#2101 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Jan 22 2010, 07:13 AM) View Post

FYI for CD based systems (like PSX, Sega CD, and TG16 CD) the synopsis code will look for the closest name match. So I would suggest the game name and then the SLUS id for maximizing the chances that the user will get a hit..

For example

Grand Theft Auto SLUS_9999

In the synopsis would get a match on a .cue, directory, or .bin name of...

Grand Theft
SLUS_9999
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto SLUS_9999

Well I think you get the idea.

mobygames example

i can grab these SLPS-02430's if that's what you mean? some have several tho.

#2102 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

SONOFABITCH

I just got another killer trojan on my computer. It's been acting funny all day.

I think it's because I didn't update to the newest Java before using the .CUT file creator and the image converter.

Well.... I probably won't lose any work, but I'm going to have to rebuild my PC again and then find out how many programs are ruined.

Shit shit shit shit

#2103 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 22 2010, 12:35 PM) View Post

SONOFABITCH

I just got another killer trojan on my computer. It's been acting funny all day.

I think it's because I didn't update to the newest Java before using the .CUT file creator and the image converter.
Well.... I probably won't lose any work, but I'm going to have to rebuild my PC again and then find out how many programs are ruined.

Shit shit shit shit

fingers crossed. you had some backups i hope:)

#2104 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

I feel for ya. One of my machines got hit last week. I've actually got pretty good at irradicating these suckers. This new one was even more clever than the usual suspects.. It still doesn't beat the monster I got last year.

Anyways the key, if you know what your doing is to have a PCEboot disc so you can edit the registry and delete the proper files without the virus interfering.

Nonetheless I managed to recover. The thing screwed up my remove desktop functionality and that took a while to get back going. laugh.gif So now I have that pc the same way my other one is to help reduce the odds of contracting a virus.

#2105 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

I got this Virus the other day that kept telling me I had a virus and that I needed to download and pay for this anti virus program, it wouldnt let me ctl, alt, delete or open msconfig or anything.... I ended up booting in safemode and found out where it was located, then I deleted enough of it to run a scan of my computer to get the rest off...

#2106 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

Man.... my last one was mid-to-late September. That was the worst one I've ever seen and it reinstalled itself twice after reformatting the C drive. Somehow it kept reinstalling itself from the hidden folders on my D & F drives.

I'm really hoping that this one isn't as clever, but I see that it is rated a 5 on a scale of 0-5 for danger, so I'm not too hopeful.

Except for the PC emulators I was using to make videos as well as the Camcastia screen recorder, I have all of these programs backed up on a thumbdrive, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'll also have to re-download BombBloke's scripts, but both of them were new as of today so it's not like I've had them that long anyways.

The real bitch of it is that I have absolutely no clue what triggered this at all. It's really weird. When I would visit romcenter (once for an update, and a few times to get ideas about how to make proper datfiles), I got some nasty popup ads that would just not let me close the window. I was really getting pissed at the site for putting such obtrusive ads, but now I'm 99% it was the virus (don't know why it was only happening at romcenter though......????)

The only other thing I did differently in the last 24 hours was making .CUT files and using BB's image sorter. I have heard that you should always keep Java updated because it has some pretty easily exploitable windows for hackers to get through once it's out of date. I don't know if I had an auto-update turned on for it.

Other than that, I did not install anything new besides a few PC console emus, but that was over a week or two ago.

This one bothers me... just because I didn't install anything that created it. Somehow, somebody exploited my PC some other way.

I'll keep you up to date. I already backed up bookmarks and FlashFXP directories. I'm installing Windows now after a full format. When I get the mobo setup stuff and some firewall/antivirus stuff up I'm going to run the online kaspersky antivirus. It was the only antivirus I could find that was able to detect every single trace of the last virus (even in the system folders on my extra hard drives).

Then I'll install all the stuff from my thumbdrive and get what I need still online. I will not run a single executable that's on any of my drives as they're likely corrupted now. I just hope it didn't somehow infect the thumbdrive. It was connected to the PC at the time. It was last time and it was fine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Assholes...... The absolute antithesis of what we are and what we stand for.

They're hackers that are out to manipulate and destroy all in the name of greed and the almighty dollar.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

#2107 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, I have never gotten any viruses like that *knock on wood..

Usually all the viruses I get are just an inconvenience more than anything, they never reformat drives... that would suck as I have nothing backed up :-/

#2108 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

what about covers, synopsis's etc?
hooe this doesn't put the project behind on time, even more i hope it doesn't make you loose hope. i so hate virused etc.. :-/

#2109 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

that would of been devastating if you got a virus and it wiped your drive clean... hope you have back ups and what not :-P

#2110 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Nah... I ain't worried. I'm a virus vet. cool.gif

This is probably my 30th reinstall over the years.

Unless this is some new super virus I've never heard about before, the only thing I lost were any executable files I'd downloaded since my last backup of programs I regularly use (which, unfortunately, was in early October).

It's just annoying. It's mostly the emulators and the screen catpure software I'd used to make videos for the earlier systems. It's also any scripts that I was using. I'm 99% that the Xtras are completely safe and sound.

I just can't run any unguarded execuatble files until I virus check everyting with Kaspersky and a few other programs. It sets me back at least a day there, plus if I need to make videos again and I need to find stuff again to do it. That is, if it doesn't get re-infected, which September proved to me is a possibility if I'm not careful. Easy going is the way until I'm sure that I'm completely safe.

It'll be cool.

~Rx

PS.... If it did wipe my drive clean, all it's got is the PSX games and the stuff you guys have gotten to me that haven't been integrated yet. I've got several XBoxes with a majority of the other stuff on them. Much of it is way more up to date than any of my links online.

Edited by ressurectionx, 22 January 2010 - 03:56 PM.

#2111 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

glad to hear it! smile.gif
best wishes on the computer fixing mate! i'll start on the new PSX scraping today with playerinfo then smile.gif

#2112 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

Load from a live linux cd it has support for ntsf and you can see all your data. It will automount your flashdrive and put it on your desktop for easy access. Your internal hdds will be right there on the menu if you have them installed on your computer. If the virus is there it will be dead trying to communicate with the linux operating system. They will not speak the same language. Ubuntu is free and has this capability just download and burn to disk. It will have the option of installing to your computer or running as a live cd. You will only need to run as a live cd to go check on or backup any files. The virus wont be able to spread in the linux environment. You can also find ubuntu builds that run straight off a flash drive as a full blown operating system. This is a useful tool to keep around in your tool box.

#2113 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

Yeah.... could you send me a Ubuntu setup to put on one of my flash drives? I've tried to setup a flash drive for it but I coudn't figure it out.

I'm sure my other drives are fine. I only formatted my 80 GB C drive. I've got a few terrabytes that are mirrored on other drives that I didn't touch. The only threat they pose is trying to do a system restore from the D F or G drives. I think I've taken care of that now and I'll virus scan the hell out of everything now.

#2114 waal

waal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(bigby @ Jan 22 2010, 03:18 AM) View Post

Think we have the same screenshots, waal. Mine are mainly from gamebase amiga and lemon amiga too. smile.gif

I generated those txt files you mentioned anyway (useful app by the way).

Amiga screenshots lists

Also, over at the emumovies forums there are discussions on making Amiga videos. I have an FTP account with them, so I can grab what they have done so far.

Thanks for the file Bigby. Will check it soon. Carnage by Bob has sent a collection, too. I'll be back to you when I'm done fixing that xbox.

edit.

Aw. Good luck Rx. I hope this will not be too difficult.

Edited by waal, 22 January 2010 - 05:40 PM.

#2115 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

waal, i havn't forgotten about the amiga synopsis.. i'm currently updating my mobygames ripper to include option to save all covers, screenshots and some more information aswell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users