3326 replies to this topic

#3151 joeblow420

joeblow420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

im sorry to ask, but what the heck is this.. its an all in one emulator or something..?

#3152 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

No

ehh...these are all packs for emu's including "xtras" (ex. boxart, pics, videos... etc...)

Read the front page smile.gif

To Rx,
Buildin a cab huh?!
Right on!
Go Rx! biggrin.gif

Edited by Mega Man (?), 15 March 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#3153 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

Hey MM?,

I think I'm going to start small and just do an arcade controller first since I believe converting an XBox pad to an arcade controller will be the hardest for an electronics novice like me.

Check out my thread about it on emuxtras to see the design I had in mind (yes, to anyone else who's interested, this is most definitely a plug smile.gif)

~Rx

#3154 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:15 AM

There's so much sad stuff happening in the world today....

Let us all give a moment of silence for our fallen brothers and sisters in Libya and Japan and New Zealand and Egypt and any other countries who might not be large enough or have enough oil on the line at the moment to beat out Charlie Sheen in the ratings.

Who knows what's really going on anywhere, right? I feel like I'm part of a family that all agreed to chip in evenly for the inevitable, repeated trips to the rehab clinic for the idiot Uncle who always just did whatever he wanted to instead of consoling his family before making one dumb decision after another.

In my own personal reality, I feel truly blessed to have been able to devote so much time to a project so comparatively trivial, but at the same time so meaningful for those who benefit from it.

Though I make it a habit to not watch these things, here's praying for the ongoing sustenance of parts of the world where "American Idol" and "Jersey Shore" and "X-Box (and other platform) Modification" can still bring joy to millions. Long live the parts of the world where a serious decision can be made whether to stay on the controller or start playing by motion detection rather than "should i pack the pistol, or the rifle, or both?"

Good luck world.

We've made a good thing here. Though we exist and act in a world where you can make as much for 1.5 years on unemployment as a Burger King manager makes in a year, it's nice to know that not all of the time this free time has been mindlessly squandered on one's self.

Pay it forward.....
~Rx

#3155 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

Wise words indeed Rx, and this coming from a person with a passion for gaming. Not at all like the media would have us all portrayed, as mindless zombies intent on destroying whatever is in our path. biggrin.gif

Here's hoping you rekindle your Xtras interest and steer us towards DosBox, Playstation and other Xtras goodies. smile.gif

#3156 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

I still think about the XBox quite a bit, I just can't get into it on that level again, at least for the time being.

I gotta say, at least up until the point I was working on this and had the newest of everything, GREAT WORK everyone.

There's been nothing but compliments about the whole thing from people who have it now that I know personally. For everything they can see without trying, and everything they wanted that already existed but didn't know was there, they've got it all. For many of the classic systems dating from Super Nintendo/Sega Genesis' generation and before, I believe we've got 98% of everything put together.

Now... how it's put together is another story.....

My biggest gripe as one of the people who put this together and gave it pro bono for others to try out, is that many of the features included are completely unknown about unless they are pointed out. Other features included are a great idea as a brainstorm, but could use quite a bit of tweaking before they are used as heavily as imagined.

1. Angry Video Game Nerd videos, along with other extras shouldn't be "Easter Eggs". Somehow it should be made known to users not directly involved in the project AND not responsible for putting the particular Box together with the Xtras should be made aware somehow of their existance. Nobody was even aware of the awesome synopsis feature until I pointed it out to them, and some of them I doubt even remember how to use it or even if it's there.

We should probably get AVGN's approval for use in the future, even though it's after the fact. I would hope he would be honored, to have all of their work on an actual "retro" console, as opposed to the Tube, but who knows? Better safe than sorry, even after the fact, given the amount of time/money that was put into his work.

2. Synopsis Files

In a total dream world, the best of the best for all games would be combined and edited to show all of the relevant information in a uniform way. Probably never going to happen though.

a) As it is, I think that it would benefit everyone if some people got together and put the "Best" GameFaq for each game as the one that shows up on top of the lists (since every one begins with symbols and numbers, this should be easier than it initially sounds).

It would also be REALLY cool if for games covered as in-depth as the Final Fantasy series, that people rename the FAQs for things like Item Stats and Monster Stats and Level Stats and all the other things together in a way that made sense and was easier to use.

cool.gif Remove all of the images from the FAQs and put them in the VGMaps folders, if there deemed worthy of even bothering. FAQ files should be minuscule and very easy to upgrade with updates. The more pictures are involved, the more obese these collections get. Somebody PLEASSSSEEEE get rid of all of these and take the effort to add the good ones to VGMaps collections instead if just throwing them out.

I truly believe that the GameFAQ updates could be done with about 5-10MB for all systems, and even be organized in a zipfile that would unzip every faq over the old ones if you already had them, or could be written with a batch which would delete every Rx compatible FAQ file before making the new ones and unzipping all the files.

3. Skins should be easier to change. Possibly put on the Main Menu.

Most people don't even know that the skins can be changed, but the one or two that figured it out loved the change on systems like NES/SNES/Genesis. I LOVE Gilles' skins, but some people love the idea of a system based theme instead of worrying about the whole thing matching with XBMC like I do. It would be awesome if they could change this with ease in the emulator.

3-b. SOMEBODY PLEASE UPDATE THE GREAT SKINS BY NEVERWILL TO SHOW 2 PICS AND A VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.... that's about it for now. I know I had other ideas. They'll come to me eventually.

Peace,
~Rx

#3157 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

Almost 400,000 views!

Pretty sweet smile.gif

#3158 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Genuine views too !
Something you don't get at other certain xbox sites.

#3159 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

I see nothing... tongue.gif

yo yo yo
Shout-out to my old school Xtras team!
Rx
Madmab
Gilles9999

#3160 Spc 4

Spc 4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

I haven't been on here in a long time. I was wondering what is the current state of Xtras, and what happened to the emuxreas.net? I have been looking around the forums, but I cant seem to find any relevant information except what RX posted above.

#3161 Xboxer!

Xboxer!

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hi

what happened to emuxtras.net? when I try to enter this appears:

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

blink.gif

#3162 FrankMorris

FrankMorris

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

Maybe someone is 'deedossing' it tongue.gif

#3163 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

Someone tried to hack it... so it was down for a while.

We may have found the hacker through the magic of the internet.
It's back up now biggrin.gif

#3164 Xboxer!

Xboxer!

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

Perhaps this is the hacker. Burger hacker. So call it.

IPB Image

if I find, will taste the blade of my katana. muhaha.gif

#3165 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

No, I don't think Rx himself would try to hack the site...
Xboxer! tongue.gif wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users