X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

Hey Rx,
ohmy.gif laugh.gif Don't worry, I'm actually relieved. I was just about to test all the roms I picked out,
But I have already made a full set of dats before I though that I needed to do this.
So, I should be able to wrap it up a lot easier now,

Thanks

#557 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:36 AM

That's a relief...... I didn't want to make a ton of extra work for ya. cool.gif

Even better if it makes it easier for you. I know it won't be the easiest thing in the world for people to get a full set right now because a lot of the translations are hard to find and a lot of the hacks are unobtainable at all now unless you learn how to patch, but these things have a way of making their way into the mainstream eventually. When they do, we got all the Xtras for them.

I'll have to send you the synopsis when I'm done working on it a bit more tonight. Looks really cool and has most of the games through B now with all of the hacks and translations and FDS games too.

Later,
~Rx

#558 nate1579

nate1579

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

so i guess its videos are good to get now and artwork which emulate are you using btw

sorry been gone awhile i turned my computer into my tv with a capture card 20 dollars at that man its was a great deal

#559 ataxiariot

ataxiariot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

RessurectionX, thanks so much, as well as everyone else who helped out. I've been trying to get my XBox to perfection when it comes to emulators, and I was waiting on this, as well as CoinOpsGold and I'm finally set! Thanks again guys!

#560 ataxiariot

ataxiariot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

I'm going to seem like an idiot but I have a quick question.

I downloaded the DAT files first, to change all the names of my romset (I've had a complete NES romset for years now).
So I opended up Romcenter, loaded up the DAT file "All NES Roms" and set it to the right rom folder. It doesn't change the names at all, and all of the new DAT file names come up under "Missing Games"

Sorry to be a pain but can someone help me out a little with this?

#561 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:32 AM

Hey ataxiariot,

First, you should have your roms zipped up. Don't know if you do or not already.

Second, you may have to wait until MM?'s dats come out because I use a lot of old roms that aren't even found in the TOSEC collection.

It should rename about half of your roms though.

What exactly is the problem you're having and what you're seeing?

There are going to be a lot of hacks and translations that you won't have too. I patched a lot of them by hand because there weren't any roms available. Hack patches can be found in the information column of my spreadsheets. You're on your own patching though. It's not especially tricky, but not something that I really want to get into teaching. Plenty of documentation of it on the net.

~Rx

#562 justgoonies

justgoonies

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:15 AM

Rx, Mega Man, etc,

Great work on the videos and box art, everything looks like its coming together nice. Cant wait for the updated emulator to see the NES at its best!!!!! biggrin.gif

#563 ataxiariot

ataxiariot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

RX- Thanks so much for the quick response. I really appreciate you helping everyone who's not 100% on doing this.

First, My roms are unfortunately not zipped. They are all ".nes" files. This is how I've always used them with all NES emulators.
So I'm guessing that is the problem, and I'm guessing I'm going to have to zip all 950 individually, aren't I? Is there a way to select many files at a time, and have them create their own zip files individually?

Second, even if you have a lot of roms I don't, that's not a big deal. For my specific files it should still rename them, I believe (I might be wrong here. Are we talking about the fact that they may be different versions of the same games?)

Basically, in Romcenter, I select your dat file, and my roms folder. I press "Go", and in the right window (where you normally have the renamed files) I have nothing at all under "Playable Games", or "Incomplete Games". The only thing that has any files is the category "Missing Games", in which it names all your files.

Crappy. So yeah - I'm guessing it's the non-zipped thing. During the summer, when videos were released for SNES and Sega Genesis, I just downloaded complete torrents of everything (emulators, games and artwork/videos) already configured, made sure it had all the games I had (and added any that were missing), and I fear that's how this will go for me here as well, unless I can get my hands on a program that makes a duplicate zip file of each existing file.

Edited by ataxiariot, 17 December 2008 - 08:49 AM.

#564 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

Hey ataxiariot, First things first,

You have "winzip" right? Highlight all of the roms you want to zip and right click "add to archive" A window will pop up. Click the 3rd tab at the top named "files". At the bottom, look at the two boxes. Check the "put each file to separate archive" box only. make sure you are creating zipped files and not rar files (if you have winrar)
go back to the first top tab to check, named "General". Make sure the archive format is checked "ZIP"

Second, Wait for my dat file to come out and try it as well. If you have a random collection of roms, You may have to use Rx's and my dat to get the most out of your roms for the Xtras. I will be finishing my dat probably by tonight. cool.gif

Go back and try an older version of Romcenter. The format varies from version to version and some of the features you are talking about, I am not even familiar with anymore. I use "Romcenter 2.71" and I believe Rx's tutorial (on the front page) was made with the same version.

You can do it man, just be patient and read carefully. cool.gif

Hey Rx,

I am almost done with my dats. When I am done, the folks with a good set should be able to get every licensed game on the list except, Twin bee I (couldn't find a working version in there huh.gif )
I'll IM you with more info.

#565 ataxiariot

ataxiariot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

Mega Man(?) - Thanks so much! I did that (wasn't sure Winzip could do that multi-file thing).
I re-did the files as Zip files, and put them through Romcenter - about 40 out of the 900 were found, so I'll definitely take your advice and wait for your dat file.
I am interested in why this current DAT file wouldn't find all the roms if they are the same? If I remember correctly, I put all my SNES/N64/Sega roms through it and they all seemed fine.
Also - the Romcenter I am using is 2.71 - I specifically got it because of the tutorial.
I might have just explained it foolishly.

Thanks alot for helping, I'll be back to look for your DAT file soon

#566 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

It doesn't find yours because it's looking for a specific CRC for the game. There can be 40 CRCs for a game and if you don't have the right one it won't find it. I have no clue what the problem is with your roms that you can only get 40 of them to match though. Quite a few of mine are not even in the TOSEC collection, so that doesn't surprise me, but I would think that you should get at least 1/3 if not 1/2 of them going.

I'd just wait till MM releases his dat and try it. I'm having a feeling that you're going to have to get new roms too though. I recommend finding the latest goodset you can find and running them through MM's datfile.

Later,
~Rx

#567 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

comp.gif Beep.... comp.gif Beep... comp.gif Beep...

beerchug.gif DING!!!....

Dats done gift.gif : Mega Man (?) RXtras NES Datfiles (12-17-08)

Hey Rx,
I think I made it count. I made a nice little (neutral) Readme file as well to help these guys out with what the dats are and how to use them.

Hey ataxiariot,
I second Rx, If you are only finding about 40 now, my dats probably wouldn't help enough. Do yourself a favor. Get a Goodnes v3.14 (Goodset)

#568 nate1579

nate1579

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

Grabbing them now

beerchug.gif

#569 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

Let us know what you think nate. Sure would like to have some feedback from ya'all when you get a chance.

Just be sure you look at the last sheet of the NES compatibility spreadsheet to remove any of the Adult games if you desire. I tried my best to remove them all to a separate category that the user could then decide if they wanted them, but I missed at least 3 or 4 of them, as pointed out by Mega Man.

Damn.... I spent all that time taking it slow and rushed it at the end to get the release out before Christmas... oh well. I'll just have to let people know which ones to remove. We're still adding games as we speak here. Any hack worthy of somebody taking the time to make the video for is welcome. Maybe there will be another NES release in the future. I just hope nobody starts seeding this now and putting half-assed torrents out there with this stuff now. Still plenty of work to go on before it's time to call it quits and let it out for other people to work on.

Maybe not perfect.... but damn sure sweet as she is, ain't she?

............ So...................... Who's up for Genesis next?

~Rx

#570 nate1579

nate1579

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

biggrin.gif dats are perfect mega man nes wise

the fds games are hard to find i got a pack of 199 fds games the dat don't like nay of them

on a side note i will have to make a video of super Mario rpg legend of the seven stars i tried all the website i could think of just have to wait to get a replacement rca cable for my xbox sad.gif

I looking in the future to help but college kids hard to do lol i love the project though
the main things im waiting on after this is
PlayStation art work
sega genesis
game boys

Edited by nate1579, 17 December 2008 - 07:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)