lokispawn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

If someone was to re-upload the exact torrents that were taken down (disregarding the ones with disc images) would people be able to resume where they left off if they were in the midst of downloading them as long as there are still people seeding the torrent? If so, it would probably be best to get on this as quickly as possible to prevent people from completely abandoning the torrent and deleting the files just because they think they're dead (which I suppose they are though)

Edited by lokispawn, 24 May 2010 - 04:59 PM.

#2912 solid12345

solid12345

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

i managed to snag almost everything except I was in the process of
getting the WMVs which I am severely disappointed if I cannot finish those as I wanted
all the videos instead of being locked to just the XMV/Xbox format.

If anyone can get the torrents elsewhere i'd be happy to seed.

#2913 alvarez735

alvarez735

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(madmab @ May 24 2010, 12:20 PM) View Post

This is in the UG site log..

[was deleted (UG rules broken: Uploader repudiated compression rule. Said too impractical for his users. His ultimatum: exemption or removal. We chose removal.) ]

how sad, really sad to see this kind of situation, have tried putting them on bG?

#2914 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

The problem rx is that you see yourself and your project as far more than either actually amounts to in reality. I've seen you talk to mods here as if you're somehow above the rules and to skilled developers as if you're in the same league and deserving of the same recognition that they are. All that's happening now is you're finding out the hard way that none of this is actually the case from anybody else's point of view save perhaps a few of those closely involved with you.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to kick you while you're down and I take no pleasure in any of the misfortunes that have affected the distribution of your project, but if you'd asked me at the beginning I could have told you something like this (and the HS incident) was very likely to happen. As one of the UG mods observed, some humility from you would have gone a long way and I think it's the only way forward if you expect to avoid this sort of thing in wherever else you host or share your files.

#2915 solid12345

solid12345

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

While technically against the rules he just bent them. I don't understand why he is expected to zip up an ISO yet everyone else can seed thousands of ROMS in a folder instead of one big RAR, also zipping a PSX ISO isn't going to make much difference in terms of saving space. It is also hypocritical for UG to let his project seed for weeks and then suddenly pull the plug, only now they had a problem with it, if anything it causes MORE hassle to those who were seeding for weeks than those whose internet bandwidth caps you are trying to help out.

Also I don't understand why protecting someone's monthly cap is more important than saving someone some hard drive space. I'd be more inconvenienced having to unzip 500 gigs of ISO's into duplicate unzipped files than worrying about a bandwidth monthly cap.

#2916 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(solid12345 @ May 24 2010, 05:24 PM) View Post

i managed to snag almost everything except I was in the process of
getting the WMVs which I am severely disappointed if I cannot finish those as I wanted
all the videos instead of being locked to just the XMV/Xbox format.

If anyone can get the torrents elsewhere i'd be happy to seed.

Green Demon smile.gif

#2917 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(madmab @ May 24 2010, 10:20 AM) View Post

This is in the UG site log..

[was deleted (UG rules broken: Uploader repudiated compression rule. Said too impractical for his users. His ultimatum: exemption or removal. We chose removal.) ]

Misquote... but I guess it's nice to have the power to rewrite history when the other side can't say anything about it after being banned.

I told them that if they chose to mess with any of my other torrents, none of which were under investigation at the time, that I would remove all of them.

It's funny how you can be a member in good standing at a site for 5 years and then have a tribunal of one or two mods who don't like you make a choice like this that will effect a lot of gamers. I was told that if a member is banned that their torrents remain up, so this action on their part really came out of spite from certain individuals who no doubt failed to recognize the greatness of the project and how much their action has hurt retro-gamers all over the world.

No skin off of my nose except for the 120 hours of labor I lovingly put into making those torrents. The only one left to do now was the emulator torrent.

UG just made sure that unless some other people make it happen, the only people who will get the Xtras collection are my team and the lucky 5,200+ complete downloads that others managed to get in the 46 days that Xtras torrents were up before everything was pulled.

I will be finishing my work on my own Box with madmab's newest emulators and then I will be putting them on the server with all the configuration files. Then my work here is done.

#2918 solid12345

solid12345

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

Regardless of all the drama, thank you ressurection for all the work you've put into this,
i've tried to do something similiar on my own but know how big of a job it is to juggle work and private life.
I just hope you'll still give back to the scene in any way you can and not let this experience sour you.

#2919 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

Sorry man... I was on my way out the door in a week or two anyhow. This isn't going to hold me back.

The stuff is out there. Hopefully it finds another way into everybody's hands.

#2920 BlueSlingShot

BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

This whole project seems to have some sort of Hex on it RX, I don't know why your getting punished so much for something you spent so long to do for the good of a emu community.

I mean if you look at the turn of events it's hard not to believe.

First, the MU links.

Then UG, goes down for 2 weeks because of a supposed snitch as soon as the xtras get on there.

And now, UG pulls everything all together which ='s complete cutoff from all content.

It's ridiculous and sad.

#2921 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

It's a conspiracy..... cool.gif

That's what I love about games and Gaming companies in general compared to music and movies and R!AA and MP44..... When have you ever heard of somebody getting sued over games before? I never have.

When they want to keep their content from getting out, they're like Ninja Assassins. Make it look like insiders did it. jester.gif

Well that's twice it can all be blamed on me and my attitude. Pity really, but if this stuff lives on and makes its way out now via other means, I think one day people will look back on this and see that I was right to be so proud of this collection.

Good luck getting them, and I hope that if you do that you do your own part to make sure somebody else gets them too.

Later,
~Rx

#2922 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

Sadly I highly doubt anyones gonna mirror what was made avail at UG anywhere,stick a fork in it was good while it lasted, on that note if anyone got the xboyadvance video pack Ill tray you any other video pack for it..(I got a couple)

#2923 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

It's already happening. Got a good group of people here.

The descriptions aren't anything mindblowing like before, but the data is already making its way to other channels.

The Xtras won't die because of some punk at HS or some robot-mods at UG.

#2924 guybird

guybird

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

Hmmm, that really sucks. Hadn't even gotten all of them yet, just the popular systems (NES. SNES, Genesis, PSX). I'll see what I can't do to spread the love elsewhere, lol. This just goes further to prove my personal belief though that most people despise anything running on an xbox that can be run on a pc. I love the portability of it, and being able to put it all on my big screen/surround sound and not have to have people crowd around a pc monitor. This same thumbing of the nose stuff happened with XMugen. Even though it seemed to really boost the popularity of the program in general, the pc purists just didn't like the idea of it being on anything other than a pc, and would not support it in anyway. In any case, once again thanks for taking the time to put this together and unlike one naysayer above, taking this burden upon your shoulders does give you a bit of clout; I don't care what anyone thinks about that. This sorta thing (packing artwork, synopsis, configs etc) has been thriving elsewhere making it easier for the guy that can barely turn on a pc let alone configure all that crap. Why is it "no big deal" on the xbox? If anyone manages to find/upload any of the other packs elsewhere, post it here or message me as I'd like to get the rest of the package.

#2925 djvj

djvj

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:11 AM

If anybody starts a torrent somewhere, I can help seed. Grabbed about 9 or 10 of the sets, wanted to get more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users