ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:34 AM

UPDATES: I've completley finished testing for Sega Genesis/Sega CD/32x, TurboGrafx 16/TurboGrafx CD and Sega Master System/Game Gear/SG-1000. This includes all of the foreign, translated, update hacks and any other roms that will be included in the Xtras. If anyone needs a datfile to make videos let me know.

I'm procrastinating now. I'm working on Gameboy and it's going to take me a few weeks/months I'm afraid. I saved the biggest and toughest job for testing for last (at least as far as the most popular systems go).

I've got about 400 games tested and the titleshots and action shots for them too. Just about 300 more for Gameboy.... then about 600 for gameboy color, and another 1000 for gameboy advance..........

......... blink.gif

#602 funkydub

funkydub

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

How would I go about making screenshots work with xports ST emu?

I have all the screens from the gamebase. Do they have to be named 0001.png? and in a folder.

Is there some way to batch convert ?

#603 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:27 AM

Well I would say download my Gamebase ST picture pack from the xbox repository, but unfortunately that site is no more... sad.gif

#604 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

Yes funkydub,

Unfortunately, you need to have the set converted first before it works. I don't know if I'll ever get around to the Atari ST though, so that one might be left undone until somebody else works on it. I've got a lot of other emulators to complete right now and it's not even on my radar. Hopefully somebody reads this that grabbed madmabs old version of this that isn't available anymore

~Rx

#605 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

Hey MM,

I know you said you had some cart art for Gameboy.... do you know where I can find full GBC and Gameboy boxart sets? I don't need GBA boxart. I'm about halfway done with GBC testing now.

Thanks,
~Rx

#606 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

Hey Rx,

I have a pack of GB/GBC snaps-titles-and box art. It has about 250 GB and 250 GBC boxes (that aren't duplicates of themselves.) I got it from a usual place, and you probably already have it.

Nice work on the testing! You are getting through
it surprisingly fast (due to your dedication cool.gif )

EDIT: Oh, also my personal collection of 250 (go figure) GBC box scans that I hand picked from moby games.

Edited by Mega Man (?), 06 January 2009 - 01:04 AM.

#607 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:37 AM

Hook me up since you have stuff you got on your own too?

Yeah.... testing is going pretty fast. A lot of GBC games seem to run just a little slow, and about 20 of them flicker if there is too many sprites on the screen. I'm wondering if there is a way around that. Overall though GBC is pretty good compatibility wise. I did a lot of the setup before so it was just a matter of running through them now. I've finished my first run through them, so I have about 100 or so to still go through.

Then it's on to the GBA which has a crazy amount of 1,000 or so games. That will probably take at least two weekends by itself.

Later,
~Rx

#608 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

OK, I'll send you what I have put together. You want that pack too?

#609 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:14 AM

Sure... zip it all together. Thanks man. I'll probably get around to doing them tonight when I get bored of testing.

Later,
~Rx

#610 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

Here you go Rx biggrin.gif : MMQuestion - GB Art Collection
I just checked the "pack" and the box art doesn't have very good quality unsure.gif , but all my stuff is good.
I got every cart "mobygames" had for GB and GBC (pretty sure). I stopped around "T" for GBA. I also got things from other places, including Ebay and then edited many, (cropping for shape and fixing color /contrast on ones that made them look better) in my collection.

#611 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

Thanks man,

I pretty much have GB and GBC done now as far as testing goes. Got a titleshot and action shot for all of them along the way too. Tons of work left on the artwork though. I should have an idea of how many videos need to be made in the near future.

I want us to focus on just the headline info in the synopsis for now. The text information can come later. I have some great ideas of what we can do with sorting, but it won't work until we have a basic synopsis that's similar to what we have for MAME emulators now. We'll save the rest of the text stuff for last. I'll figure out how it should go from here out in a few days and post it on the synopsis thread. Don't undo any of the work you've already done though. I will add any full synopsis stuff that somebody already did.

Later,
~Rx

#612 althena

althena

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Videogames (from the good old 8Bit-Times up to now), Mangas, Animes, Cinema, meeting friends, sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I don't feel like reading through 41 pages right now rolleyes.gif

I am really interested in having a look at those lists, but it seems that you must have a Google account to look at them, no matter which system I click, I am asked to log into a Google account or to create one.
Is there a way to avoid this, I don't want a Google account just for looking at those emulator lists and also otherwise am not interested in having such an account? dry.gif

#613 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:10 AM

I don't know. I have them shared which should mean that everyone has the ability to view them. If not, maybe you need to have an account. Nothing I can do about it then. I used to have them open for editing by anyone, but somebody vandalized one of them so now they're all only viewable by anyone.

#614 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

The lists work without an account,
Rx, has not given access to the "SG-1000-MasterSystem/GameGear" and some of the "Other Emulators" .
(Rx, you probably just over looked the option on those.)

Althena, try any others, I am sure they will work, and Rx will fix the ones that don't soon. smile.gif

#615 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know I've been using the new GBA beta and Gilles dynamic skin for testing and it works great. The only lock ups I get are due to the roms themselves being bad, I believe. Nothing acting funny or buggy with either the emu or the skin from what I can tell. I'm not testing synopsis, document viewing, rewind right now, but as far as navigating through the menus and selecting games, taking screenshots and saving/loading games everything seems to be working just fine.

Great job guys!

BTW Gilles, I did not experience any problems at all porting my personally saved configuration from emu to emu and starting it right up. We did it! It works just like I wanted it to now.

UPDATES:

I've basically finished testing and collecting action/title screenshots for GB and GBC now. I've also done the same for 200-300 GBA games. Who knows how many I'll actually get to before I quit for the night. It's going better than I thought... I'm really spending a lot more time on it than I thought I would... but I have taken breaks and played a few of the GBA games. Some of them are really great. Nice to see some games I'd actually want to play after the tedium of testing GB and GBC with about 95% of the library something I probably would not play with all the other games and systems we have out there.

I've got a 4 day weekend coming up and I hope to wrap up the artwork and testing for all of Gameboy then. This is really exciting because (minus arcade games) this marks the last major emu that needed to be tested and it is also by far the emu with the largest library.

Just need more help with videos while I wrap that up and get to work on manuals and synopsis collecting.

HELP US MAKE SOME VIDEOS!!!!!!!!! cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users