aware that there were any restrictions after using the exploit for a game. Is the problem that the exploit won't run if other saves are present? Thanks.

#10 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Oct 25 2008, 10:43 AM) View Post

Hi krayzie, can you (or anyone else) elaborate on this? I wasn't aware that there were any restrictions after using the exploit for a game. Is the problem that the exploit won't run if other saves are present? Thanks.

Yes, exploited save files become overwritten/corrupt when you play the exploited game afterwards. I recommend not playing the game you used for modding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users