X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 19 2010, 03:29 PM) View Post

Well if you figure out the Genesis cart stuff, let me know. I don't put much priority on carts since they're often very hard to find other than the packs that are out there. I don't even use them on my setup because of that. Except for TG16, all of the cart packs you sent me were the exact same stuff I already had. cool.gif

3D boxes are still in their infancy. The Genesis boxart that dpar just sent me from hyperspin is amazing and almost complete. When they complete it, they plan on making 3D boxes of everything. We should probably just wait until later to get the sets for them.

Yeah, the second like I posted has every Genesis cart you could think of.... but not the NTSC style cart... only downside.

#2027 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

Would you mind collecting them for me and zipping them?

Don't worry about names. Just save them as is (if they're really generic names, try to name them a little bit to keep them in alphabetical order while I go through them. I'm going to be renaming them to 0004 for US carts and 0005 for Europe carts, so the names don't matter much except to make it easier on me to integrate them.

Thanks if ya do,
~Rx

#2028 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

[VGMAPS]
Finished for: GB/GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, N64, SMS, GENESIS, NEO-GEO, GAMEGEAR

Just rewrote the scraper to re-scrape all consoles again. Found a small error that made a very few of the images wrong. Very few, but easier to just re-scrape all =)

Stats so far:
- 1,27 GB (1 373 059 329 bytes)
- 10 316 maps for a total for ~600 games

I'll send you a PM with download link when I'm done ress.

[VGMUSIC]
Takes a bit more time then the VGMAPS. Not sure it's this is wanted, but I'm collecting them for my own collection. If anyone is interrested let me know and I'll notify when I'm done. This is MIDI files related to the games. As far as I can see there are ALOT.. So far scraped ~6700 and I'm only done with NES, N64 and halfway with SNES.

Related to music: I'll dig into some online mp3 archives aswell to see if there is anything game-related I can scrape there aswell.

[SPEEDRUNS]
Are speedrun video collections of any interrest? SPEEDRUNS.NET
I do believe I'll be able to scrape these aswell without any huge hassle.

After looking at speedruns.net I notice there aren't that many videos there.. But I believe there are more websites with stuff like this.

#2029 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

With how quick you're ripping stuff I wish you were around before man. I'm sure you could have helped out with a lot of the Xtras that were pulled by hand. Glad you're around now though. Keep up the kick ass work.

#2030 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 19 2010, 04:58 PM) View Post

With how quick you're ripping stuff I wish you were around before man. I'm sure you could have helped out with a lot of the Xtras that were pulled by hand. Glad you're around now though. Keep up the kick ass work.

I also wish I found this thread back in 2009 when I first toyed with the idea of creating a library of retro related items.. I'll update you when I have something worth while smile.gif

restarted scraping again. found quite some small bugs. found out it was not that easy to code through my iphone at work tongue.gif
IPB Image

Edited by wimpyRBX, 19 January 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#2031 FrankMorris

FrankMorris

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

VGMaps hell yeah!

Hey wimpyRBX if you're looking speedruns, check http://speeddemosarchive.com/ and for tool assisted movies
http://tasvideos.org/

#2032 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(FrankMorris @ Jan 19 2010, 07:51 PM) View Post

VGMaps hell yeah!

Hey wimpyRBX if you're looking speedruns, check http://speeddemosarchive.com/ and for tool assisted movies
http://tasvideos.org/

excellent! will take a look at it later tonight when the rescrape of vgmaps has completed 100% smile.gif

VGMaps are very very nice biggrin.gif

Blaster Master for NES:
IPB Image

#2033 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 19 2010, 03:58 PM) View Post

Would you mind collecting them for me and zipping them?

Don't worry about names. Just save them as is (if they're really generic names, try to name them a little bit to keep them in alphabetical order while I go through them. I'm going to be renaming them to 0004 for US carts and 0005 for Europe carts, so the names don't matter much except to make it easier on me to integrate them.

Thanks if ya do,
~Rx

Well, I would have to right click and save as for all of them, and there are hundreds, so if you aren't going to use them I wouldn't want to spend all that time getting them. Because you said you were waiting on another set right??

#2034 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

If you collect them, they will be put in the set for everyone to use, even if I personally don't use them.

I'm not waiting on any cart set. I was waiting on boxart from hyperspin and I got that. If nobody collects the carts for Genesis, or puts the labels we have on a generic cart, than the cart pack for the Xtras release will just be the labels.

EDIT: You're talking to a guy who's right clicked and saved over 4,000 images if I was being very conservative about how many I've done. I knew what it entailed when I asked you.

Edited by ressurectionx, 19 January 2010 - 11:16 PM.

#2035 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

If anyone has a website with images give me the url and I'll see if I can write a script to scrape them instead of doing all this manual work.

EDIT:
http://ninjabearhug.webs.com/games.htm
http://www.segagagad...megadrive-a.htm
I'll try to scrape these tomorrow if needed. The PAL version atleast..

EDIT2:
Do we really need foreign (jap etc) graphic?

Any other sites let me know.

Edited by wimpyRBX, 20 January 2010 - 12:25 AM.

#2036 ninjagaidenfreak

ninjagaidenfreak

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:30 AM

To download the images on though sites you could just use a site downloader and set it to only download image files might save you some coding time.

http://www.httrack.com/ is a good one.

does not work on some sites however.

#2037 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(ninjagaidenfreak @ Jan 20 2010, 12:30 AM) View Post

To download the images on though sites you could just use a site downloader and set it to only download image files might save you some coding time.

http://www.httrack.com/ is a good one.

does not work on some sites however.

That or write a quick scraper to do the job to ensure it works on all sites smile.gif

[VGMAPS]
FINISHED:
* gamegear: 135 files & 12 folders (2.5mb)
* n64: 112 files & 9 folders (267mb)
* neo-geo: 245 files & 30 folders (15mb)
* nes: 2474 files & 191 folders (118mb)
* snes: 2803 files & 125 folders (440mb)
* sms: 858 files & 54 folders (27mb)
* genesis: 764 files & 62 folders (115mb)
* gb/gbc: 1303 files & 75 folders (72mb)
* gba: 1655 files & 51 folders (311mb)

total files (maps): 10349
total games: 609
totalsize: ~1370mb

Question:
Should I gather the consoles that have a very limited set of maps aswell ? For example Atari 2600/7200 have a _very_ few gamemaps. I included N64 even though it only have maps for 9 games since it's Nintendo.. =)

RESS: Check your PM in a few minutes for a download link.

#2038 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:41 AM

All this new stuff is great. I want to get it all in there.

I've just got a whole ton of new work for myself doing this. Feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment.

Please do me a favor everybody that's contributing. If you haven't already, make sure that the stuff is as organized and easy to work with as possible. If file names are non descriptive, please make them so, so that I can easily get them in the right place with the right name. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but the more work you guys do the less I have to on it and I've just got a ton of stuff to get done by my due date.

I'm going to put that artwork pack I promised together in the next day. It's my first trial run, and it's on a huge system. I'm going to first make a set that is at the optimal ratio and then convert them to the Enhanced Artwork state.

The pack will include the following:

Screenshots pack
Enhanced Artwork pack *
Datfiles
.CUT files

*If the SNES is released over the Genesis, it's very easy to point the ZSNESXBox to the Enhanced Artwork directories and have boxart for both systems.

The .CUT files will only work if you have your roms in the exact place that I do. I think this will be a good incentive for people to start putting things in the directories I've laid out. Several things like .CUT files and Favorites lists will be dependent on everyone having the stuff in the same place. If we ever get multiple favorites working this will be essential to take advantage of lists that will include Top-Lists from internet sites and magazines. Just load the right favorites list and you could be looking at the top 50 NES games of all time in numerical order.

Exciting, huh?

#2039 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

If its gonna be a rushed job or you got too much on your plate atm you should take your time and make it a one complete upload that way in the end we wont have to download twice..people should understand the amount of work you guys are doing and could wait just a little longer, anyhow I love the VGMAPS idea who ever thought of that +1 that should be included in the future for sure.

as someone always says on this site ughh measure once cut twice then tape the mistake or something like that blink.gif ..

#2040 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:31 AM

If anyone has a website with images give me the url and I'll see if I can write a script to scrape them instead of doing all this manual work.

I don't really care about the japan stuff. I'll put megadrive stuff in there, but I'd rather have the US stuff if it's available.

What we really need is somebody to use a blank cart and affix the labels on them. I don't know if we'll have any takers for that though.

Here's a website that Carnage by Bob sent my way....

http://ka.paletteswa...enesisscans.htm

EDIT:

Hey guys... if you post pics here, make sure to scale them down. I have to scroll back and forth like 3 pages now when I'm reading this thread because of the image a few posts up.

Edited by ressurectionx, 20 January 2010 - 05:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users