ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

Cool bro... I'm looking forward to your new features.

I think it would be cool to release full versions of some of the systems like Atari 7800 and LYNX which are already 99% done with probably no more additions to be done now.

I might even put one or two out far before the intended March release date.

I feel your pain. I don't think I'll get Kidney Stones myself. Serosis is more likely.... cool.gif

~Rx

#1712 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

Yeah really the only thing I'd like to maybe add to A7800x is lightgun support. But I'm not sure if Mess can handle that kinda of setup. Besides I really don't have anything set-up for lightgun testing. Nearest tube is in a room upstairs.

#1713 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

I've just touched up all the Atari 2600 boxes by hand that still needed it. I think you guys are going to be amazed at how good this set looks. No more torn and beat up boxes or stickers.

#1714 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

I'm now making videos for the 2600 using a screen capturing program. They're not the highest quality videos in the world, but they'll fill the set out until somebody comes along and improves upon it. All of the US licensed ones are done now.

#1715 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

I still have a fair amount of 2600 videos that I've been meaning to send your way, just been a little bit busy with other things... FYI..

#1716 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

Damn... bet that was just a ton of double work....

Any time you can get to that it would be appreciated so I know where we're at.

#1717 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

Doi... blink.gif It may not be an issue the ones I thought I had were conversions from emumovies. Unless I still have them sitting on my ipod or something...

#1718 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:23 AM

Let me know if you find them. I've done about 150 videos or so today. I plan on getting the last 51 vids for the 2600 done by tomorrow, but I'll replace mine with what you have since I'm sure you did them better.

They don't look bad at all though, really.

Almost got one more system down... cool.gif

Do me a favor Madmab and give the 2600 spreadsheet the last once-over and let me know if I'm missing any prototype/homebrew goodies. I just added the two boxing games (Angry VG Nerd and the other one). I think that was all I was missing that was worth getting.

Thanks,
~Rx

#1719 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

Alright..... 2600 is done man!

I touched up all boxarts that still needed it and completed the 220 or so videos that still needed to be done. Unless there are still some adds that I missed, it's another complete system now. 220 videos in less than a day and a half.

I also added KO Cruiser and Angry Video Game Nerd KO Boxing which are some of the most impressive homebrews I've ever seen.

Of course, the synopsis is complete too.

Later,
~Rx

#1720 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:21 AM

A-B of the US/Europe GBA synopsis done.

Only about 830 more entries to go.....

I'm just going to go ahead and get this done since it's still my largest hurdle to overcome.

There's still plenty of work to do collecting cool videos off of youtube and editing game FAQs to work within the revamped text browser.

~Rx

EDIT: Think I'm finally through for the day, but I got nearly 300 of them done and I'm about half way through "F" for the US/European GBA roms.

EDIT 2: Okay.... couldn't sleep. I've gotten through I done, so that's almost half of the US/Europe games in less than a day smile.gif

EDIT 3: Oh yeah.... the GBA synopsis is 1,522kb so far. Not bad considering I used short reviews from only Moby Games and GameFaqs for all the non-hacks,translations...

408 GBA synopsis' down, 496 to go....

Show me them videos people... Gonna have this one ready for release in March too. Maybe even sooner if we get the vid help.

Edited by ressurectionx, 06 December 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#1721 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

I threw together a small list of homebrew I didn't see in your list. But to be honest homebrew and hacks are really hard to keep up with on the 2600. Makes keeping up with 7800 homebrew/hacks a piece of cake. laugh.gif

The main thing I noticed about the 2600 set you sent me is several games were replaced with their PAL counterpart which not only made alot of games use those ugly PAL colors but also changed the manufacturer to be incorrect. The two biggest victims were Activision and Atari games which were pirated big time by CCE. Most of the box and cart art were fine. Although that is a little subjective. But basically for Atari games the best thing to do is go with the box and picture art with graphics on them instead of text. Only exception that I would personally consider is maybe using the text cart/black boxes for the first batch of Atari games to reflect there significance, age.

I guess I should have sent you the corrected versions of the ROMS so that the videos would look ok. If you don't mind sending all the 2600 stuff (except the ROMS) you did my way I can go thru it. Although it might be a little while since I need to push thru those code changes I have piling up. laugh.gif

#1722 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

Probably an easier way would be to just make a list of games I messed up if you know which ones by looking at them. Everything I sent you a short while ago (assuming that I did send you that stuff about a month ago) is up to date. The categories may be a bit different now, and I may have upgraded the boxart to better quality or fixed them by hand, but I didn't change any roms.

I really hope there are only a few though. I really went through that system with a fine tooth comb and it sucks to hear that you found any like that.

EDIT: Oh, BTW... I'm through the letter "L" for GBA. That's nearly half of the roms for that system total.

EDIT2: Done through "O". Only less than 400 left to go for US/EU GBA synopsis stuff.

EDIT3: Partway done with "S". Only about 250 more to go!

Edited by ressurectionx, 07 December 2009 - 06:57 AM.

#1723 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:03 AM

GBA licensed US & EU synopsis complete!

#1724 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Dec 6 2009, 11:19 AM) View Post

Probably an easier way would be to just make a list of games I messed up if you know which ones by looking at them. Everything I sent you a short while ago (assuming that I did send you that stuff about a month ago) is up to date. The categories may be a bit different now, and I may have upgraded the boxart to better quality or fixed them by hand, but I didn't change any roms.

I really hope there are only a few though. I really went through that system with a fine tooth comb and it sucks to hear that you found any like that.
EDIT: Oh, BTW... I'm through the letter "L" for GBA. That's nearly half of the roms for that system total.
EDIT2: Done through "O". Only less than 400 left to go for US/EU GBA synopsis stuff.
EDIT3: Partway done with "S". Only about 250 more to go!
Well I kinda got tired of going thru them and simply replaced all the ROMS with my sets. So in my case the only thing off was the screenshot. I was just gonna ask you to send the box/cart arts and the manuals, and now movies, and just go thru them and redo any screenshots myself. I could redo any movies that need done as well. And then send them back to you along with the ROM set .dat ( wink.gif ).

On another note I've been having a discussion with cbagy in regards to the volume controls I've added into the emulators.. And I was thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to put them in a seperate pop-up window while the user is in the in-game screen. Right now it works like this.

Pressing up/down on the right analog stick changes the SFX volume.

Pressing up/down on the left analog stick changes the CD digital audio volume for Genesis CD games.

On emulators that support MP3 CDDA (Mednafen-PCE) pressing left/right on the
left analog stick changes the volume for MP3 CDDA. Only useful for TG16 CD rips that use MP3's.

I could change this so that if the user presses some other button that it brings up a menu for setting the audio options. X, Y, white, black, start and back are available. Although I may have to reserve "start" for a context sensitive "help" menu if I ever got around to that. laugh.gif

One other thing I was gonna do is in the "in game" options menu if the user presses the right analog stick button it would bring up the synopsis of the game they are currently playing.

So what do you all think?

Edited by madmab, 07 December 2009 - 12:48 PM.

#1725 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:19 PM

I think the volume control on my TV works just fine. Those volume keys are the first things I unmap on every XPort emulator. Seriously I've never heard anyone complain that the SFX in a game are too much louder or quieter than the music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users