madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:48 PM

To be fair.. just from my preliminary testing there is definitely an issue. So I don't think removing configs aint gonna help much.

#2702 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:17 AM

Hey Madmab, and TM3,

I must be using an older beta.

The last one I had didn't have any slowdown or other glitches that I can recall. I know for sure the synopsis was fine because I tested it before replying here. There is a slight pause on the movie preview, but I guess it was never enough for me to notice that it was any more than the other systems.

As for the intro videos... why don't we just put the background IMG back in the skins as well as the intros in case somebody doesn't want them turned on? This doesn't effect the memory at all having that image in the skin except when it's used, does it?

BlueSlingShot,

Everything but the roms and XMV versions of movies sounds good to me. Actually, we already have quite a few of the WMVs up that weren't posted anywhere when everything was taken down, so they're still valid links (although they have my name in them, and if MU ever revisits the issue they may just delete them again with no just cause).

Also, take the "HyperSpin 3D Boxart" folders out of the artwork links as well. I've actually gotten permission from more than one artist to use the stuff, but I'm not going to even tempt fate by having just their stuff in the MU links. Nothing is being removed from the official t0rrents, but at least we as a site here can say that there is nothing in the links we post that will make people do this again.

If you're really serious man.... just say the word. Maybe a few other people would join you and try again. I just can never guaranty that this won't happen again for some other reason or the same guys ruining it for everyone a second time. Hopefully, by leaving any and all questionable content on MU this can be avoided in the future. At least if it happened again, we would have solid ground to stand on. There was just no way I was going to argue after foolishly putting all that other stuff up there.

Thanks,
~Rx

Hi Likkle.....

Sorry girl, but you're going to have to find that one on your own. It's closed now anyways, so you can't go over there and take more shots at me. I do give the site credit for not allowing either of them to edit the posts or wipe the thread away completely.

And one of them quoted stuff that I had posted in our public IRC chan, which confirms my suspicions that if I just looked the other way at their crying that this wouldn't have happened. It looks like we have had at least one mole in there for who knows how long, and for all I know they're still in there.

That's the price you pay, I guess, for keeping things open and not closing doors on people. Try to do a good thing, right?

And trust me... when I release the emu stuff with all the skins, if either of those two made anything in yours, they'll be bitching all over again since all of your skins are going to be included. cool.gif

#2703 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:54 AM

ok. Well I've been able to trace the memory problems down to the UMKT hack which I added after alot of the testing on Neogenesis had been done. Apparently the thing is a big memory suck! I'm working on a solution to this right now. May be a couple days. tongue.gif

#2704 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Apr 24 2010, 12:17 AM) View Post

Hey Madmab, and TM3,

I must be using an older beta.

The last one I had didn't have any slowdown or other glitches that I can recall. I know for sure the synopsis was fine because I tested it before replying here. There is a slight pause on the movie preview, but I guess it was never enough for me to notice that it was any more than the other systems.
As for the intro videos... why don't we just put the background IMG back in the skins as well as the intros in case somebody doesn't want them turned on? This doesn't effect the memory at all having that image in the skin except when it's used, does it?
BlueSlingShot,

Everything but the roms and XMV versions of movies sounds good to me. Actually, we already have quite a few of the WMVs up that weren't posted anywhere when everything was taken down, so they're still valid links (although they have my name in them, and if MU ever revisits the issue they may just delete them again with no just cause).

Also, take the "HyperSpin 3D Boxart" folders out of the artwork links as well. I've actually gotten permission from more than one artist to use the stuff, but I'm not going to even tempt fate by having just their stuff in the MU links. Nothing is being removed from the official t0rrents, but at least we as a site here can say that there is nothing in the links we post that will make people do this again.
If you're really serious man.... just say the word. Maybe a few other people would join you and try again. I just can never guaranty that this won't happen again for some other reason or the same guys ruining it for everyone a second time. Hopefully, by leaving any and all questionable content on MU this can be avoided in the future. At least if it happened again, we would have solid ground to stand on. There was just no way I was going to argue after foolishly putting all that other stuff up there.
Thanks,
~Rx
Hi Likkle.....

Sorry girl, but you're going to have to find that one on your own. It's closed now anyways, so you can't go over there and take more shots at me. I do give the site credit for not allowing either of them to edit the posts or wipe the thread away completely.

And one of them quoted stuff that I had posted in our public IRC chan, which confirms my suspicions that if I just looked the other way at their crying that this wouldn't have happened. It looks like we have had at least one mole in there for who knows how long, and for all I know they're still in there.

That's the price you pay, I guess, for keeping things open and not closing doors on people. Try to do a good thing, right?
And trust me... when I release the emu stuff with all the skins, if either of those two made anything in yours, they'll be bitching all over again since all of your skins are going to be included. cool.gif

It should be easy to catch the mole. You know the people who are REALLY close to you and this project, and the IRC has only had like 8-10 people in there anytime I have sign into it.

process of elimination, and you will find the mole!

I read the HS argument, and they sounded like they reported my links, and didn't know about yours to the larger set, at least that's what that gut said. It is possible that MU deleted them for other reasons, and it was maybe just bad timing.

regardless.... I'm sorry for every uploading those and making the post. Although, the very fact that I got them from a site other than Hyperspin proves that deleting them will do nothing. AND actually because of me finding those links I actually joined Hyperspin and donated to get access to the FTP which proves sharing your work brings positive results.

Oh well.

#2705 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:42 AM

Doesn't mater Pulse... Anyone can just log in with any name. They'd just come back with a different user if they're still looking to try and cause problems.

Only way to prevent it is to shut the channel down to only trusted members, but that's not going to happen either. I don't want to block new people from joining.

I'm not at all surprised to see somebody quoting anything I've said in there. I'm just angry with myself for being stupid enough to do it in a public forum where other idiots can hear my idiocy and make trouble with it. I didn't realize what the potential cost of that was until after it happened.

Definitely a reaction much more dramatic than the action that sparked it. Looks like Einstein was wrong....

Shame on me

#2706 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

Two things I can say I know from my experience in being a "mod" in IRC channels.

Any decent irc client software keeps the IP addresses of all users who enter/leave a channel. So determining a persons IP is relatively easy and a good "BAN" is based on IP.

Best to have a seperate "closed" channel for "internal" discussion regarding things like this. Just to decrease the likelyhood of someone "ratting".

#2707 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:55 AM

I've been thinking a lot about it after venting everywhere and I think I've managed to finally come to grips that the links are all gone now.

The truth is, I don't even want to ban the two if they're coming. I'd rather we all get along and work together.

I really love their stuff and would love to see them complete the sets with the 2D stuff we've created. They'd have over 900 images to do for the NES alone smile.gif

I'm not knocking the stuff we have from Cbagy and Bigby at all... in fact I really love their stuff for what it is too. With the DVD case look to them, it really looks like going through your online NetFlix queue while scrolling through the games when using those CUT files in XBMC.

I just really love some of HS's 3D work and it kills me not to be able to use it because on most large systems over half of the included games will not have a boxart. Even if madmab gets the emu to show 2D instead of 3D if there isn't one, it would just look weird going back and forth... I think.

You guys broke my heart koolbrez and SophT....... Though I didn't know the artists by name before, I sure do now. Big fan of your work right here.

I'm willing to chalk this up as one huge misunderstanding, even though my team and anyone following my work was the ones to suffer in retaliation for comments I made out loud to friends..... stuff even I wouldn't post on a forum.

In the future, this entire scenario should be an example for all of us.

Big emu communities don't have to be exclusive, and can actually help generate buzz for each other with things like adding your stuff to our project. Seriously.... It wasn't until Pulse put those links up there that I even heard of HyperSpin. As soon as I saw them, I loved them. If I wasn't already so deeply involved with this massive effort, I'm sure I would have joined up there myself.

Even though I won't be around much longer, I know that my team and yours, and others out there can work together to keep improving upon all aspects of this. We will probably go through the same thing again when emumovies finds out that we used a lot of their (now old) stuff.

I just figured that sites like yours and emumovies would understand after they saw it and that they would see how much we have to offer them back. By now, if you don't include Arcade movies, I can say with 100% certainty that our team has made more videos than we took from emumovies. We've got movies for translations, hacks, prototypes and all the little oddities all over the place, as well as European games not included in the US set, and Japanese games that are playable to an English speaking audience.

Maybe things will be better when I'm gone, once the foundation is created. Sometimes I fear I alienate people with my antics and mood swings. I certainly didn't draw first blood here, but I admit that it was my own childishness that caused the travesty that happened.

I hope you both try the Xtras out someday and maybe when you see the huge labor of love this project was, you will appreciate the fact that even though it was unfinished work, all of your stuff made it into the collections in the hopes that you would finish them when you had our boxarts.

Let's be friends ya knuckleheads cool.gif
~Rx

#2708 SophT

SophT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

Just stopping by to say that I'm that "Ultimate HyperSpin Guru" (which, actually is just the forum's auto-title based on post count) and while I do have limited admin privileges over there at HS, I can't edit/delete posts/threads. But I wouldn't have even if I could. All I can do is approve/disapprove things from the downloads section.

Anways, ResurrectionX can vouch for me (I hope) when I say that I wasn't involved in having this project's links taken down. My only involvement was limited to a single post on this forum:

http://forums.xbox-s...o...135&st=2640

Heck, this is even only my second post here.

I just wanted to say publicly to ResurrectionX, thank you. Thank you for not going ballistic, and for asking others to remain calm too. Thank you too for not dragging my name through the mud. I can't speak for the entirity of the HS team, but I have no hard feelings (though I'm sure most others don't care either.)

Oh- and we know about the HyperSkins wink.gif You're not the first people to rip our art (Atomic FE does it with their aptly named "HyperSkins").

I'll just iterate, all we're asking for is credit. We're not this angry group of people who protect our IP viciously. Well, ok, maybe some more that others, but that's true anywhere. We're just a group who loves art, and loves video games.

---------

As to why the sets are all incomplete: The artwork goal of HS is to create art for all unique original, working games, starting with world, then going to US.

So yes, while there may be 1900+ different NES games out there. I only did 800~ of them because those are the ones that went to retail and are playable. We don't do hacks, bootlegs, revisions. Here's an example:

Game (USA)
Game (USA, Rev A)
Game (USA, Beta)
Game (EU)

Of those, while all different in some aspect, only 1 would get a box made, the US version, revision A.

And I'll offer here- if anyone wants my 3D NES template to make more boxes, I'll give it to you. I even have the 'oval' template for the spine- the text in the spine is just the title screen logo from the NES games, so you can have that full set you desire.

Peace,

SophT

#2709 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:16 AM

Dude... your PM to me was all I wanted, but your post here is awesome.

Credit will be given to everyone all around. If you're aware of my UG torrents, please check out the Virtual Boy one because that is the one we're going to use as the new revamped template.

An Evolutive (word coined by Gilles) Thanks Doc will be created and I will beg people to add their names to whatever they've done, whether it was somebody in my years here I forgot or if it was people completely un-involved with our project.

I'm so glad to have a good post here from you man. All I want is for everyone to be friends and work together. You posting what you did here in my thread is more than I could have hoped for.

Here's hoping we can all help each other get this stuff as amazing as our imaginations can take us.

Thanks for the beautiful 3D boxart, and I hope that now that you can get access to everything else we have that you may be interested in completing the sets. If not, I'm sure we can now work together to complete the sets. We have some very talented graphic artists on our end as well smile.gif

You're the man SophT.... I'm glad we could reach this plateau together.

Long live HyperSpin! Long live the Ressurection!

cool.gif

~Rx

#2710 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE(SophT @ Apr 23 2010, 11:59 PM) View Post

So yes, while there may be 1900+ different NES games out there. I only did 800~ of them because those are the ones that went to retail and are playable. We don't do hacks, bootlegs, revisions. Here's an example:

Game (USA)
Game (USA, Rev A)
Game (USA, Beta)
Game (EU)

Of those, while all different in some aspect, only 1 would get a box made, the US version, revision A

Oh... just re-read and noticed this SophT....

No second revisons are included, besides a few Famicom games that were translated and have better sound natively.

No.... We have nearly 1,800 games for the NES covered that are unique.

I hate that BS of having 4 to 15 different roms for the same game on my setup too... cool.gif

#2711 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:23 PM

TG16/CD locked and loaded smile.gif

#2712 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

MU links will be re-upped. This time however, there will be no roms or XMV files. Also, no HyperSpin 3D stuff will be added. I did get permission from several artists at HS to use their stuff (BIG THANKS!!!!), but I'm not going to take the chance that Koolbrez did one or two of them in a set that I wasn't aware about and have 100GB of content taken down again because of it. There will be nothing in these links considered illegal so that if they ever get taken down again I have a leg to stand on when trying to fight it.

Unfortunately, I don't think that I will be making these known about on this site or the torrents this time.

People I have known during my work here will be privy to these links so they can get the stuff quick and help seed so the rest of you can get it. It's just too much work to risk getting it taken down by somebody again.

Maybe they'll be released to everyone again in the future.

Later,
~Rx

#2713 wimpyRBX

wimpyRBX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

i am privy! like a anti-carebear in the snow!

on a more serious note: good idea smile.gif

#2714 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

Yep.... you got ups man smile.gif

You've been a major player since you came here and this is no exception.

Thanks,
~Rx

#2715 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:36 AM

Do me a favor, anyone who knows, and let me know which links in this post are obsolete now. If you've got a newer thread, great.

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4335767

Thanks,
~Rx

EDIT: Also let me know if you have good threads to add smile.gif

Edited by ressurectionx, 25 April 2010 - 12:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users