#16 legoman16497

legoman16497

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

ok, more info, hope i have it all now. i used the UnleashX+NDURE softmod via hotswap as found on instructables.com... and ya, im vaugely aware of shadowc, wasnt aware of a virtual eeprom.... when i cloned the xbox hd heres what i did:

1. used my linux boot cd for the pc, had original drive as primary master, new blank 40gig as primary slave, cd rom drive as secondary master.

2. loaded unlocking tools, and unlocked orig hd w/ key read from config magic eeprom backup.

3. formatted the new drive with c, e, and f portions as its over 8gigs.

4. using xboxhdm v1.9's clone function, i cloned my orig drive to the 40gig (took ~2 hrs D: )

5. when complete, locked hd with the same hdkey as orig, as i only have a factory bios.

6. installed new hd, booted, and got error 6.

i still have my factory hd modded and working, i just eventually wanna put the bigger hd to store more music n such.

any more assistance will be greatly appreciated. also, i have the frosty disc downloaded, but no cd burner atm, pc with burner died...

thx

Edited by legoman16497, 17 July 2009 - 08:39 PM.

#17 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE(legoman16497 @ Jul 18 2009, 03:38 AM) View Post

i still have my factory hd modded and working, i just eventually wanna put the bigger hd to store more music n such.

Are you saying the same eeprom.bin was used to lock the bigger hdd and the stock hdd, the stock hdd booted and is working now while the new hdd booted to error 6 dry.gif ? Are you using the generated hdd password (from eeprom.bin) or manually typing in the hdd password?

Edited by ldotsfan, 18 July 2009 - 02:18 AM.

#18 legoman16497

legoman16497

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

i have to manually type the key in, cause as mentioned previously, no cd burner avail anymore. my original cd burned doesnt have an eeprom on it. but yes, cloned hd, manually typed hd key, its correct... and new hd boots code 6, stock hd works fine

#19 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

The password is calculated using the HDkey from the eeprom, the disk serial number, and the disk model number, to generate a unique password for each disk/Xbox pair. You can't use the password for one disk to lock another disk - that's why you are getting error 6.

To get the password for the new disk, connect your new disk to your PC, run LiveInfo, load your eeprom, select the Xbox disk, then that will give you the Calculated Password that you can use to lock the new disk. Obviously you'll need to unlock the disk (with the incorrect password) before you start this process.

Edited by Heimdall, 18 July 2009 - 02:03 PM.

#20 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jul 18 2009, 09:02 PM) View Post

To get the password for the new disk, connect your new disk to your PC, run LiveInfo, load your eeprom, select the Xbox disk, then that will give you the Calculated Password that you can use to lock the new disk. Obviously you'll need to unlock the disk (with the incorrect password) before you start this process.

You can do likewise with xboxhdm2 which boots off usb drive so the cd burner isn't needed.

#21 legoman16497

legoman16497

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

ok, where to find liveinfo then, and unfortunately im forced to use the cd for booting, my particular pc is old, and doesnt support booting from usb sad.gif but thanks in advance for the help smile.gif

#22 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(legoman16497 @ Jul 19 2009, 03:23 AM) View Post

ok, where to find liveinfo then.

LiveInfo Beta 3

Edited by ldotsfan, 19 July 2009 - 02:02 AM.

#23 legoman16497

legoman16497

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:21 AM

ok, downloaded. am away from home this weekend. will try sometime early next week and advise of results tyvm smile.gif

#24 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Aug 28 2008, 11:18 PM) View Post

2. xboxhdm2
This attempts to overcome the limitations of xboxhdm by booting off a USB flash drive. Underlying this approach is the use of qemu - a virtualization solution to boot different Linux kernels. Current status: The locking functionality is completed.
The hardware support for SATA and other modern hardware is uncertain at this stage as there are few reported users.

Could a mod edit the link to point to http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=690646 and update the status to The tool as of xboxhdm2.1 final version is completed.

Thanks.

Edited by ldotsfan, 27 August 2009 - 04:12 PM.

#25 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:33 AM

Done.

#26 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Aug 28 2008, 11:18 PM) View Post

However it is possible to ready the new hdd by first connecting it to the xbox and powering it with an external power source. It will boot to error 5 (hdd is unlocked). After which through a series of hotswapping, the autoinstaller disc can then be used on the new hdd to prepare it through all 4 stages. An illustration of this method is lxhdm Both EvoX and UnleashX boot discs may be used as both dashes have hdd preparation abilities (either through ftp or scriptable through menu option) and both dashes in their latest versions have native hdd locking menu options.

Can a mod edit post #1 to include this in between the first and second quotes. Thanks

5. xboxdumper
A windows based tool with the functionality of stage 1 to 2 of hdd preparation,ie formatting of FATX partitions. Together with xplorer360 and hdtool, it does all 4 stages of hdd preparation.

Depending on one's preference and ability/experience, availability of the prerequisite equipment and the clarity of the chosen tutorial instructions, a softmod xbox hdd can thus be upgraded.

Edited by ldotsfan, 30 March 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#27 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:01 AM

Done.

#28 Markus11

Markus11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:36 AM

It all works well for me but the size of my partitions is wrong. G: is much bigger than F:. My question is how i can change this? Is it possibel after the installation or must it done before? I used a little linux program to prepare my hdd. Thx for your help!!!!!!

#29 gokudo

gokudo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

JTLYK, from my experience method 5 works best with modern equipment. My mainboard is <1 year old and I couldn't use xboxhdm2 at all because it cut longer filenames and folders while copying the partition C and E files to my new HDD.

#30 stuuuf

stuuuf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

I've got a refurbished Xbox (version 1.6) with an original hard drive. I've been using it strictly for XBMC for a few years (set as the default dashboard), but I think it's time for a larger drive.

I got xboxhdm to work on a spare system, and I've FTP-ed everything from the original drive, but I'm not sure what I should copy with this method. Should I do both the C and E drives and copy them via xboxhdm, or should I only copy the C drive, then FTP everything else once I've verified the new drive works?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users