madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:26 AM

Yeah I apologize for any delays with AdamX. Outside of the usual life getting in the way I've gotten a little hung up on tinkering with different sound engines. laugh.gif

#17 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:27 AM

Well if someone could cough up a skin for Adamx with a spot for a preview window and movie window I can give it a try. A big concern is that the skin for some emu's is really nice and I would hate to have that messed up (eg. TG16, NES, etc).

Obviously if someone tried to use an older skin that could create issues as well. I wonder what the best way would be to handle something like that.

One thing I do not like about most skins is they do not leave a decent amount of room for the ROM names.

Maybe from a coding viewpoint the best thing would be to create a conditional compile and add the feature on a "per emu" basis and recompile them as skins are created for each one.

~madmab

There are plenty of ways to make dual previews that wouldn't use the original skins for the emus you mention. It would be great to have dual previews on the original NES or TG16 skins, but without the original artist I don't know the chances of that happening. I'll mention that you're willing to try the dual previews if somebody makes an ADAM skin that supports it.

What do you think guys and gals?

No sweat about the time it's taking madmab. I know how long it takes to tweak things. Are you making settings for the controls on the games? I was going to test them, but I figured you got it handled with making the controls.

Let me know,
~Rx

EDITED TO ADD: I don't really see any probelms with your adamx so far other that the other things we've been talking about. Videos look great.

(Just seen this: When you want to "return to launcher" the "Do you really want to quit?" is superimposed over the previous menu.)

Edited by ressurectionx, 07 September 2008 - 08:47 AM.

#18 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 7 2008, 04:03 AM) View Post

No sweat about the time it's taking madmab. I know how long it takes to tweak things. Are you making settings for the controls on the games? I was going to test them, but I figured you got it handled with making the controls.

Let me know,
~Rx

(Just seen this: When you want to "return to launcher" the "Do you really want to quit?" is superimposed over the previous menu.)

I'm not sure what you mean by control settings.

But if you are asking if I'm adding support for some of the different controllers (driving wheel, roller controller, etc) then the answer would be yes. But all I'm really doing is "activating" it the code is all already there. In fact it looks like an attempt was made at some point but never completed for whatever reason.

If you mean sensitivity settings the way it works now is pretty good. Games that use the wheel or roller controller default to the left analog stick.

As for the return to launcher thing. I think that is something that probably all the emu's probably do, but I can give it a look.

#19 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

Cool to know you're adding the additional support and am curious to see how it works.

What I meant was more along the lines of how you had pre-existing settings for the Atari 5200 emu though. It seems to me that the controls for Colecovision can be quite confusing and somewhat random without the proper setup. Maybe I'm mistaken and I'm not giving it enough of a chance though. (Seems to me like quite a few in the beginning need you to put input that maybe you need the keyboard to do unless they were mapped)

As for the
When you want to "return to launcher" the "Do you really want to quit?" is superimposed over the previous menu.
thing I mentioned yesterday, it's the first time I've ever seen it. It's possible the older version of Coleco did it, but I've never once seen the text superimposed over other text like this before, so I can say it doesn't happen on the NES, any Ataris, PCSXbox, or TG16 for sure..

Later,
~Rx

#20 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:42 AM

I just ran my atari lynx collection threw rom center and I have all the roms on the list and then some more on top of that.Most I have are functional but romcenter does not reconize some of the matches.Romcenter says that I am missing 6 licensed and 2 unlicenced but it list the games in the list and if I play the games on my xbox they are fine.

What gives?

Also is this list complete?
I have alot of games in my folder that are not in the dat file and I think work.They could be dubbs of other games I dont know.I do know the folder has 300+ files in it that are all games and most that I have tested this far are functional.

#21 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 8 2008, 10:59 AM) View Post

Cool to know you're adding the additional support and am curious to see how it works.

What I meant was more along the lines of how you had pre-existing settings for the Atari 5200 emu though. It seems to me that the controls for Colecovision can be quite confusing and somewhat random without the proper setup. Maybe I'm mistaken and I'm not giving it enough of a chance though. (Seems to me like quite a few in the beginning need you to put input that maybe you need the keyboard to do unless they were mapped)

Later,
~Rx

Doh! oh ok I never gave it much thought. Outside of a few racing games using the driver controller, 1 game using the roller controller, and a couple using the spinner there really isn't much to the configuration outside of aesthetic stuff and picking a sound engine that sounds good.

In other words the chance of the user getting it wrong is pretty small. But if I added the support the config file oughta be pretty small due to the way I designed the new system.

Your right. The "Do you wanna quit?" being superimposed over the main menu only occurs on my compiles with my newly modified communfuncs. Anything I compiled under the older commonfuncs does not do it. Odd....

How did you like the overwriting all the configuration options when the user changes the screen size? It seemed a little slow to me. I can only imagine how long it would take with larger rom collections. Maybe I should have a popup that says "this may take a while". laugh.gif

Edited by madmab, 09 September 2008 - 12:59 AM.

#22 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Sep 8 2008, 08:21 PM) View Post

Your right. The "Do you wanna quit?" being superimposed over the main menu only occurs on my compiles with my newly modified communfuncs. Anything I compiled under the older commonfuncs does not do it. Odd....

Alright. I know why it is happening. I modified the "YesNoMenu" to not trash the menu options when it was run. It was creating problems for me in Atari800xlbox when in the "game configuration" screen. Apparently the old way had the added benefit of clearing off the old menu text.

Is that an issue? It seems to me more an aesthetic thing.

#23 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:16 AM

I am exicited the screenshots will stream I will be sportin wood for a month they just have to be in a folder with the game.The only drawback is you have to pick threw the files to launch the game.It would be cool if it would automaticly launch the game when the folder was selected.

The reason I say this is because if you use the directories to look for the screenshots it will not work but if the game is in the same folder it will work

#24 Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:50 AM

Everything looks so perfect. The only problem I'm having is naming my roms (I've downloaded two sets from two different sources, and in both, maybe 50 games had matching signatures). Is there a way to rename based on closest matched name?

Edited by Flash Gordon, 09 September 2008 - 05:50 AM.

#25 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(madmab @ Sep 9 2008, 01:21 AM) View Post

Doh! oh ok I never gave it much thought. Outside of a few racing games using the driver controller, 1 game using the roller controller, and a couple using the spinner there really isn't much to the configuration outside of aesthetic stuff and picking a sound engine that sounds good.

In other words the chance of the user getting it wrong is pretty small. But if I added the support the config file oughta be pretty small due to the way I designed the new system.

How did you like the overwriting all the configuration options when the user changes the screen size? It seemed a little slow to me. I can only imagine how long it would take with larger rom collections. Maybe I should have a popup that says "this may take a while". laugh.gif

I'll have to try harder when I'm testing the games then. It seemed to me like it wanted me to make choices that the controller couldn't normally handle unless modified. Maybe your support file negates this.

I really don't like the problem with the superimposing of the graphics myself. I don't care about it for me at all, but since I'm putting this on my bro's system and some friends it would be nice to know that this won't happen on all the roms if you know why it happened and how to block it from happening.

I didn't know you did the overwriting of the screen thing on this emu. I'll have to mess a few up on purpose and test it. NES is the only one that I f'd up originally on accident, so I wouldn't have been able to test it before. But now that I know I'll give it a spin. I won't be able to do much in the next week or so, but I'll be back to business then.

~Rx

QUOTE(Flash Gordon @ Sep 9 2008, 06:26 AM) View Post

Everything looks so perfect. The only problem I'm having is naming my roms (I've downloaded two sets from two different sources, and in both, maybe 50 games had matching signatures). Is there a way to rename based on closest matched name?

Flash Gordon and run088,

Are you using the most up-to-date goodesets for SNES and LYNX?

I'm only asking because other people have said the datfiles work perfect.

There's no way of renaming to the closest name that I know of, and I really doubt there is.

Not all of my romsets are from the latest Goodsets, but any rom I have should be in the latest goodsets by default and since I've proven them as working (at least the first few minutes) your system should filter out all the bad ones and rename your sets perfectly.

And run088.... I'm 99% sure that's all of the unique games on the LYNX. madmab made the missing videos for LYNX and didn't know of any other roms that were available for it. He's pretty much the resident Atari expert at this point. Maybe he could answer your question better. I just think it's a lot of duplicate roms though.

~Rx

#26 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:52 PM

I made a video of the unreleased SNES game Nightmare Busters.
IPB Image IPB Image
Download video here.

The game is not recognized by GoodSNES or NSRT, just Google it and you'll find it in seconds. wink.gif

Edited by Retroplay, 09 September 2008 - 05:57 PM.

#27 BonusJz

BonusJz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

FINALY - and i just want to ask from where you get such a good quality pictures biggrin.gif

#28 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:43 PM

FINALY - and i just want to ask from where you get such a good quality pictures biggrin.gif

The video quality in the WMV or screenshots ?
I used Snes9x's avi output with Techsmith Screen Capture Codec to make the avi.
The way ZSNES handles video output is horrible compared to Snes9x.

Edited by Retroplay, 09 September 2008 - 10:44 PM.

#29 BonusJz

BonusJz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

@#$%#$^ video - its finally dumped biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#30 Retroplay

Retroplay