Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hey, here are some of my 3D box art sets... I also have NES, Master System and Game Gear but I was all uploaded out for a second after all these, mu upload speed is about 35kbps haha

------------------
3D SNES Boxes
------------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVYC7WPK

------------------------------
3D Turbo Grafix-16 Boxes
------------------------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JSG4LLKA

-----------------------
3D Sega 32X Boxes
-----------------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NBM43PLK

----------------------
3D Sega CD Boxes
----------------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2OZVKA43

-----------------------------
3D Sega SG-1000 Boxes
-----------------------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V12XS2QS

-----------------
3D N64 Boxes
-----------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JTFX0DPM

------------------------
3D Atari Lynx Boxes
------------------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9KJNIEY0

------------------------
3D Atari 5200 Boxes
------------------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F8065KIV

-------------------------------------
3D Neo Geo Pocket Color Boxes
-------------------------------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXIKOPM9

#2057 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

This is a good idea, see you there! smile.gif

I meant the IRC, but good job Pulsemata.

A quick way to join:

http://mibbit.com/chat/

Edited by bigby, 20 January 2010 - 08:54 PM.

#2058 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(bigby @ Jan 20 2010, 01:05 PM) View Post

This is a good idea, see you there! smile.gif

I meant the IRC, but good job Pulsemata.

A quick way to join:

http://mibbit.com/chat/

Does this mean I can join the channel whenever I want without using mIRC? I hate using IRC programs. ph34r.gif

Hey pulse, you mind combining all those 3D artwork zips into one big zipfile and sending it?

#2059 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

That's right, Rx. Everything is done within the web browser.

#2060 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 20 2010, 09:38 PM) View Post

Does this mean I can join the channel whenever I want without using mIRC? I hate using IRC programs. ph34r.gif
Hey pulse, you mind combining all those 3D artwork zips into one big zipfile and sending it?

I can not, I tried that at first and twice my browser crashed around 300MB, that's why I broke it up.... I'm going to have to break the NES set up into 2 files too I think. I have garbage internet connection, and a garbage PC... not a good combo.

Also.... those sets are pretty much complete in most cases, if your counting US releases. Although there are no hacks or anything like that.

#2061 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(bigby @ Jan 20 2010, 02:56 PM) View Post

That's right, Rx. Everything is done within the web browser.

I assume that we are a bit more free with what we discuss on the IRC channel than the limits imposed here?

That's cool pulse... just thought I could avoid 15 downloads cool.gif

#2062 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 20 2010, 10:07 PM) View Post

I assume that we are a bit more free with what we discuss on the IRC channel than the limits imposed here?
That's cool pulse... just thought I could avoid 15 downloads cool.gif

Sorry unsure.gif

But the bright side is.... 15 downloads is way cooler than 15 uploads laugh.gif
I don't know why I have 400kBps download, then get shafted with 25-40Kbps (it's moody) upload

#2063 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 20 2010, 10:07 PM) View Post

i was thinking it was a nice way to chat more indepth about stuff instead of sending lots of pm's and waiting for answers in threads smile.gif we're already doing some progress :>

#2064 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(waal @ Jan 20 2010, 07:19 AM) View Post

Here's a list of 900+ playable games I tested a year ago. Got the settings, too. But I forgot to backup the roms before throwing my old xbox to the junk...

CODE
    X68000X

.... very long list..

Hey Waal. Don't loose hope just yet. I'll see if I can help you with the X68000. Right after I do the Winuaex, Vice64, BlissX and other programming stuff..... laugh.gif Been a bit busy lately. laugh.gif

#2065 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:39 AM

waal, what artwork do you have for the amiga?

I'd like to help, if you need it.

I have about 900+ of boxart, 1700+ of titles and 1300+ of ingame shots.

Oh, and 700+ of adverts (flyers) from lemon amiga

Edited by bigby, 21 January 2010 - 02:23 AM.

#2066 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:25 AM

madmab, how are the whdload games being run in winuaex now?

Are you still using the whz (I think) file extension or has waal moved to using hdf?

Edited by bigby, 21 January 2010 - 02:25 AM.

#2067 waal

waal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Jan 21 2010, 01:32 AM) View Post

Hey Waal. Don't loose hope just yet. I'll see if I can help you with the X68000. Right after I do the Winuaex, Vice64, BlissX and other programming stuff..... laugh.gif Been a bit busy lately. laugh.gif

Hi Madmab. Thanks for your support. Don't worry, I just feel a bit depressed because of all these hardawre failure (xbox & pc) and some personal matters. Including frustrating job & interviews at the moment. But I'm not giving up. I think tomorrow I will buy one of these Lego basic boxes for a try. Then I'll start to regain confidence. biggrin.gif

I still have some X68K romsets on my HD, it's just I have to sort them and rename again.

And I know you're busy, too. All those emus, xtras, skins etc. are really exciting and makes me happy at the moment.

QUOTE(bigby @ Jan 21 2010, 01:39 AM) View Post

waal, what artwork do you have for the amiga?

I'd like to help, if you need it.

I have about 900+ of boxart, 1700+ of titles and 1300+ of ingame shots.

Oh, and 700+ of adverts (flyers) from lemon amiga

Nice to offer some help, Bigby. I appreciate very much. I have many pics, too. Gimme a few days to reorganize and I'll be back to you (with De La Soul for the background music).

QUOTE(bigby @ Jan 21 2010, 02:25 AM) View Post

madmab, how are the whdload games being run in winuaex now?

Are you still using the whz (I think) file extension or has waal moved to using hdf?

I was about to test a collection xbox side before the crash. 937 zipped HDF games and I know the first 50 work good. A few have issues but it's amiga side, nothing bad really. But there's no problemo, I made a backup just before the death of my beloved console. And I still have an updated version of the compatibility list to upload.

Madmab will tell about the latest evolutions of his lovely Winuaex edition.

Edited by waal, 21 January 2010 - 03:15 AM.

#2068 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(waal @ Jan 20 2010, 06:19 AM) View Post

Here's a list of 900+ playable games I tested a year ago. Got the settings, too. But I forgot to backup the roms before throwing my old xbox to the junk...

By playable, you don't necessecerrily mean "In English", right? Seems like way too many games for that. I was only able to come up with 150 games that were any good and I only had about 2,200 disks left to go through from the TOSEC set (Which I'm guessing was only like 800 more games max).

I found a large majority of the games unplayable or unenjoyable since they weren't readable. Pretty much why I gave up since only about 20% of the games that were playable weren't already emulated better on the Arcade emulators where you don't have to change disks all the time (and guess which disk you have to change since that message is never in English).

Sorry I can't do it man, but the more I tinkered with X68 the more I hated the system. I did give it about 2 days of labor though, so I tried.

The roms I did do are very well organized though. One zip for each game and the disks are labeled internally with the game name followed by [1], [2] or [A], [B], or [System], [User]. I'm sure the work I did could save somebody time if ever they were interested. Also my spreadsheet is pretty thorough for what I did cover before quitting.

Edited by ressurectionx, 21 January 2010 - 04:40 AM.

#2069 waal

waal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:10 AM

Many games are japanese but playable because they're arcade. I started like you with that 2200 disks collection. I first eliminated the multiple disks japanese games (a nightmare). But looking at my list again, I see duplicates and a few remaining adventure-otaku games. And now I remember I used to delete the crappy games without deleting the saves. I think I was around 500 when I gave up a year ago. And I kept the good arcade conversions. Just to compare with 16-bit machines of the time, not the arcade itself of course. I could still substract the bad games from the list because I still have the GARBAGE folder. But nevermind. I don't think it's a priority. I nearly have the same opinion as you regarding this bizarro computer. Even if some games are real rare gems.

Regarding disks, it's a bit like amiga (X68K is worse in fact). But I use to collect disks mainly for historical reasons and a few technical like save states. The hard drive versions will suit better. Especially for newcommers and we're lucky to have them working so early. Sadly X68K only have a few HD games, another reason why I quit. Note I've got hard drive solutions for the Atari ST too.

Can't keep focused anymore. Off to bed, it's 5:30...

Good night.

Edited by waal, 21 January 2010 - 05:25 AM.

#2070 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:33 AM

There's no denying that for its time it was an amazing piece of hardware. The only thing we ever had in the states like that was the NeoGeo, but that was quite a few years later and there was no way my old man was going to shell out 600 bones for it. Hell... It played better games than what most of the PC games at the time were. The ports of arcade games that were even out at that time were flawless.

But today.... well..... we just really don't need it.

I just can't bring myself to work on the system, and in the 48 hours I was working on it I see-sawed back and forth many times about quitting it or pushing on. In the end, I had already accumulated 150 games and I started thinking about what a bitch it would be for me to try to get the videos, artwork and synopsis done for it by my self imposed deadline. When I thought that 80% of what I was keeping was emulated better elsewhere on the Box and about another 80 of the entire rom collections I've gone through were just deleted because they were unplayable I had to cut it.

You seriously must be MUCH more forgiving for Japanese text than I am. There is no way I could ever come anywhere near even 500 games for the system. I've already gone through 3 different sets before I grabbed (and shortly thereafter deleted) all of the TOSEC roms that I hadn't already covered in my spreadsheet. I think if I was being very generous testing the rest of the roms, I may have had a final collection of 200-250 roms total. (80% of those being games that were emulated better in CoinOPS/FBL)

When you see my other sets, you'll see that I actually include a ton of Japanese stuff. Probably much more than is warranted.

Oh no! You're going to miss that 2 line END GAME lame ass congratulations speach. That's right bitch.... The Princess is in another castle... whatcha gon' do 'bout it ma'phucka? (The actual translation of the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros before the FCC got to it....)

I really just axed the RPGs that were totally unplayable in Japanese (and a ton of those have already been translated and ARE included). This is usually on the earlier systems like the NES though where the text just didn't matter much in a platformer anyways, but it's also on the SNES, Genesis, Gameboys, and even the Game Gear (they just translated the last untranslated Lunar game on the Game Gear a few months ago)

Like I'd do with any emulator, I'll be happy to integrate any completed work people do for this system after I'm done with my work. I'm not going to just disappear in March, but I probably (hopefully) won't be posting here 10 times a day and working 10 plus hours a day on the project. I gotta move on, but I plan to be around to give suggestions and ideas to the new batch of ambitious OCDers like myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users