ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:06 AM

That game looks pretty cool. I'll get that stuff up in the thread sometime by next week. Barbie_on_Weed mentioned that game being dumped to me the other day as well. Great to have a video and the artwork pre-made for it.

Thanks a bunch, and I'll get you full credit for it.

Thanks,
~Rx

#32 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:17 AM

I didn't think about mentioning but most Coleco games use the keypad to some extent. The way I have it mapped is similar to the 5200 emu.

Right stick up or start = 1
Right stick left = 2
Right stick right = 3
Right stick down = 4
back + right stick up = 5
back + right stick left = 6
back + right stick right = 7
back + right stick down = 8

I don't think I ever found a decent way to map 9 and 0. If you press down on the right analog stick it will bring up a default keypad overlay.

Maybe that'll help. smile.gif

#33 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

I'll give it a shot soon then madmab. I never owned or knew anyone who owned a coleco so it's low on my list, so when things don't work perfect for me I get bored of it pretty quick. It didn't seem to be responding like I would have liked, but I never played the original, and I probably didn't mess around with the right stick at all. I'll have to be a bit more patient with it and get the hang of it for the testing.

Any games you know for a fact don't work with it, or are they all good?

Later,
~Rx

#34 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

Here's 10 more there was missing in the packs.
Battle Pinball
BS F-ZERO Grand Prix 2
Jikkyou World Soccer - Perfect Eleven
Jikkyou World Soccer 2 - Fighting Eleven
Metal Max Returns
Rendering Ranger R2
Radical Psycho Machine Racing
Super Pinball II - The Amazing Odyssey
Super SVIW
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV - Turtles in Time

Download here.

Super SVIW is the same game as Fire Power 2000, however I prefer the japanese version which have the "original" title.
Remember SVIW for C64 and Amiga. wink.gif

#35 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Retroplay @ Sep 10 2008, 06:16 PM) View Post

Here's 10 more there was missing in the packs.
Battle Pinball
BS F-ZERO Grand Prix 2
Jikkyou World Soccer - Perfect Eleven
Jikkyou World Soccer 2 - Fighting Eleven
Metal Max Returns
Rendering Ranger R2
Radical Psycho Machine Racing
Super Pinball II - The Amazing Odyssey
Super SVIW
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV - Turtles in Time

Download here.

Super SVIW is the same game as Fire Power 2000, however I prefer the japanese version which have the "original" title.
Remember SVIW for C64 and Amiga. wink.gif

Think it's awesome that people are adding to the project. Thanks for the videos man. I'll get everyting updated when I get a chance.

Pretty sure I have some of those games.... Absolutely sure that TMNT IV is in my set, but the rest of them I'm fairly sure I dont' have.

I was looking for more input before my release, but people didn't say anyting then. Still happy to have input now. Especially accompanied by videos.

Between this and that new game just dumped, the SNES is somehow looking even better.

Later,
~Rx

#36 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 10 2008, 08:06 PM) View Post

Absolutely sure that TMNT IV is in my set, but the rest of them I'm fairly sure I dont' have.

I downloaded the v2.0 packs and the only Turtles video I could find was Tournament Fighters.

#37 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

I'll look into it. I know I have the video myself. I don't know how it could be missed. Far be it for me to call you a liar though.

In the case that I don't have it, thanks for adding what I somehow missed. You wouldn't mind zipping them up in a .rar file all together for me would you? I'll add them to the main thread then.

Thanks,
~Rx

#38 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 10 2008, 10:30 AM) View Post

I'll give it a shot soon then madmab. I never owned or knew anyone who owned a coleco so it's low on my list, so when things don't work perfect for me I get bored of it pretty quick. It didn't seem to be responding like I would have liked, but I never played the original, and I probably didn't mess around with the right stick at all. I'll have to be a bit more patient with it and get the hang of it for the testing.

Any games you know for a fact don't work with it, or are they all good?

Later, ~Rx
All games work as far as I know, even the ones that use a special controller. As long as you set it too.

Slither uses the roller controller.
Most racing games can use the driving controller.
Only 1 sports game (I think) uses the roller controller.

All special controllers are controlled with the left analog stick.

Some of the games that start with the letter "A" and "B" are kind boring, so just skip past all the boring ones real quick (educational for example) and you'll start getting to the better ones.

#39 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

Whoops my bad.... It's..

back + Right stick up or start = 1
back + Right stick left = 2
back + Right stick right = 3
back + Right stick down = 4
LTrigger + right stick up = 5
LTrigger + right stick left = 6
LTrigger + right stick right = 7
LTrigger + right stick down = 8

The funky scheme is due to the odd way the coleco emulator (or maybe it's the colecovision itself?) handles multiple keypresses. The 5200 didn't have that problem so it was not noticeable.

#40 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 10 2008, 08:15 PM) View Post

You wouldn't mind zipping them up in a .rar file all together for me would you?

I already posted a download link with the videos a couple of posts ago.
It's a 7zip archive, WinRAR can handle those.

#41 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:49 AM

TWO IMPORTANT UPDATES/REQUESTS:

1. NEW GAMES:

Several of you have come to me with games I wasn't aware of and even some videos to go along with them. Anything that anyone thinks is worth adding that I missed is welcome and will make the list, on the condition that the videos are made for them. I will take care of the artwork and organizing and will repackage them. I will give everyone here until Nov 1st to add to it and then I will repackage the new content and up it at megaupload.

As always, I'm glad to have the help and thank you for your interest in the project.

2. DATFILES:

I knew it wasn't going to be as easy as I planned. Some people say they work perfect, while other people are having problems with some roms not being renamed. I don't know what is causing this.

I'd really appreciate it if a few of you would rename the roms that don't match still and make a datfile with Romcenter for them. If I get about 4 different datfiles total, this should eliminate any probelms for people in the future if they have alternative dats. Just rememeber to make sure that you set it to rename the roms with the capitalization that I used (otherwise it may default to "all lowercase") or something.

If you need help with how to make datfiles in clrmamepro, I can work on getting that to you. It's pretty self explanatory though, I think.

THANKS EVERYONE,
~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 11 September 2008 - 02:25 AM.

#42 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Sep 10 2008, 10:03 PM) View Post

Whoops my bad.... It's..

back + Right stick up or start = 1
back + Right stick left = 2
back + Right stick right = 3
back + Right stick down = 4
LTrigger + right stick up = 5
LTrigger + right stick left = 6
LTrigger + right stick right = 7
LTrigger + right stick down = 8

The funky scheme is due to the odd way the coleco emulator (or maybe it's the colecovision itself?) handles multiple keypresses. The 5200 didn't have that problem so it was not noticeable.

Here's my issues madmab.

1. None of those settings were part of the default for me. Is there a file I should delete so when it loads next time these settings will be plugged in for all of the controls, or do I have to do this manually? I don't have a problem with doing them manually once, but I don't want to do it again when your final version comes out.

2. All of the romnames are made lowercase in the emu, even though they're not really lower case. I remember having this issue with several of XPORTs lesser known emulators. Is there a way to fix it so it displays the romnames exactly as they are? (NEVERMIND.... lol... my old favorties were saved that way, but your emu doesn't do this. Everything is fine here)

3. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to start "boulder dash". It just keeps playing the title screen no matter what I do on the XBox controller or in the keypad screen.

4. Burgertime works fine, you just have to wait a long time for the title screen to go to the game select screen on its own. Popeye and River Raid work great.

Eh..... this is becoming a compatibility list. I'll just test all the games and put any problems or suggestions I have in there for you, how's that sound?

Edited by ressurectionx, 11 September 2008 - 03:39 AM.

#43 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 11 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

I knew it wasn't going to be as easy as I planned. Some people say they work perfect, while other people are having problems with some roms not being renamed. I don't know what is causing this.

If you use GoodSNES to rename the roms, it will rename them regardless if the rom has a header or not.
When you rename using dat files some roms may not be recognized because some roms have headers and some don't because of different CRC values.
So the best way to overcome this, is to remove the rom headers with NSRT in all the roms so they have identical CRC values and then create a dat file using headerless roms.
Then people just need to remove the headers in their roms and rebuild using the dat you created.

Btw, I must be blind, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV was indeed in your pack. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Retroplay, 11 September 2008 - 05:17 PM.

#44 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 10 2008, 10:56 PM) View Post

Here's my issues madmab.

1. None of those settings were part of the default for me. Is there a file I should delete so when it loads next time these settings will be plugged in for all of the controls, or do I have to do this manually? I don't have a problem with doing them manually once, but I don't want to do it again when your final version comes out.

3. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to start "boulder dash". It just keeps playing the title screen no matter what I do on the XBox controller or in the keypad screen.

1. Uggghh forgot about that. laugh.gif I only sent you the executable. Easiest thing would be to do it manually from the main configuration menu and have it save those settings for ALL configurations.

Sorry about that. I had not settled on a configuration yet so the emu has different ones built in compared to what I have now. I didn't exactly have any beta testers to give me advice on gamepad configuration so I've been kinda winging it.

3. You have to hold down the start button, or at least press it down a few times (2-3 seconds each press). It's one of the slower games. I think I also set the pop-up pad so it holds down the correct amount of time so it might be easier that way. Oddly enough some games require the # key to be pressed to start. I have black and white assigned to # and *.

4. A trait of colecovision games. Several games display that screen for a certain number of seconds before you can start. Annoying, I know... sad.gif

#45 micster

micster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

This is so wonderful, thanks ressurectionx!

I just got everything downloaded and tested and it is working great. You saved me untold hours.

I ran into a snag though.... my xbox is out of hard drive space so I decided to only use the English games to save space. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to slim down the artwork and video previews to only include the matching English box art and game previews. Any suggestions on how to do this?

I used your English datafile and that worked for the ROMs, leaving me with just the 700 odd titles. I've been thinking maybe I should try and write a script that will search through the artwork folders and compare what it finds there to the English ROMs that are left and move any that match. I'm not very good at writing scripts though.

Perhaps someone has a better suggestion? If not I guess I might just separate them manually. I mean you've already compiled everything into one nice and neat pile, how long could it possibly take to sort 700 titles?

Wish me luck.

Edited by micster, 13 September 2008 - 02:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users