ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

All done adding HS boxart to the Genesis/CD/32x!!!

Wow..... where did I get that crappy Genesis/CD/32x boxart pack I was working with before.

LOL... even the smallest hyperspin boxart "Granada", which was only 24kb was still 4kb larger than what I had. All in all, I think there were only about 8 boxarts that I had higher quality than the HyperSpin stuff. Unfortunately, so much of them were "Mega Drive" that there are still a lot of small boxarts. Hopefully when MM? gets those HD boxarts my way we'll take care of that.

Thanks for the link Gilles. I'll see where we are after I get MM?'s stuff from thecoverproject integrated and we'll go there if we still need more HD images.

What to do next......?

#1607 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:22 AM

i need help sad.gif

ive got goodsnes roms. tried getting em from 2 different places. sets were identical. they were .7z-ed not .zipped.

i place them in romcenter and tried both rx's dat files and mmquestions but every single rom says "Unknown rom" and is in grey.

i tried un .7zing a few and then .zipping them thinking romcenter just dont work with .7z (which i did read) and they still come up "Unknown".

all roms that i tested work with zsnesxbox 3.5 (there was 1861 roms total). when i manually change a few names of roms to match the video names they worked fine (the video previews worked that is).

but im trying to rename all the roms to match all the videos i got from here. for instance The 7th Saga rom name is "7th Saga, The.7z" but the video is "7th Saga.wmv" (that's probably obvious though lol)

please help.

Edited by dballs442, 15 November 2009 - 05:24 AM.

#1608 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:28 AM

Yeah... with my dats, there shouldn't be any ", the"'s

Hope you figure it out. The dats should work, but now they're about a year or so old. Maybe they don't work with the newest roms.

#1609 BlueSlingShot

BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(dballs442 @ Nov 15 2009, 05:22 AM) View Post

i need help sad.gif

ive got goodsnes roms. tried getting em from 2 different places. sets were identical. they were .7z-ed not .zipped.

i place them in romcenter and tried both rx's dat files and mmquestions but every single rom says "Unknown rom" and is in grey.

i tried un .7zing a few and then .zipping them thinking romcenter just dont work with .7z (which i did read) and they still come up "Unknown".

all roms that i tested work with zsnesxbox 3.5 (there was 1861 roms total). when i manually change a few names of roms to match the video names they worked fine (the video previews worked that is).

but im trying to rename all the roms to match all the videos i got from here. for instance The 7th Saga rom name is "7th Saga, The.7z" but the video is "7th Saga.wmv" (that's probably obvious though lol)

please help.

If i may comment, it was extremely tough getting all roms to match up with resx dats. I did get them all, (Thanks to megamans dats also) but i had to mix multiple sets together under 1 dat file to create a set that would allow romcenter to rename everything, and even with that there were still files that romcenter refused to see, so i manually patched them.

Been plugging at it since last Sunday and just finished Thursday night. Hopefully by sometime next week i'll have converted all the movies to XMV and ftp them on over and finally enjoy the fruits of my last week of laptop labor pop.gif

A truly daunting task though.

Edited by BlueSlingShot, 15 November 2009 - 05:50 AM.

#1610 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Nov 14 2009, 09:28 PM) View Post

Yeah... with my dats, there shouldn't be any ", the"'s

Hope you figure it out. The dats should work, but now they're about a year or so old. Maybe they don't work with the newest roms.

yea i know you dont have any the's in your names. but the rom set does.

besides that the main point is romcenter says "unknown rom" for ALL roms with the Goodsnes romset. im using romcenter 3.40 (i also tried with 2.71 like in your pics in your romcenter instructions)

i put my old set of roms in (only 792 roms) and i can get like 390 or so to be green with your dats.

any help? sad.gif

#1611 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:34 AM

Yeah... my dats for NES aren't a ton of help because I tested a lot of those games before getting no-intro or good sets. Many of my roms in there are so old or unknown they're not even in the TOSEC set. I tried to be better about that with other systems, but I believe the SNES and Genesis romsets suffer from the same thing.

MM?'s set should get you there though. I'm not sure which set he used, but it should all be common roms. I know other people have gotten most of the set together with his stuff. The only thing that you won't be able to find is a lot of the translations/hacks since they've never been available on torrents and they had to be manually patched.

#1612 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

@dballs442

Try uncompressing your roms from the zip/rar/7zip packets. I have had roms for years and mixed other sets in as i went along, i put them all through romcenter with the resx dats and never had one fail !
If your sets unzip and have funny extensions ie- .md .smd etc just rename them .bin.

Edited by cbagy, 15 November 2009 - 01:19 PM.

#1613 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Nov 14 2009, 09:20 PM) View Post

Hey Bigby. You seem to keep up on the HS stuff a bit. Are you sure that what you sent me is all they've done? I'm very willing to take the 3 or 4 hours it takes per system to choose which images are better than my own images to make the best set possible. I've knocked out some of the biggest sets already for this.

There are cleaned up sets for atari 7800, turbo duo and turbo grfx Cd on their downloads section. Box art for any other systems are a work in process at the moment. You can get what they have cleaned up so far on their ftp server, but have to be a gold member to get access.

#1614 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Nov 10 2009, 06:42 PM) View Post

I'm actually done testing the 2600 stuff. Quite a while ago I purged out all the duplicates and made note of the alternate names of games. I just need to get those alternate names into the synopsis. As far as I know the roms I'm using are "good", as in, they all work and they are the official name of the game and not some knock-off.
So the set you have available "~Rx Datfiles[FINAL] [Torrent-Zipped!] (06-30-09)" is the one you are referring to? Is that your final answer!?

Alright everyone we need to make a list of emulators that we want the "skip game configuration" screen option for....

#1615 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(cbagy @ Nov 15 2009, 05:18 AM) View Post

@dballs442

Try uncompressing your roms from the zip/rar/7zip packets. I have had roms for years and mixed other sets in as i went along, i put them all through romcenter with the resx dats and never had one fail !
If your sets unzip and have funny extensions ie- .md .smd etc just rename them .bin.

thanks cbagy uncompressing them seemed to work. i thought i tried this but maybe with the wrong dat file loaded or something. i was trying every combo i could think of. must have missed this certain one by mistake.

#1616 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(madmab @ Nov 15 2009, 10:49 AM) View Post
Alright everyone we need to make a list of emulators that we want the "skip game configuration" screen option for....

Madmab:
I say all of them.... especially NES.
Could you also make the 8 scaline limit off a default on madmabenX - nes? ( biggrin.gif )
I don't see any performance issues and on the nes, the scaline thing is an issue with almost every game...things are always appearing and reappearing... (it was like that on the original system)

To people with dat issues:
My dats should get you virtually all the way with the main roms, using the latest Goodsets

Rx:
I'll get the HQ Genesis pack to you soon.

#1617 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(Mega Man (?) @ Nov 15 2009, 03:07 PM) View Post

Madmab:
I say all of them.... especially NES.
Could you also make the 8 scaline limit off a default on madmabenX - nes? ( biggrin.gif )
I don't see any performance issues and on the nes, the scaline thing is an issue with almost every game...things are always appearing and reappearing... (it was like that on the original system)

To people with dat issues:
My dats should get you virtually all the way with the main roms, using the latest Goodsets

Rx:
I'll get the HQ Genesis pack to you soon.
All of them just won't work. Especially on computer emulators like Winuaex.. laugh.gif

I'm confused... are you talking about "Impose 8 sprites per line limit" or the "Clip Sides" option?

Only options I see referring to scanline limits is starting and ending scanline..

#1618 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

In order to make the screen render properly starting scanline should be 0 and ending scanline should be the maximum value. These should be the defaults I think.

#1619 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(madmab @ Nov 15 2009, 11:49 AM) View Post

So the set you have available "~Rx Datfiles[FINAL] [Torrent-Zipped!] (06-30-09)" is the one you are referring to? Is that your final answer!?

Nope.... things have changed pretty drastically with the roms since then I imagine. (Can't remember when the "final" was put on.... before or after. "Final" on that front page obvioulsly means nothing now).

It's just that theres not much more to do now except I'm going through and touching up boxart and the synopsis and the like.

#1620 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:53 AM

Could you send me your latest .dat file for the 2600? Or would it just be easier to send me something else? wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users