X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:07 AM

I dont need anything you have so what do I need.I just call it like I see it.And it was something that needed to be said I am not mad at you but am dissappointed in your actions.I say they are a bunch of bitches for helping you when you ask that way it is apparent that they have no backbone or spine.If anyone has a problem with it I will give out my address and you can come get some if you want to but I figure noone will ask judging a book by its cover I would say they are cowards and need to stand up for themselves

I will say again I like you alot but this is just plain wrong and you know it.I know I am not the only one who thinks this way just the only one that has the balls to say it.

Edit
To each his own I just thought it was a little out of charater for you to have the demands you have that is not the impression you have ever given me before you always have been one of my favorite people here and this has not changed anything.And I have a policy I broke by speaking up one thing I learned in 5 years worth of prison.You cant help the people that wont help themselves.It is apparent that you are the wolf and they are the sheep.Thats the way of the world.I will still link you my rework for xports super nintendo I want to havew this project but anything I do must be available to everyone no strings attached.Everything I can do I owe to the site anything I will do in the future I owe to the site.And anything I do will be repayment for the knowledge I picked up here.My knowledge belongs to the scene.

Edited by run088, 18 September 2008 - 03:26 AM.

#62 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:11 AM

I'm not even reading that post because it was written before I updated mine and just skimming it is pissing me off again.

Go ahead and poll the thread.

If you all want me to leave, I'll pack up and go. I thought something good was happening here.

~Rx

#63 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

I was in my feeliings the same way that you were and did not catch your edit until mine posted.So now mine is edited.I like you and I dont want to argue I appreciate what your trying to do but I dissagree with your method.I did not lose respect for you but I did lose respect for the people who are following your lead.And encourage them to grow a set of nuts and be a man dont let anyone bully you.And if I didnt say anything I could never link my stuff to you because it would make me the same level as the rest of them.Now that its said and I can put myself in a different class of people.But I still cant get it uploaded right mega upload freezes up everytime the best Ive got it to is 14%.This is the first thing I have ever uploaded so I dont know if I am doing it right.If worse comes to worse I will put it on My Space and let someone grab it and upload it properly from there.I did take your advice but I still am freezing after 3 days of trying.

Edited by run088, 18 September 2008 - 03:49 AM.

#64 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:05 AM

I have all the world of respect for people contributing to this project. I think you and I just have a different view on things. I've never got the impression that anyone felt I was bullying them. The only argument I've gotten in here at all through the project is with you speaking on everyone elses behalf. If you want to classify yourself as above the people who have created 50 or hundreds of videos, or the people still coding, or the people making these awesome skins, please feel completely free to. I think you're in the minority there though.

I look forward to getting your screen alterations so people can use them with XPORTs emu too. But don't kid yourself when you say this isn't tough work and ask "what have you done?". What I've done is spent a majority of my free time on this project for the last two years and lost touch with a lot of people I used to hang out with all the time. I obsess over this and I've put a lot of my life on hold to see it through.

When I start sitting on my ass barking orders and doing nothing, then we'll talk. But as it is now, I'm completing the control/sound configurations for Colecovision today and will upload them so madmab can have his games working perfectly on startup. This was nearly 6 hours of work so far and I'm only 2/3rds the way done. I don't even play Colecovision. I had an Atari 5200 and 7800 with my bros growing up. Even then, my brother never plays atari. He's all about Nintendo and higher.

Just another thing I've done for somebody else that I could have just let them spend 10 hours doing themselves.

I take care of people who take care of me. Maybe you need to read more posts before throwing judgement around where it's not due.

Now please, unless you have something nice to say, keep this thread on topic. It's been derailed enough, and you're making me want to shut down the project. I didn't do all this work to be talked to like that.
~Rx

EDITED TO ADD: I just read this:

Edit

To each his own I just thought it was a little out of charater for you to have the demands you have that is not the impression you have ever given me before you always have been one of my favorite people here and this has not changed anything.And I have a policy I broke by speaking up one thing I learned in 5 years worth of prison.You cant help the people that wont help themselves.It is apparent that you are the wolf and they are the sheep.Thats the way of the world.I will still link you my rework for xports super nintendo I want to havew this project but anything I do must be available to everyone no strings attached.Everything I can do I owe to the site anything I will do in the future I owe to the site.And anything I do will be repayment for the knowledge I picked up here.My knowledge belongs to the scene.

I don't have 5 years in prison, so it's hard for me to empathize with your point of view here. I'd like to think of myself more as a shepherd than a wolf though. My intention is not to slave drive anybody here, and I think if they thought I was doing that, they would tell me to :censored: off. Nobody's told me that.

Sure, I've got a headstrong way about doing things, but there are great things happening that wouldn't have happened if nobody stepped up and started putting the pieces together. All I'm doing is suggesting the direction of things. This is no sweat shop. I'm not paying anyone anything. I'm not making any money here.

Bottom line is, be a part of the project or don't. I'm certainly not changing my policy on account of you, so you can either help out, or you can wait until everything is done. Doesn't effect me either way. And if nobody wants to help out, then I will recriprocate that notion.

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 18 September 2008 - 04:10 AM.

#65 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:36 AM

I just want to know what your going to do if xports emulators cant play the videos?It seems it maybe a waste of work and time.And until it is able to happen it is a worthless cause.Dont be under the impression because znes does it that it is possible on everything else.

here is an example of what my point is

Would you go buy a pair of tires for a car you dont have and only are thinking of buying?

Or due you buy the car first then worry about the tires?

Now that you have the tires for the car that you dont own.You go to buy the car and find out it is totaled.So there is no car.Now if thats what happens what are you going to do with the set of tires you dont need.It is unwise to put all your eggs in one basket.And it is unfair to madmab to put him under the gun with the pressure to do it.And he did not need the incentive of the screenshots he is one of the former members of the repository he has always helped me out when I asked and I believe he would not be any different to anyone else.But if you wanted to show him some love I believe the way to his heart is the 5200 not the colecovision.I believe the colecovision is for us "the scene".The 5200 was his 1st project and I am betting there was a reason or method behind it.Food for thought on the proper way to work people using people skills is all I am saying.

#66 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:58 AM

umm I just read the last few posts and am not sure what exactly just happened... perhaps some PM's went down? From what I understand is that run088 doesn't like the fact that Rx is requesting that people upload videos for his "project"?

It's Ironic because about 2 weeks ago I typed out about a 10paragraph long post about why I disagreed with people like Rx and Sotu saying things like "I've put in over 2,000 hours of my life into my XBox, and you're damn right I'm going to get something in return for my time." After I re-read what I wrote though I felt that it was better left unsaid and therefore did not post it.

However, now that I see run088's views on what I think is to be a similar matter... again, correct me if I'm wrong about what it was he was referring to, his initial post seemed to come from left field and perhaps there were some underlying tension.

Anyways my two cents... very briefly. My opinion is that this scene is entirely open source and free and has been built by the selfless contributions of many. If you want to contribute then contribute... what Rx is trying to do is great, the icons and contributions that Sotu have made are great... but don't feed us the garbage that you're not going to make your work available if you don't get support. Make it available or hold it to yourself, it's entirely your call. But make a decision one way or the other, and don't make any conditions. Fact of the matter is, the majority of people are not going to contribute, they will take what has been given without giving anything in return, that's just how it is going to be. If your a "contributer" and don't like this than don't make your work public, in my view it's as simple as that...

It should be noted also that this "free choice" concept applies to the "lesser contributers" as well. If Rx requests that people help out and make some videos than they have the choice to either do so or not. If they choose to do so it is most likely because they support the progress and the direction the project is advancing in and therefore would like to contribute. If Run088 is implying what I think he is implying by calling everyone else "spineless" and saying that we should "grow a pair" I think he should seriously reconsider those sentiments... People who choose to meet the requests of Rx do so of their own free will. and most definitley would not look favorably upon Run088 implying that they are spineless, and that they have somehow lost his respect.

I for one respect most everyone on these forums. I feel that all contributions are great and add to the already great scene. However, I do not like how some people feel that they are owed something in return for their work. After working hard at something, it may almost be a natural feeling but people should realize that this is all open source stuff, people will contribute if they have the time and the motivation, but not because someone irks them along.

Not that I'm old or super experienced or anything, but as my time on these forums has evolved I have taken a back seat. I made a couple of skin mods earlier... and I think some people might have even used them at one point lol... but now, for the most part, I just help people who ask intelligent questions. I feel that I am still contributing in someway and that I am part of the scene. However I do wish more people would just take things for what they're worth and not expect so much in return.

QUOTE(run088 @ Sep 18 2008, 12:12 AM) View Post

I just want to know what your going to do if xports emulators cant play the videos?It seems it maybe a waste of work and time.And until it is able to happen it is a worthless cause.Dont be under the impression because znes does it that it is possible on everything else.

here is an example of what my point is
Would you go buy a pair of tires for a car you dont have and only are thinking of buying?
Or due you buy the car first then worry about the tires?
Now that you have the tires for the car that you dont own.You go to buy the car and find out it is totaled.So there is no car.Now if thats what happens what are you going to do with the set of tires you dont need.It is unwise to put all your eggs in one basket.And it is unfair to madmab to put him under the gun with the pressure to do it.And he did not need the incentive of the screenshots he is one of the former members of the repository he has always helped me out when I asked and I believe he would not be any different to anyone else.But if you wanted to show him some love I believe the way to his heart is the 5200 not the colecovision.I believe the colecovision is for us "the scene".The 5200 was his 1st project and I am betting there was a reason or method behind it.Food for thought on the proper way to work people using people skills is all I am saying.

Hey man, I think that the underlying thought process behind this is that because some xport emulators have been given the ability to run preview videos all of them can, since from my understanding there would be some sort of similiarity amongst the code for these emulators. In this case it would be easier to make the videos now and to have them when the time comes, than to have an option available with no videos in which to use...

#67 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:07 AM

I'm done talking about it. If you don't like it my way, tough titty.

What you say C2W and what run is saying are two totally different but equally annoying things. Either contribute or don't. You were a big backer of BP not releasing his source until he was done. What do you think about him not releasing his new build until people test and make the keymapping fixes. How is that any different?

If you don't like it, don't post in here anymore. I don't care what either of you think since you're not contributing to the project. If somebody who is has something to say, I'll gladly talk to them about it, but as it stands, those who have contributed and continue to do so are the ones who are really supporting their work by doing things instead of doing a lot of talking. When sotu and gilles and madmab call me a bastard, I'll start listening.

I plan on releasing all the work, but it will be done on a system-by-system basis as they are COMPLETED.

End of story.

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 18 September 2008 - 06:13 AM.

#68 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:13 AM

I was not talking about the people with genuine interest only the ones that I think are participating that are doing so not out of there wants or desire or needs but his and his way he thinks everything should look and be for the future of the whole design.Which I admire in a way of the determination to do so but not at the expensive of my wants or needs or those of anybody elses for that matter.I dont want to see the outcome of everything come down to a strangle hold on screenshots.Which more and more becomes apparent.

#69 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:15 AM

I've laid out the terms. If you don't like them, then I recommend using the reposetory instead. There's plenty of incomplete versions out there that you can rename and work with on your own. I'm not keeping anybody else from having all of this stuff. It's all out there. You want to know "what have you done?"...... go ahead and re-do all the work I've already done instead of doing videos. Your choice.

#70 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

I got your PM run, and I'm going to post it here. I'm not calling you out or nothing. I appreciate the words, but I feel they should be said here, and mine as well.

I dont have a problem with you or the things you want or need.Much of them are the same as me.I really like you and consider you a friend or ally on the site.I think you are important to the scene.I just dont care for the way your doing it.You could have did the same thing but deceptively and noone would have known.I was just dissappointed in it and thought better of you thats why I spoke up.I will never speak of it again.Whats done is done.And if you need anything dont think I harbor grudges because I dont.I am here to help and I believe your here to do the same and thats what really counts.So sorry if I got under your skin.And truths for what its worth.

I do appreciate your concern, but deception isn't my game. I'm very proud of the work that I've done and I'm not asking for much in return, considering hours spent working. I don't want to see you go and I hope you'll help out. Like I said, I'm more than willing to share everything that I've done, but I'm just asking for help is all. If I didn't want to share, I wouldn't have started this in the first place.

I thought I was being pretty transparent here, but allow me to spill it out for everyone clearly.

I've done 95% of the organization work for major emus as far as purging bad roms, renaming everyting within FATX standards, making romnames and videos already created the exact same names so they load for the end user without any problems, tested compatibility of games, made some controller fixes (primarily in Colecovision now), I've collected extras and have had other users come to me with new extras to add to the collection, I've created a centralized place for anyone to get all this stuff, and I've shared it with everyone for free. All I want in return is help with the videos along the way. I put in an average of about 5 hours a day on this project. It's not like I'm sitting here doing nothing.

You haven't even checked out the ZSnesxbox Xtras on the emu it was intended for because you prefer the XPORT emulator. I can assure you it was worth the wait. I have a lot of people on threads and PM's thanking me for putting it together. I have also given thanks to everyone over and over again for their hard work and have never taken credit for things that I didn't personally do.

I don't know what more you want from me.

No hard feelings if you ain't got none....

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 18 September 2008 - 08:17 AM.

#71 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:42 AM

I have no hard feelings and meant what I said.

#72 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

Great to hear run. I don't have hard feelings either, and I also meant everything that I said.

I posted this in another thread to you about the future of XPORT skins, and wanted it said here also as well. I also mean every word of this as well.

I really think of us as a team. I tell my brother about what we've done and since he doesn't know much about any of this stuff he's amazed by what we've all done. There were people before us and there will be people after us doing this stuff. I don't favor anyone who is part of it then, now and in the future anymore than anyone else. We all do this because we want it to happen and we work together with the belief that some day it will be done.

Thank you everyone for working so hard on this. You all have talents in different areas that I could only wish I had. We all are great at doing what it is we do. Together, we'll make the XBox one of the things that even "pinks" talk about.

I look forward to seeing what it is we can make this black and green brick do.

Viva La XBox!
~Rx

Don't fight the tide man. Help out for the cause. I only have taken this task upon myself because I beileve in how much I've put into this project and the potential that we all have together to really push this to the limits.

Hope you're on board.

Take it easy,
~Rx

#73 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Sep 18 2008, 01:43 AM) View Post

I'm done talking about it. If you don't like it my way, tough titty.

What you say C2W and what run is saying are two totally different but equally annoying things. Either contribute or don't. You were a big backer of BP not releasing his source until he was done. What do you think about him not releasing his new build until people test and make the keymapping fixes. How is that any different?

If you don't like it, don't post in here anymore. I don't care what either of you think since you're not contributing to the project. If somebody who is has something to say, I'll gladly talk to them about it, but as it stands, those who have contributed and continue to do so are the ones who are really supporting their work by doing things instead of doing a lot of talking. When sotu and gilles and madmab call me a bastard, I'll start listening.

I plan on releasing all the work, but it will be done on a system-by-system basis as they are COMPLETED.

End of story.

~Rx

that's pretty much condenscending bull, holding one's opinion higher than another's... but ok.

As for your comparison, that is what I'm talking about actually... No where in my above post did I say that I was against what you were doing or that you requested people to help out... There's nothing wrong with any of that and why would there be? Your situation is the same as BP's in that the people helping you are doing so because they want to. This collaboration is great and what the scene is built upon... All I'm saying is that you or BP or anyone else should not expect everyone to contribute and should not be condenscending to everyone else. Nor should you threaten to withhold your work because of those people, either decide to release the project or don't. And don't permeate some high and mighty attitude and belief in your posts that since you put all this effort into something you deserve something in return, you do this because you think you are bettering the scene, not for compliments...

#74 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:47 AM

I agree with everything you said except why I'm witholding anything. Whether or not emu related stuff is complete is ouside of the scope of this. When the videos are made, I will release the work. That's it.

I am doing this to better the scene and it's working. Help out or don't. That's freedom, ain't it?

#75 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

Ok then I guess we're agreed, I never really blamed you or said that you were withholding the work for any given reason... just saying that its unfair to withhold, or threaten to withold, work simply for the fact that no one is helping. buy saying that you aren't going to do any videos and its up to everyone else to do them, and that you won't release anything until you have a complete set is ok in my book. just as long as you don't lash out at the masses if by chance there aren't enough people contributing to actually get the job done, complaining that you deserve the help since you did so much... thats all i'm saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users