X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Nov 8 2008, 06:01 AM) View Post

Yeah Soldier Of Fortune is just one of those things I chalked up to screen tearing. laugh.gif I get so used to that kinda stuff sometimes I forget to look for it.

lol, yea thats actually what i thought it was at first, but thats some massive tearing! laugh.gif I looked into it and thats when i found out about the vdp issue, and ever since then, its been killing me to get fixed. Ive never been so dilligent to get something fixed and i dont know why. i guess sometime we just got our little things that annoy us. laugh.gif

sorry rx ill keep your thread on-topic, lol.

XT-

Edited by XTecuterX73, 08 November 2008 - 11:55 AM.

#452 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

Been looking thru the Atari 2600 videos (emumovies) and alot of them are lacking in the sound area. Either certain sounds are missing or really low in volume. Not really sure why maybe they were recorded on an older emu. Who knows.

Putting together a list. I'm not sure when I'll get to them though. I need to wrap up the colecovision videos since they kinda filled up my writable DVD's.

#453 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

Hey XT,

No worries man. Talk about anything you want to here. Just keep it emu related. I have way too much politics and other crap in real life, and would hate to be the one who hosted any of that BS.

I must be blind or something guys. I'm sure that I'd see the tearing now if I looked at it, but when you've gone through literally more than 6,000 to 8,000 games, documented the findings, made or compiled the art and all the extras, I guess I just haven't really taken the time to "smell the roses". I honestly can't remember the last time I actually sat down to play a game. This takes up almost all of my free time, and after a while I guess you just kinda get in a zombified state while testing. (Sometimes I've done it nearly 18 hours straight, when I get on a roll, with little break in between) For the most part, as long as it loads and is playable I don't really give it a second thought. I try to document any problems I see, but I'm sure some just fall through the cracks. If it's in my lists, it means that I played for a few minutes, navigated through the menus to actual gameplay and that it is at least playable and doesn't freeze your Box, go to a blank screen, or just kick you back into the romlist.

Then again, I've never been Mr Observant. To tell you the truth XT, I never had a single problem with the NES pallet choice before you mentioned it and worked with madmab in his beginning XPORT efforts. Now I can tell a world of difference and when I saw how much nicer Faxanadu (my favorite NES game) looked, I quickly learned to value your judgement on those matters. We all got our nitche around here, and though it hasn't been given a priority in the recent emulation improvements, gameplay is really what it should be all about, right?

I guess I just have come to terms with the fact that if most things haven't been fixed by now, they probably won't be, or at least it's certain that they will never be on my schedule. That's not that they cannot be, but that many don't take the time to do what you're doing. Most people (me included) just get pissed off that some of our favorite games don't work perfect, or at all..... like Time Lord.

I'm glad you're noticing things like that, and if you truly have fixes in mind it makes it all worth it.

Here's me looking forward to playing a perfect version of Soldiers of Fortune with my bro for the first time in a decade with a non-tearing experience. cool.gif

~Rx

Hey madmab,

Rewritable DVD's.... HAHAHAHAHAHA.....Gay... (Me doing my best Cartman impersonation on a thread cool.gif )
Sorry... been on a South Park kick recently....

You gotta do it like me man. My processor, motherboard, memory, soundcard and graphics card are older than the Personal Computer, but I've got about 2.5 TB of harddrive space to play with. (I spent the weekend organizing things and backing up some stuff I don't use and I went from having 20GB free space to 75GB free space WOO HOO!)

For shits and giggles, I should do a file count on all my hard drives and tell you what I find. I'd estimate that just my Xtras work and their backups, and the backups of the versions I've provided for download come to a grand total of somewhere over 50,000 files.

That's just the stuff I've painstakenly organized and named by hand. (Which I happily share with all of you and hope you share with others so NOBODY EVER HAS TO DO ANY OF THIS AGAIN!!!!!!) And I'd bet there's twice as much stuff that's haphazardly thrown about on my 4 hard drives that still needs sorting through.

Might I suggest that there is so much to do that we focus on what hasn't been done yet, and then go back and finalize the videos, especially for the large rombase systems? I know you say making videos doesn't take time away from what you're much better suited to do, but as you know the 2600 has TONS of videos that are already made and you could find yourself spending countless hours redoing work that has already been done, albeit beneath your standards. It's all up to you man, and I'm not trying to push you into or out of anything....

If we do a complete set now, I'll release it, and then down the road I will release new videosets for the 2600 that can just be copied over the old files easily since they're the same name. Just a thought.

Later,
~Rx

#454 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:49 AM

For stuff I cannot record on a PC based emulator I load up on my xbox and use my DVD-recorder to record. I then import them into my PC and go from there. The Adam stuff took up three DVD's (a limitation on directory entries on the DVD).

As for the 2600 the whole point of the preview is to determine if a game is worth playing. Well IMHO alot of those emu's reduce the appeal of alot of the games. Whether it is the lack of showing any decent gameplay, or sounds missing that should be there, thus making the game to appear less than what it really is.

FWIW my plan has always been to start with the missing ones before getting to the ones I want to replace. I was reviewing the existing ones during my free time at work. It's really irritating to see these half assed efforts where it is obvious the guy just went in and recorded 30-40 seconds without, at the very least, trying to learn the game a little before actually recording.

#455 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:00 AM

I see what you're saying man. Good on you if you want to take all that extra time on it.

FWIW?

#456 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

FWIW -> For What It's Worth.

#457 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(madmab @ Nov 10 2008, 01:25 AM) View Post

FWIW -> For What It's Worth.

O. GI. ISHK. IDGMOTSAINUTSYDI. W.... YOIWALHM!

Oh. Got It. I should have known. I don't get most of that shorthand and I'm not used to seeing you do it.

Well.... your opinion is worth a lot here man!

#458 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:30 PM

OMG d00d3 5horthand = total 0wnag3. I'm da Hack0rz.. laugh.gif

CU L8R.

Edited by madmab, 10 November 2008 - 09:32 PM.

#459 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

Awwwww... you're better at that than I am..... mad.gif

#460 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

Hey REZ~X, and the others,
Just to say, THE BEST VIDEOGAMES PREVIEWS VIDEOS OF THE WEB ARE HERE:

SCREWATTACK VIDEOS

The screwattacks videos are just awesome!! it shows the hotpoints of the games (not only the first stage)with lot of humour and Stuttering Craig is the best commentator ever!a great voice! (not a sluggish and fatguy slow voice)
You can download the videos in wmv (wmv9 exactly),so, easy to convert them in xmv
I have converted all the snes videos he made, and it's just awesome in zsnexbox with the dual preview/boxart!
He has also lot of nes and genesis videos, can't wait for the dual preview/boxart neogenesis and mednafenXnes
love.gif love.gif love.gif

Edited by gilles9999, 12 November 2008 - 08:08 PM.

#461 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:02 AM

"Being classy is overrated....... I'm going to Hooters!"

Lode Runner

Heh... pretty good.

How many videos does he/do they have for each system?

I wouldn't replace the regular previews with them, but I wouldn't mind adding them either. Maybe we should consider an "alternate video" folder that we could tell the emulator to play if there is one instead of the standard video. That guy obviously put a lot of work in his videos, and if you got them ready to go I don't see a reason not to add them. Pretty unique feature.

We should ask Madmab what he thinks.

Later,
~Rx

PS... I just tested the links that nate said were having problems on megaupload and it seems it might have been system maintenance. I don't think they've dumped any of my uploads yet. Let me know if anybody has problems with any megaupload links.

#462 nate1579

nate1579

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:58 AM

i got them downloaded now guess they it was just maintenance good news is i also got xmugen working lol so how the ressurectionxtras coming

#463 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:53 AM

UPDATE: Finished testing and making artwork for Sega Master System/Game Gear/SG-1000.

#464 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

Anybody know where to find PSX title/action screenshots?

#465 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

I don't know about finding them in a pack but, I hand made mine. I only have like 20 games though.

How many are you talking about? Are you looking to put together an Xtras or just something small?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users