ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:49 AM

@ wimpy: Maybe I should look at them again. In all honesty, I really only looked at the Genesis and stopped after Shadowrun wasn't in there and it seemed to only cover a few hundred games. I didn't look at anything else.

How about you tell me how many folders I'm supposed to have for NES, SNES, the Gameboys and Turbo Grafx 16. If they match on my end, we're probably good then.

@ bigby: Bummer.... Most 32x Prototypes don't work for whatever reason on the Box emus. Sometimes I believe they don't work on emus period and require cart format and the actual hardware.

Sorry bout that DM. If you've done the video already stupot, I'll add it in the Xtras anyways just in case.

Only 4 more days open for any romhacking adds. All other adds are closed down.

@ waal: Good to hear you're going to keep on with the project. I'd be happy to have an Xtras update for Amiga in June.

@ Carnage: Same with the Intellivision. Check out how I have things set up for the Xtras and try to get your stuff lined up the same way. I should be around to help out if you have any questions when that time comes.

#2358 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:39 AM

Wow....

3D Boxart looks awesome. cool.gif

EDITED TO ADD:

It would be cool if they were whatever type of file it has to be so the background is invisible. Then, if you wanted your skin to just have the 3D boxart hover over the background it would look great without having a gray rectangle background covering the skin.

Edited by ressurectionx, 25 February 2010 - 11:41 AM.

#2359 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

About GameFAQs scrape. You do have all my folders.. But it seems Genesis wasn't completed before i sent it over (the second update a few posts back completes it tho).

There was no "code-fault" just an unfinished scrape-run on Genesis, meaning that it should be more complete on the other systems.

#2360 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

"should be"....

You know we're all about 100% accuracy here man. cool.gif

Could you do me a favor and re-scrape them? If you come up with the same finished results as you did the first time for all systems than we're cool and no need to re-up anything. I'm just not betting on the fact that Genesis was the only system to be impacted by this, even if that is the case.

#2361 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Feb 25 2010, 12:37 PM) View Post

"should be"....

You know we're all about 100% accuracy here man. cool.gif
Could you do me a favor and re-scrape them? If you come up with the same finished results as you did the first time for all systems than we're cool and no need to re-up anything. I'm just not betting on the fact that Genesis was the only system to be impacted by this, even if that is the case.

I don't like the term "should be" myself ;-) I'll rescrape the main systems when I get around to it. I'm leaving for work now but I might be able to rescrape a little later today to see if there is something missing. I did a quick check last night and Genesis was very easy to see incomplete, the others not so.. But I'm on it Sir! =D

cheers
ze bitch wimpy!

#2362 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:26 AM

Sounds good man. There's still some time, but not too much.

I've got a million other things to keep me busy at the moment.

I've got to document the videos that cbagy upgraded in the spreadsheets. There are 500 that I'm keeping out of the roughly 500 he sent my way. There are some alternate versions like Probotector that were removed. Overall, great freakin quality on these. It's a shame he lost so many to a freak accident. I've been there before. It would take a nuclear explosion to make me lost the work that I've done now. cool.gif

I know that this discouraged cbagy from finishing the set and trust me when I say we all lost out because of it.

All 3D Boxart available for the sets I'm covering have been renamed and integrated.

You've talked to dpolsrod, so you know he's wrapping up the AVGN videos, so I'll get them in when I've got them.

Philo says he should have a couple hundred commercial adds soon. I'm hoping sooner than later, Philo. cool.gif

I also have to wrap up a few things for the three Atari consoles, and begin figuring out what will be included with the PSX release, given the limited amount of time left. And I'm probably going to put together a best of CoinOPS pack based off of a 1,500 rom datfile from R5, including the videos, and possibly artwork if bigby or somebody else works on that for me.

Later,
~Rx

#2363 Boomin Newman

Boomin Newman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:11 AM

If anyone is still planning on doing the Dosxbox games let me know, i have maybe 100 games on their with alot working flawlessly.

#2364 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(Boomin Newman @ Feb 26 2010, 05:11 AM) View Post

If anyone is still planning on doing the Dosxbox games let me know, i have maybe 100 games on their with alot working flawlessly.

Cool, If you'd like please join IRC and have a chat with the DOS boys :>

#2365 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

I, of course, wan't to help out with DosXbox. I'm trying to make changes to it to make sharing setups a little easier. Since the currently used method is a little wacked and I don't like the placement of the .dos files. Other potential additions would be some preset controller configs. Although I've never had to stray to far from the one controller configuration that I use.

#2366 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Feb 25 2010, 10:39 AM) View Post

Wow....

3D Boxart looks awesome. cool.gif
EDITED TO ADD:

It would be cool if they were whatever type of file it has to be so the background is invisible. Then, if you wanted your skin to just have the 3D boxart hover over the background it would look great without having a gray rectangle background covering the skin.

IPB Image
Im making some i think

#2367 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:04 PM

That would be cool cbagy... but make sure you send a copy my way before you change all my names to whatever you use, okay?

I just spent yesterday renaming all the 3D boxes I got from here and hyperspin, and about another hour renaming all 500 of your Genesis videos. I'm going to be renaming a ton of gamefaqs this weekend too.

I'm just really getting tired of renaming everything over and over and over and over and over and over again.

#2368 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:23 PM

The artwork isnt from your set. This artwork is from my setup, my collection,
your naming isnt applicable here.
However the emulator renders the transparency as black anyway which spoils the whole look.

#2369 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

I'm just going to go with what I have then. Thanks anyways. I'm done renaming stuff except for the GameFaqs.

#2370 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:43 AM

Hey cbagy,

I know you said you were going to try to do some more Genesis videos. I was hoping I could request a few I feel need to be replaced above all others. They either had the title screen first, the audio was WAY too loud or soft compared to the rest, or there are some other apparent glitches.

Here's the list:
Gadget Twins
Lotus Turbo Challenge
Magic School Bus
Olympic Summer Games - Atlanta '96
Speedball II - Brutal Deluxe
Spider-Man & Venom - Separation Anxiety
Spider-Man - The Animated Series
Super Off Road
Target Earth
Wayne Gretzsky NHLPA All-Stars

And also a Pirate game: Bug's Life

There were actually a lot more I had highlighted in red that you already took care of. I've got your name filled in the spreadsheet for any videos you've done and I'm going to get them on my box now.

Thanks,
~Rx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users