waal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 27 2011, 03:13 AM) View Post

I dunno....

This happened once before and after I asked I had a new temporary password PMd to me here about 2 hours after the fact.

Don't know how much has changed since I've been gone and if that is still possible. Can't imagine that it isn't though.

There are only two persons able to edit rights: Wimpy who's away for two weeks and Perr who isn't involved in our stuff and can only be reached through PM on IRC.

Things are quiet at the moment. It's september and many are back to school or to work. Others are on vacation.

And the ban rule is applied to everyone. Three wrong login attempts and you're out from both the site and the FTP. This can sound harsh but the admins have taken measures to prevent intrusions. Believe it or not, they even had to disconnect the server months ago because of an attack attempt. This policy was made for security not to persecute you in particular. This happened to me often and recently Gilou also had the same issue.

Edited by waal, 27 September 2011 - 05:32 AM.

#3257 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:56 AM

I guess I'll just wait then....

Got plenty to do in the mean time smile.gif

Pretty cool when your only monthly bills are cell/internet/electric/gas/water....

Hell.....

When I've got the rehabbing done, and some reasonable employment, I very well might get back into the thick of this work...

I'd probably be better off buying another rehab project and renting it out though.

I'm so much more productive from a monitary standpoint now that I've been weed free for 7 weeks months. I could only imagine what would happen if I could kick the Icehouse too......

The sky's the limit! smile.gif

Edited by ressurectionx, 28 September 2011 - 03:57 AM.

#3258 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 26 2011, 10:13 PM) View Post

I dunno....

This happened once before and after I asked I had a new temporary password PMd to me here about 2 hours after the fact.

Don't know how much has changed since I've been gone and if that is still possible. Can't imagine that it isn't though.

Well maybe you should consider PM'ing the person who helped you out before. Rather than posting in a public thread and relying on a third party to get things straight for you. A thread that is likely not read as often by said person. smile.gif

#3259 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:31 AM

Possibly,

But in those days, I got about 30 PMs a week and talked to a lot of people here. Truth be told, I don't remember who fixed it for me back then. Sorry about that.

Back then, the site had my name. People actually cared about the work I had been doing rather than turning it against me.

I figure it's rather fruitless now to even post further about it. If even a single person wanted me involved anymore, it would have been taken care of by now.

It's cool....

In 5 years, I'll be able to host all of this on my own for little more cost per month than my internet connection today and I should have some free time by then. I'll just take my project back when that day comes and it won't cost me an arm and a leg.

BTW......

Where are the spreadsheets now.... yanno, the ones that are keeping up to date with every single update made to every single aspect of every single Xtra for every single game?

I know it was a bit anal of me to do so, but at least everyone knew EXACTLY what updates have been made for every official game, prototype, update, translation and straight up hack we had added when I was working on stuff.

It's been well over a year since I've been involved, and I don't even know if those spreadsheets are still publicly available now, but it seems like any work done since I've been gone has been nebulous at best.

I guess from now on, any "Xtras" work that is done we're just supposed to take the creators at their word without documented proof that work has been done, huh?

Edited by ressurectionx, 03 October 2011 - 02:37 AM.

#3260 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:57 AM

I'm sorry.. come back when you're making sense.. blink.gif

If there is any animosity towards you, it's your own doing and own fault. I've said time and time before it's up to you to mend the fences between people. Until you do you are not likely gonna be taken serious.

Maybe you should think harder before you go and say something stupid while intoxicated? sleeping.gif

Just a word of advice..

#3261 waal

waal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

zzzzz....

Be realistic, people that use the xtras or any package or any software don't think anymore about their creators after a short time.

They just play games.

#3262 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:30 AM

I wouldn't say that. I'll always appreciate you guys for whatever you've done here. I still appreciate Xport specifically for giving in and making his ports skinnable. That said, I don't use most of the xtras as I can't spare the hdd space (it's always filled with TV shows), but I have the NES xtras, so thanks for that, and thanks for the option to have the others.

It's been my experience around here that drama is inevitable (which is why Xport generally worked alone), so once again, I'm just gonna say thanks to everyone who contributed whatever they contributed.

Edited by Koitsu, 04 October 2011 - 07:32 AM.

#3263 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

Everybody go play this game!

That means You! MadMab! muhaha.gif
IPB Image

#3264 YRUSirius

YRUSirius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

Man, I like this logo. smile.gif

The game too, of course. biggrin.gif

-YRUSirius

#3265 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

Isn't It amazing! cool.gif

Don't know where I stumbled on this HD image biggrin.gif

#3266 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:49 AM

LOL.... damn man.... I've been yelled at for posting banners not as wide as that image smile.gif

I can see that at this point if there is nobody sending me a PM here with a new password that I'm not wanted at the other site anymore.

That's cool...... cool.gif

Imma get my house of cards in order and take care of the important stuff and when I get the time I'm coming back and I'll get this house back in order.

I just got my sabotaged furnace working last week when I didn't even know how to light a pilot a day before.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... SWEET HEAT!!!!!

When I need to, I'll fix my lawnmower, my snowblower, my garbage disposal and the FUBAR'ed Xtras when time allows.

It's a shame that I have to worry about keeping up with a project I've lost touch with as much as I would have to keep up with BP on CoinOPS because we couldn't set a schedule and he didn't document anything.

When I get back to this, I can't even imagine how much testing I will need to do because there has been no reliable sources doing updates and keeping up with the documentation.......

Sad....

#3267 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:50 AM

... or has there....?

tongue.gif

#3268 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:25 AM

Has there?

If you were in charge MM, than maybe I would feel safe with it..... but I was hard-core OCD about that stuff.

No offence, but I just don't trust that work in anyone elses' hands.

Ask any programmer of any computer language, and they'll tell you that documentation is the one thing severely lacking in any creation. I'm sure Madmab would agree. He's figured out a lot of the odds and ends in XPORT's work over the years through trial and error, but that's not because it was laid out to him like a road map like I would have done had I the coding skills. And I'm sure that pre-dates XPORT by about 10 years as well because he had to put up with the same BS and complete lack of documentation of code when he was porting the emulators.

I know you're one of the few people who understands and would still admit that the Xtras work was an Art in itself. It may not have been programming, and you know I always said that I did the work that anybody could do, but nobody would do the entire time I was doing it.

To this day, I stand by my work and proclaim a 99.8% perfection ratio.

Personally, I'd be afraid to abandon any of my work and take on the "updates" that have happened to any of my sets since I left. The most important thing that I wanted to achieve when I worked on this project was that my family and friends I made boxes for would not bitch about anything not working right. It's been over a year since I gave 8 XBoxes with 300GB-500GB hard drives to them for free and I haven't had a single bitch about performance. My only sadness about it is that some of the emulator functions are not very intuitive still and that they weren't even aware of some of the awesome features we made (such as GameFAQs and Game Genie Codes).

The only issues with my work were in the first few systems we covered. Since I wasn't using goodsets or nointro on them, some roms have proven to be faulty late in the game.

This is the ONLY problem with any of my work.

But to me.... blindly upgrading to new "Xtras" work is like willingly opening Pandora's Box.

Just make sure you backed up the real work before you proceed.

Later,
~Rx

#3269 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

Rx, just join forces with BP and be done with it !!! tongue.gif