ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:23 AM

I'm not talking about the "usual place" downloads. I don't give a crap about what happens there. That's nothing but a huge pain in the arse.

I see your point for that though. No sense in uploading any more than is absolutely necessary to that spot.

#1907 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 11 2010, 06:23 AM) View Post

I'm not talking about the "usual place" downloads. I don't give a crap about what happens there. That's nothing but a huge pain in the arse.

I see your point for that though. No sense in uploading any more than is absolutely necessary to that spot.

are you saying you're for or against "The Usual Spot"?

I am for it, for the simple fact that once you load stuff there it stays there. The PS2 scene is so hard to get into because all the files were Web based and since that scene was active 90% of the sites have vanished along with all the files..

#1908 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:42 AM

I can see the thinking on a centralised reference point for users though. This would be handy as threads get pushed further down and off the main pages really quickly. Didn't a user mention collecting all the stuff a week or so back ?

#1909 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE(cbagy @ Jan 11 2010, 06:42 AM) View Post

I can see the thinking on a centralised reference point for users though. This would be handy as threads get pushed further down and off the main pages really quickly. Didn't a user mention collecting all the stuff a week or so back ?

Yeah.. But it needs to be reference to places that wont be accessible in 2 years or something. I noticed with a lot of these upload sites either the site dies, or the link dies after so long.

on another note,

Are there any systems you still need Box Art or Cart shots for? If so which ones?

Also is there any place in the Xtras for PDF Magazines relating to that particular system. Can the Xport Emulators view PDF?

Edited by Pulsemasta, 11 January 2010 - 07:14 AM.

#1910 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

The usual place is nice because usually you can get stuff there and it's been around for years.

I just can't stand mIRC or the entire process of getting a password every single time I go there and the hassle. Ever since I got that virus about 4 months back I'm not even set up to get on it anymore and I'm just hoping that nobody ever uploads anything there that I can't get somebody else to hook me up with in an easier way.

Personally, I can't stand the place, but I do appreciate that it is there as a fail-safe.

#1911 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:15 AM

ressurectionx, I edited my post up there right when you posted... I asked another question ^^^ check it out :-)

#1912 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:22 AM

It cannot view PDF. Nobody has even ported the ability to view PDF to the XBox period as far as I'm aware of.

For manuals and strategy guides, I've been using a PDF ripper that converts them to JPG files. It's a very time consuming process.

#1913 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

so do you already have all box art and carts for the systems you are working on right now?

#1914 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:34 AM

I have all the boxarts (and use Gilles' Generic Boxart to fill in any gaps), so there is box representation for every game in the "finished" sets currently.

Cart art is a bit spotty. I didn't break my neck to collect them, but there is quite a few of them. NES would probably be the most complete cart set, especially now since dnyce sent me hundreds of foreign carts I didn't have before.

#1915 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:45 AM

Well. I can help with Box and Cart scans if you want?? I have collected quite a a lot of useless game related stuff over the years and Manuals/Box/Cart scans are 1 of them...

just let me know.

#1916 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:38 AM

So this is what I have on my HD as far as carts go,

Atari 2600 - 436 Cart Scans
Turbo Grafix-16- 308 Cart Scans
SNES - 160 Cart Scans
NES - 797 Cart Scans
Genesis/32X - 1006 Cart scans

I have some more on my other HD but its still packed from my move... I know I have upwards to 1700 PS1 Cover Scans, Odyssey2 Box and Cart scans, Collecovison Box and Carts, N64 Cart scans, Atari 7200 and 5200 cart scans, Intellevision Boxart and cart scans, GBA Box art..

probably some more I forgot....

#1917 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

I don't need any boxes, but if you wanted to pack up whatever cart stuff you have I'll see what we need and add it.

The only thing is I'm not doing any touching up on the cart stuff. I'm just adding what is missing and replacing images I have with better ones if you have them. Since the cart stuff is pretty spotty all across the board I figured I'd keep what I already collected, but I have no plans on even displaying them on my own personal setup.

Send them along and I'll get them in there.

Thanks,
~Rx

P.S. The only boxart I'm waiting on is the Genesis stuff a few guys are doing at HyperSpin. Unfortunately, the only way to get their stuff is to have a gold membership so you can grab it off the FTP. I've tried asking nicely for a megaupload link, but I don't want to push them. They seem to want to hold onto it until it's finished (and it is very close to being done). According to them, if somebody had a gold membership we could get what they've done already off the FTP and we could seriously upgrade the Genesis pack.

#1918 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 11 2010, 09:45 AM) View Post

I don't need any boxes, but if you wanted to pack up whatever cart stuff you have I'll see what we need and add it.

The only thing is I'm not doing any touching up on the cart stuff. I'm just adding what is missing and replacing images I have with better ones if you have them. Since the cart stuff is pretty spotty all across the board I figured I'd keep what I already collected, but I have no plans on even displaying them on my own personal setup.

Send them along and I'll get them in there.

Thanks,
~Rx
P.S. The only boxart I'm waiting on is the Genesis stuff a few guys are doing at HyperSpin. Unfortunately, the only way to get their stuff is to have a gold membership so you can grab it off the FTP. I've tried asking nicely for a megaupload link, but I don't want to push them. They seem to want to hold onto it until it's finished (and it is very close to being done). According to them, if somebody had a gold membership we could get what they've done already off the FTP and we could seriously upgrade the Genesis pack.

Yo. Here is what I have now. I added my Genesis stuff in case your other source falls through.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UQBM9QMO

#1919 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:09 AM

I'll check out your Genesis stuff, but you probably don't have anything better than what I have there. I spent days searching out the best pics. These guys are actually grouping people together to scan the boxes HQ and then editing if it needs it. One guy is even buying games off of ebay to scan.

The carts probably have a bunch of what I need unless you have the same bulk sets I downloaded before.

Thanks,
~Rx

#1920 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Well, I hope there were a few Gems smile.gif