5 replies to this topic

#1 problem_child

problem_child

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

I am having trouble with some smd and bin file roms for the NeoGenesis and wanted to know if anyone here has had any problems with getting roms to play. I have used some of the older Neogenesis and the newer ones including the modified v22. A few of the games I can't run are the Splatterhouse 1,2 ,3 Sonic games and others. I have tried renaming them because some file names were too long but that didn't so I wanted to see if there is a compatibility list here or someting?

#2 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

You say they are bin & smd roms, that should be enough.
they aren't zipped or anything? (7zip compression isn't supported so if they are 7zipped..)

run goodgen.exe on them and see if they are good dumps, you might have some bad dumps.
(though i doubt its that, seeing how you have many well known roms and they all don't work)

normally all good dumps should run fine, i for one have never had any problems running sega roms.

if its not a zipping/rar problem try removing the neogenesis savegame from the msdash, maybe its still using an older save and something is conflicting.

#3 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

Everything VampX said should take care of your problems. All of those games are good for me. The only one I don't seem to have is Splatterhouse I. It doesn't even show up on GameFaqs.com, so you've got something that I might like to know more about.

Anyhow, as for compatibility lists, check out this thread: VIEW

You can also download videos/artwork/game manuals/game guides/rumbles/datfiles for SNES there, and the artwork and videos for LYNX.

You should check it out too VampX if you haven't seen it stickied up there.

Later,
~Rx

#4 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Aug 30 2008, 08:26 PM) View Post

The only one I don't seem to have is Splatterhouse I. It doesn't even show up on GameFaqs.com,
so you've got something that I might like to know more about.
Splatterhouse 1 was never released for the Genesis/Megadrive it was Arcade and pc-engine only i believe.
I didn't even notice that he wrote that.

You should check it out too VampX if you haven't seen it stickied up there.
Yeah i've seen you talk about it in some threads and i noticed the sticky,
I really need to look into this since i'm rebuilding both of my xboxes, i upgraded them both with 500gig hd's so video's/art/work/etc would be a welcome addition to them.

Edited by VampX, 30 August 2008 - 11:44 PM.

#5 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:01 PM

Good to know that I didn't miss a game there man...

You're going to love the SNES after you get it all set up.

500GB is the way to go. Can't wait till the 1TB comes down in price enough to justify sticking it in a box. I've only got 1 500GB and a 120GB box and it's definately not enough room after you throw some XBox games on there and a couple hundred PSX games. I loved figuring out that XBMC streams the videos and music though. Got about 2.5TB ready to stream at a push of a button. cool.gif

Let me know what you think when you get around to it. It will be a project, that's for sure, but I cut out about 1,000 hours of work for ya.

~Rx

#6 problem_child

problem_child

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

My mistake it was Splatterhouse 2 and 3 just different versions of the same game. I just got off work and will be for 2 days so I am going to try and see if I can get it to work and use Goodgen.exe like you suggested. Thanks for the help it has been bugging me I can't get them to work, I don't have them zipped so they could be bad dumps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users