#1 shintei

shintei

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

This Xbox has been sitting around for quite some time. I believe it is the one that I softmodded and then went in and hit the Bios Flash in Slayers Evox. The Bios Flash got to like 80% and froze. . .

When I boot the Box, it Flubbers and then goes to the Multi-Language your xbox is F'ed screen. The LEDs are flashing Green and Red.

Box will not boot games. I'm fairly certain the Bios is destroyed. (though someone said if it flubbers the bios should be fine)

No error number in the upper Left.

Softmodded with the Mechassualt Exploit.

So it appears the 2 Eeproms I have sitting on my PC HD arent for the box I am trying to fix after all. Thought I could use XboxHDM to rebuild but no go.

Looks like I am pretty boned atm.

Is there a program I can run from within the XboxHDM CD? Like through Xbrowser to get the HD Key and correct Eeprom? I already used one of the wrong eeproms to rebuild the HD thinking it was the correct one so the backup files on there are now the incorrect eeprom and hddkey for the board...

Looks like I might be building an Eeprom reader after all.

My question is: Is a Mod Chip or Eeprom reader my only available options now? Is it even an option? I am really no good with soldering and would love any alternative to a chip. I have 2 kids so spending the extra cash on a solderless chip at the moment is not exactly an option. Pretty stuck at the moment. Should I let it sit and collect dust until I can just spring for the solderless modchip? Or go ahead and try out the Eeprom reader?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by shintei, 30 August 2008 - 08:20 PM.

#2 shintei

shintei

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

Nothing at all?

#3 Traviss63

Traviss63

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:30 AM

Simple fix. You use a thing called an EEprom reader with a program called ponyprog. What this will do is read your eeprom from your xbox motherboard and then save it to a .bin file after that you just re-format the hard drive with the eeprom you saved and wha-la your done.

When you click this first link, all the schematics and images can be overwhelming but this is very simple to make! There's a guy online who actually made one from an Altoid's tin. Good Luck!

Build an Eeprom reader

Ponyprog program

Edited by Traviss63, 01 September 2008 - 05:37 AM.

#4 shintei

shintei

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

Cool. Thanks for the response.

Im going to get right on making it.

#5 Traviss63

Traviss63

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

When you're done constructing the piece post a reply on this thread and I'll explain exactly how to use it(Only if you need it). It's not difficult but can be a little confusing at times. I have this piece and I use it on bricked xbox's I buy off craigslist for $15-$20 and it always works like a charm! cool.gif

#6 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(shintei @ Aug 31 2008, 03:41 AM) View Post

No error number in the upper Left.

Xbox ver 1. and no error number. Many possibilities to the cause of the FRAG. The eeprom reader may not help you at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users