xjustsumloserx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:39 PM

The server has been ready for PSOX support for quite some time, the problem is no one knows how to get around xbox live and redirect the game to the server. I wish someone would figure it out.

#3 Zelgadis

Zelgadis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:XBMC + Networking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:30 AM

thank you xbox live for killing a classic.

they had a theory that once u emulate xlive u can connect.
but they were afraid of a lawsuit so no one did try.

#4 Cross88

Cross88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Toonami, Japanese Culture, MMORPGs

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(xjustsumloserx @ Jan 2 2009, 10:39 PM)  

The server has been ready for PSOX support for quite some time, the problem is no one knows how to get around xbox live and redirect the game to the server. I wish someone would figure it out.

So you know for a fact SCHTServ has a private server ready for the original xbox, or at least the means to have one if Microsoft lightens up on the legal stuff.

I have sent both Sega and Microsoft Faxes to their legal department asking them on this matter. Hoping to get something started or at least get answers from the source.

I publish my findings and any letters I receive from them on twitter: PSO Twitter Link (Please follow US!)

#5 xjustsumloserx

xjustsumloserx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

Before schthack handed over the server to Crono there was some things said about the state of the server. He said pretty much exactly that, the server is ready for xbox but no one has figured out the encryption of xbox live to redirect it to it. With Blue Burst being the only thing played on that server now, I doubt you will ever see PSOX online again. There is another server specifically for DC/PC/GC users up now, and is open source. It's run by bluecrab, a lot of the vets that still hang around moved there due to Cronos neglect of anything but BB on the server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users