X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:07 AM

The upload is done buddy.

Might I STRONGLY suggest to anyone who will be getting any of the stuff that I put up in this forum that they get the megaupload manager. I thought you needed an account for it, but you don't. Just download it and install and you shouldn't have any more download/upload problems.

Of course, I've only tested it with one upload, but after having it fail 1,000 times on me with 4 different hosting sites today, I'm taking that as rock solid proof that it works.

Here ya go everyone. Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YTXIOZYC

Be sure to thank Gilles for the Generic Boxarts and BombBloke for the scripts.

P.S. BombBloke. My t0rrented uploads would be much larger than this upload. For SNES, it would likely be around 6GB. Would that still work well with a public tracker?

#2162 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:34 AM

I'm going to start putting together commercial packs for the major systems. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

#2163 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

That pack looked awezome smile.gif

#2164 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:48 PM

I know dude, right?

Check out the teaser thread for the link to convert the packs for use with ZSNESXBox. I forgot to add that script and instructions for doing that.

#2165 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

Will check that out smile.gif
I do have some questions about the pack tho.

Can you explain what will be in these folders (and how far along it is to be complete)

MEDIA\SNES\ARTWORK (will this be covers etc in better resolution than in screenshots folder?)
MEDIA\SNES\COMMERCIALS (videos?)
MEDIA\SNES\GAME FAQS
MEDIA\SNES\MANUALS
MEDIA\SNES\MOVIES (will have both wmv or xmv?)
MEDIA\SNES\ROMS (will have all the roms that has cut files?)
MEDIA\SNES\SAVES (savegames i guess?)
MEDIA\SNES\STRATEGY GUIDES

And I guess

Would be swell to know the status of all these xtras even tho they are not included in the teaser preview smile.gif

BTW: I'm done with some more scraping and I'm uploading now. Will post when finished.
Playstation, amiga and atari-st (not even sure if they're needed or wanted, but since they complete i'll make them public). I know all mobygames boxart have watermarks, but it can be a nice collection to edit out watermarks and fill whatever we don't find elsewhere.

#2166 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

Artwork will be the same resolution. They're converted to a ZSNESXBox style folder setup. Makes for much faster FTP transfer, and takes advantage of some of the new features madmab will be releasing that won't work with the old screenshots pack (I do my work in the screenshots packs and convert to Artwork since it's easier to edit in the old screenshots IMHO)

EDIT: I only included screenshots this time around because the Enhanced Artwork is not usable in the latest SNES at the usual spot. Only beta testers can use them now.

Commercials will be videos of commercials for games and systems, relative to what system they're located in.

Movies are our game previews. When this is distributed somewhere else, it will just have the XMV files in there. I will make the WMV files available separately for anybody who wanted to port this to another system. These media folders will only have files that are to be transfered via FTP to the box, making the WMV files useless for that purpose. (Same thing with commercials, Angry Video Game Nerd reviews, etc.)

It would be nice to know the status of these things. Unfortunately, I don't have a team to go over exactly what's on my setup, so you'll know when I do.

Scrape the PSX screenshots (action,title) but don't sweat the boxes or CDs. I have about 700 cd images and I'm pretty sure I have all the covers in high resolution with no watermarks.

Edited by ressurectionx, 25 January 2010 - 01:16 PM.

#2167 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, hope to se a seperate release of all the WMV's.. Glad to see you will supply that smile.gif

Even though you can't know the exact diskspace and completeness of everything I put my faith in you having complete control over the situation! :>

About the PSX scrape. It's already finished and it includes covers anyways tongue.gif I'm not rescraping or reuploading without covers as that would be a pain in the ass.. just ignore them smile.gif

#2168 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Sounds good. I'm working on getting the right names on your VGMaps and getting some commercials done.

I'm going to need help with the commercials. I'm sure people can find stuff that I don't already have. When I get a grip on what I've got, I'll provide a spreadsheet and people can add games that they find.

Also, many of these commercials are in a few other formats like mpg and flv. I'm going to have to figure out how to convert them to the right format for our programs to work on them.

EDIT: Any way you can change the VGMaps scrapper to name the folders with spaces in between the words? That would eliminate about half of the folders that I have to rename by hand.

Do they still make a lot of maps there? These are really cool and look great in the emu.

Edited by ressurectionx, 25 January 2010 - 01:53 PM.

#2169 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 25 2010, 01:44 PM) View Post

EDIT: Any way you can change the VGMaps scrapper to name the folders with spaces in between the words? That would eliminate about half of the folders that I have to rename by hand.

Do they still make a lot of maps there? These are really cool and look great in the emu.

When it comes to foldernames i knew it might be a bad idea removing spaces(but made the coding a bit quicker hehe). I thought you'd already have folders for the games and just could copy/paste from my folders into your own. If it's much hassle I'll redo the scraper and fix the one I've already uploaded.

They are still adding maps. My scraper is updated now so it will rescan the site whenever I tell it to, to download new additions.

MOBYGAMES SCRAPING SO FAR:
* amiga-cd32, atari-5200, intellivision (pasted before)
* atari-8-bit, apple2, msx (pasted before)
* amstrad cpc (pasted before)
* atari-st
* amiga
* playstation1 part1
* playstation1 part2

I'm off to work now. Later! smile.gif

Edited by wimpyRBX, 25 January 2010 - 02:12 PM.

#2170 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:51 PM

Sure... I have changed the maps folders you sent me by hand by copying my screenshot folder names and pasting over the maps names. That's not very fun when you have to do it for about 5 or 6 hundred folders though. It probably doesn't matter now though since I don't imagine they're going to be coming too quick with new additions. Those look like they're a ton of work to make.

Do me a favor and keep a document on your PC with all your links for stuff that you scraped. I haven't been keeping up on them and I'll need to get them integrated eventually.

Edited by ressurectionx, 25 January 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#2171 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 25 2010, 02:51 PM) View Post

Sure... I have changed the maps folders you sent me by hand by copying my screenshot folder names and pasting over the maps names. That's not very fun when you have to do it for about 5 or 6 hundred folders though. It probably doesn't matter now though since I don't imagine they're going to be coming too quick with new additions. Those look like they're a ton of work to make.
Do me a favor and keep a document on your PC with all your links for stuff that you scraped. I haven't been keeping up on them and I'll need to get them integrated eventually.

yep i'm keeping backups of everything.

when it comes to the vgmaps i'll redo the scraper and fix so you don't have to do all the manual work. atleast alot less of it. it seems they have small additions every week or so. just rescraped now and got ~15 new maps since last scrape (~1week ago) so we might wanna think about releasing addons when new stuff arrives perhaps each month or so.

NOW i'm off to work :> i'll still be able to read here so if there is anything let me know.

#2172 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

Sounds good.

By having the spaces in there in the future, it should make about 50% of the games or more match up immediately.

#2173 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

These old commercials are great. I wish it was 1983 again.

#2174 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hey, here is the NES 3D boxart set...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LBCPYY2F

#2175 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Pulsemasta @ Jan 25 2010, 04:24 PM) View Post

Hey, here is the NES 3D boxart set...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LBCPYY2F

these actually look quite nice! do they have transparent bg? i cant see that it here at work..tongue.gif but the images look very nice. planning on doing more systems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users