3326 replies to this topic

#691 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:22 AM

umk3 trilogy is a great hack and really could have been sold standalone release.
i also just found a hack of mk2 called umk2 works fine on neogensis.

#692 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

Where were you with that info 20 hours ago before I started packing all this up man? cool.gif

UPDATE:

Genesis is done and uploaded. Links are on the front page. Here they are as well:

Sorry.... no UMK2 or UMK3 hacks included.

#693 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 26 2009, 06:04 PM) View Post

Any ideas?
EDIT: Well, I fixed it..... but it's kind of a scary fix (Or, more accurately, it's scary that this fixed the problem). As far as I remember, these roms used to work in the directory I had them in, but now for some reason they didn't.

I changed the directory from "(3) Update Hacks" to "(3) Updates" and now it works just fine.

Weird..... I'd still like to hear any ideas on what happened there.

~Rx
I looked at the space trimming code and I don't see any issues. Even tried renaming one of my directories to "(3) Update Hacks" and it still worked properly.. Odd.. unsure.gif

Genesis videos!! laugh.gif I still need to get the NES videos over to my xbox.

Edited by madmab, 28 January 2009 - 04:32 AM.

#694 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Jan 27 2009, 08:08 PM) View Post
Genesis videos!! laugh.gif I still need to get the NES videos over to my xbox.

[In a droning voice] All work and no Videos will make you a "mad" mab. jester.gif
Madmab, you are like me, I didn't even "technically" own my own Xbox, until recently. I have been always working off my brother's and my cousin's
Xbox [the true benefactors laugh.gif ] this whole time. I know, I know, some of you may find this, sac-religious. Get those vids, you deserve it to yourself. cool.gif

#695 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:48 AM

Please feel free guys to let me know of roms that should be added or any bugs (misnamed or duplicate roms). I probably won't re-upload things here since it took me a whole day of uploading to get this stuff now, but I do plan on releasing all of this somewhere else down the road in a much more user-friendly environment.

Try not to post everything individually though. If you have some suggestions, bundle them up and send them my way. I'm keeping a to-do list and I will make fixes eventually.

I think I'll just do some more PSX testing so I can free up more space on my XBox now that my weekend is winding down. Just freed up 16GB of space on the hard drive which is nice, because I've been precariously hanging on the 1GB free space cliff for the last few months with all these extras. (I was getting tired of having to figure out which PSX game I wanted to remove this time to add some new videos). 500GB seems like a lot until you try to put the PSX collection on your drive.

The sad thing is, I probably haven't even tested half of them yet. (I've been testing PSX games on again, off again for the last 2 years)

Maybe next weekend I'll make another attempt at finishing the GBA collection.

Later,
~Rx

#696 snoopy12533

snoopy12533

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

every time i use the snes or nes dats on my roms i can never get them all. I have complete goodsets NES 3.14 and SNES 2.04 anyone care to shed some light on my dilemma.

#697 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

If you read a little bit back in this thread, a lot of this is stated pretty good. After that, maybe come back with some "specific" question that you still want to know.

Edit: I also included a README file with my NES alt-dats that gets fairly specific on this matter. cool.gif

Edited by Mega Man (?), 29 January 2009 - 09:09 AM.

#698 VICIOSU2783

VICIOSU2783

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

twin hawk art missing & Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball miss spelled

thanx ressurectionx & team for making this possible

#699 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

GENESIS VIDEOS!!!!!!!
YOUHOU!!! thanks guys! even if the over xbox forum members will have to wait for the madmab future releases
to enjoy the power of the dual genesis videos/boxarts display!

For the xbox scene members: believe me, the waiting is worth the price.
It will be by far THE MOST IMPRESSIVE EMULATION EXPERIENCE EVER EXISTED (in any system)

Edited by gilles9999, 29 January 2009 - 09:04 PM.

#700 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the props and the information VICIOSU2783. cool.gif

Heh... I remember when I was in college and my friend told me about a way to play Nintendo on my PC. Thought it was funny as hell to see the icon of a MSPaint doodle of deez nutz for that awesome program Nesticle that let me play all of the games I remember playing back in the day.

It was many years later that we even saw an Atari 7800 emulator (The one we got on the Box plays every damn game except my favorite Xenophobe!!!!!!! SOMEBODY FIX IT!!!!!!)

We're like the team with no name.

No leader....

No one better than anyone else....

Nobody accusing anyone else of not doing their fair share....

No divas... jester.gif

Just some people wanna get it done.

And who are in some cases giving away weeks or months or years of free time to give what is going to be the ultimate emulation experience to everyone. I don't know the names. I don't know a lot of our predesessors at all by internet name let alone real name.

It doesn't matter, and ours won't 10 years from now either.....

Just cool to be a part of it now. cool.gif

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 30 January 2009 - 07:18 PM.

#701 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Great speech Rx wink.gif

So... has anyone out there tried the Genesis xtras yet? I know that the new emus aren't out yet but, my suggestion is to get these on your box now. At least use what you can and have it ready for the new releases. It will still be awesome with just that. biggrin.gif

If so, how are peoples success with Rx's Gen datfile doing? I know there are some different sets out there and I would like to know which ones do better. I have had a few variant results with different ones.

I am working on an alt-dat (that has taken me going on 5 days) to work in conjunction with the latest "Goodset". I don't know if there is a bigger set out there (currently) like TOSEC for Genesis? (Is there?) Even with the latest Goodset, I have become keen enough to notice that there are things that aren't in the Goodset, that must have existed else where. (like only one version of some games when there are usually several)

Goodset may not have (technically) every known version, but I think it is the most popular (attempted complete) set. I would just like to here some feedback before I wrap up my dats and release them.

Thanks

#702 UCBeef

UCBeef

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:05 AM

First off I just want to tip my hat to you guys for the EXTREME amount of work you guys have done. I for one definitely owe you guys a round of beers. I definitely understand the amount of time you guys have devoted to this project and I really can't thank you guys enough.

I just wanted to comment on the Genesis Dat file. I have multiple sets of Roms for Genesis but can only get about 394 of them recognized. I am not very familiar with Romcenter, other than the wonderful tutorial that was posted from day 1, so I haven't made any attempts to organize them the way you guys have. But since Mega Man is asking for feedback I figured I would let you know my results.

#703 VICIOSU2783

VICIOSU2783

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:11 AM

some more misspelled

Buck Rogers Countdown To Doomsday

long game actually called link dragon

http://www.genesisco...hp?GameLink=910

NHL Hockey '92 dupe i think nhl 93 to NHLPA Hockey 93 maybe

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/NHL_series

sorry im a perfectionist by trait

#704 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

Hey Viciosu2783,
This is what I like to see. (even though now these things need to be corrected.) You need to bring that perfection and help with making videos for the project or something, man. cool.gif

Hey UCBeef,
Thanks for the support. This gives me a little more insight and confidence that my (similar findings) are not alone. my dat will be out soon for you to try.

Guys, the naming issues will have to stay for now, but I will try to fix the NHL dupe (and any others) in my dat.
Of course, you can always go in and fix the naming issues for your self, just match your rom with the video and artwork folders. After all, the Rxtras have already given you an unimaginable head start, regardless. biggrin.gif

Thanks guys, keep the feedback coming. smile.gif

#705 nate1579

nate1579

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

madmab thanks that fixed the artwork problem

megaman hows the dats coming

btw a few months ago ro so i said i had a problem with super mario rpg

one of my kids turned all the cheats on for that game
turned them all of it fixed it i only have like 5 cheats on there guess thats why i couldnt tell they were cheats

great work so far keep it up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users