Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

You need C and E. Make sure you bypass shadow C on your current softmod before making a copy of the C partition.

#32 juicius

juicius

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

My issue is a bit different. I modded by Xbox during the modchip days, upgraded to a larger HD and set aside the original. A few years pass and the Xbox started having some problems, probably related to the modchip, so I removed the modchip, dug up the original HD and softmodded it. Porblem is, my larger HD has all the um, data I'd like to transfer. I'd love to copy the data to my network hard drive, and basically reformat and reuse the larger hard drive except... You guessed it, the drive is locked. I have no idea why I locked it, since it would work unlocked with the modchip. Is there a utility or process that would unlock this drive to make the content accessible? I could re-rig it to the Xbox but remember, this was a modchip Xbox so I don't think it'll boot.

#33 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

Get the eeprom.bin from the softmodded xbox, unlock larger hdd with xboxhdm with the eeprom file, load the softmod files onto C drive of larger hdd, lock it and install back onto the console.

#34 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

First post updated.

#35 Beaps

Beaps

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade the hard drive in a friends Xbox 1.

I softmodded the console for them but I don't know the best method to install a larger hard drive. I use a laptop so I am not able to connect the Xbox IDE hard drive to it so I am not sure of my options.

My xbox tho is modchipped so I put their hard drive in mine formatted it installed evoX, took it out, placed it in theirs & all I get is the green text.

Bit stuck, please help

Thanks

#36 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE(Beaps @ Dec 5 2012, 03:18 AM) View Post

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade the hard drive in a friends Xbox 1.

I softmodded the console for them but I don't know the best method to install a larger hard drive. I use a laptop so I am not able to connect the Xbox IDE hard drive to it so I am not sure of my options.

My xbox tho is modchipped so I put their hard drive in mine formatted it installed evoX, took it out, placed it in theirs & all I get is the green text.

Bit stuck, please help

Thanks

This is how I softmod and upgrade hard drives on other Xbox consoles using my chipped Xbox:

1. Backup the C drive, E drive, and the eeprom from your friends Xbox using your favorite gamesave exploit and evolution X
2. unlock your hard drive on your chipped xbox using the "config magic" app (to prevent being locked out)
3. take your friends new hard drive (that you plan to install in your friends Xbox) and install it in your chipped xbox
4. Format the hard drive by loading a dvdr Evolution X (you can format remotely using FTP commands also)
5. copy over the backup of C and E partitions that were saved to your pc
6. install "Config Magic 1.6" and save your eeprom backup inside the config magic data folder
7. launch config magic, update your chipped Xbox with the eeprom from your friends xbox
8. after updating your eeprom, lock the hard drive using the same eeprom
9. remove the hard drive and install it in your friends xbox
10. the hard drive should now function properly in your friends xbox
11. proceed with softmodding the xbox like you normally would
12. reflash your old eeprom to your chipped xbox if you feel the need to

There are multiple ways of going about doing this, but this is what seemed to work well for me. Config Magic, Evolution X, and any one of the softmod auto-installers makes the process a breeze.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users