stupot1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Hi All,
I just want to say how great it is that your updating all these emulators im a great retro fan & your dynamic skins are the nuts smile.gif i downloaded all your NES video's & artwork and they look spot on ive got a few more suggestions reguarding some NES games that are missing?? maybe you should give these a try -

Knight Lore (FDS)
Soloman's Key 2
Pac-Land
Yie Ar Kung-Fu

Thanx again for all your effort keep up the good work smile.gif
i cant wait for these emulators to be released

#812 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

Thanks man. You've got a lot to look forward to. I've added your suggestions to the list.

~Rx

#813 stupot1

stupot1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

by the way Galaxian (FDS) works good on the emulator if your interested????

#814 stupot1

stupot1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

soloman's key 2 is the same as fire n ice so don't bother with that one sorry

ive done all the video's for the NES games you posted about earlier & loads of extra ones -

Arkanoid II
Bokosuka Wars
Chack 'n Pop
Challenger
Devil World
Donkey Kong Country IV
Earthworm Jim II/III
Exed Exes
Fantasy Zone II
Final Mission
Galaxian
Gradius II
Grand Master
Green Beret
Hyper Sports
Insector X
Knight Lore
Metro-Cross
Mobile Suit Z Gundam - Hot Scramble
Nangoku Shirei!! - Spy vs Spy
New Ghostbusters II
Pac-Land
Quarth
Space Boy
Space Harrier
Stick Hunter - Exciting Ice Hockey
Super Shinobi
Super Xevious - Gump no Nazo
Taito Chase HQ
Thexder
Titan
Tom & Jerry III
Tower of Druaga
Urban Strike
Wardner
Xybots
Yie Ar Kung-Fu

I think that is roughly all the Jap games that you can play most of the text is in english smile.gif
I do wanna upload these but im not sure how to im new to this game lol

#815 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

Wow stupot1,
Took that job right off of me. biggrin.gif

How many videos have you done? How long are they? Remember, they must be in .wmv format for this project.

Go to megaupload.com and simply submit your zipped or rar(ed) file of all your stuff. Then post the link they give you: here. smile.gif

#816 stupot1

stupot1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

Hiya Mega Man,
All the games listed above smile.gif the video's are roughly 30sec - 1min long but ive already converted them all to xmv so im not sure if they are any help to you????

i would have left them in wmv but i wanted to check what they looked like on the xbox sorry matey
if you want me to upload them still then i will????

#817 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

Cool man. I'll have to check out those vids. Unfortunately, I can't upload them here since XMV tools use M$ code that is against the rules.

I will also have to check those against my list because some of them seem to me (in my hops and bong resin riddled mind) to be clones of games I already have included in the Xtras.

I am surprised that I missed Galaxian on the FDS though. I'm sure it's not much different than the Atari versions (how could it be), but I had that game for A5200 as a kid and always liked it.

Any chance you could fish those WMV files out of your recycle bin for upload?

~Rx

#818 stupot1

stupot1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Give me till tuesday & i will sort the WMV's out for all the games on the list smile.gif

I had a Atari 800XL what a great machine that was smile.gif im very much looking forward to seeing that when it's finished but what's happening with the C64 stuff is it getting the duel previews too???? im a great fan of the old 8-bit & 16bit machines i had a amiga too im a bit of a commodore fan lol

Edited by stupot1, 15 March 2009 - 03:15 PM.

#819 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

I didn't have the 800 myself, so I thought my work with the 5200 was about 95% done long before I even tackled the Genesis. Boy, was I wrong.

I actually won't be adding every English language game ever made for it to the Xtras like I have, or have at least tried to do, with all previous emulators. There will be anywhere from 400-600 800 XEG and Disk games that will be included in the Artwork/Datfile portion of the Xtras along with the 5200 games. Even though there will be 100% videos for the 5200 and the A800 conversions to 5200, I don't know how many volunteers I'd ever get on those games, so I can't make any promises about having a complete video set.

This was basically a very large "Best Of" list that was put together mostly by madmab. Perhaps there are games you would like to see added that aren't. You can always check my 5200 spreadsheet and see if there are more games you would like to see added Crash. I'm going to do that myself at some point before release as well. I'm through the letter B now. Not too many I've added actually, but you would probably know much better than me since this is out of my realm of previous experience.

Did the 800 controllers suck as bad as the 5200 ones did? Atari stopped making them at some point, and there was no such thing as eBay back then, so my old man had to buy two more systems at certain times just to get new joysticks which broke again long before we ever got Nintendo.

Man.... all those years I had to go home and play Atari after playing SMB over at my friends houses.

~Rx

PS... cool about the vids man. Hate it if you have to re-do them from scratch, but I just can't use them here with the rules.

#820 stupot1

stupot1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

The controller's that come with the 400-800-XL was the standard 2600/VCS which was great but back then everything was thin plastic and the plastic stick always used to break lol
well being quite old now i was around when the VCS was but my first computer was a Atari 400 smile.gif so i could check though your list and give you some pointers on the european games you have missing if you dont mind????

I dont know much about the NES as i never owned one i think that was a lot bigger in america than europe i grew up owning most of the old 8bits such as a Spectrum,C64,Atari but then moved on to the Amiga until the SNES come out smile.gif so most games around that time i know quite a bit about

#821 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

Yeah... I think the 5200 was digital, and the either the joysticks themselves stopped working or the PAUSE, START, RESET buttons on the top would stop responding.

Great controllers for back then actually, when they worked. Much better than the boring 7800 controllers that came out years later when that cheap CEO Jack decided to screw every Atari fan out there with that piece of crap system (for the time) and pathetically yield to Nintendo's NES without even an attempt at a fight.

Atari never recovered from the illness that was Jack.

Don't mind whatever you've got to add. Just do me a favor and try to make sure that it isn't already included in the US set under a different name. I'm sure I have one or two doubles on other emulators here or there, but I'm real careful to remove any that I see.

If you've got any suggestions on SNES/Genesis/Gameboy, I'll put them on the to-do list.

~Rx

#822 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:16 PM

400-800-xl pretty much used the same controllers as the 2600 (digital 8-way stick, paddles). The 5200 used a non centering analog stick (it's biggest fault) and had issues where the buttons would eventually stop working.

Most games released in the UK as well as the US had the same name. Just usually the name it was published under would change. Which is a dead giveaway as far as figuring out where it was released. For example in the US it is "Synapse Software" whereas in the UK it would be "Synsoft".

Edited by madmab, 15 March 2009 - 06:18 PM.

#823 stupot1

stupot1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:10 AM

Hi All,
I've just had a look through your Atari 5200/800 comp list & your missing quite a few european games which didn't get released in america but you have a nice list of games for the Atari i would love to do some video's for that system is it going to have video previews when it's finished????? & i would love some pointers on what emulator to use for the previews

cheers everyone smile.gif

#824 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

Cool man. I would love to see some videos for the 800 done. I didn't think we'd get so many takers for that one. Feel free to let me know any games you want to add and make videos for too. I'll get the artwork for them for the pack too.

I don't know anything about making videos myself. PM madmab or Mega_Man_(?) for help in that area. Did you try the link to emulators that you can record with on your PC in my thread?

Looking forward to see what you do,
~Rx

#825 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

Atari800winplus has a nice "record to video" function. Make sure you record to video "with sound". laugh.gif It's easy to accidently pick the wrong one. laugh.gif Unfortunately you have to record to "uncompressed avi" which equals about 1gig for every minute of recording. One big problem is if the movie exceeds 2 gig (2 minutes) then alot of times the video gets corrupted. So I try to limit record sessions to about 1min 40secs.

After that I use some other program to edit and compress the .avi a bit more. Usually I use pinnacle studio. But for some reason it does not like the .avi format produced by atari800winplus so I have been using ulead studio. I convert to divx format avi. Nerovision will work as well but it seems to hang when trying to position within the video.

Typically what I do is this. I do a quick play session to "re-familiarize" myself with the game and get an idea of what I want to record. If the game has an interesting intro or title screen (aka music). There are two things you can do. You can record the intro seperately (to give more time to record the game play). Or you can record them in one video. I try to make the gameplay part about 40-60 secs. If adding the intro exceeds that, no biggy. What I do then is load this stuff into a video editor. I try to keep the gameplay first, and then if there is a good intro I push that to the end. I also edit out any extrenuous stuff to try to get the video time down. The idea being the user will see the game in action. If they leave the cursor there then they also get to hear/see the cool intro.

You can use the F9 key to pause video recording. Sometimes I'll "F9 pause, press F5 (reboot)" and then start the recording (F9 again to unpause). That way nothing is missed at the beginning. Only other thing is atari800winplus leaves that stupid "Press F9 to continue emulation" message in the recorded video. laugh.gif

Also if you wish you can use MESS as well for recording video, although it is a little more difficult. But it does produce .avi video that Pinnacle won't complain about. It has the same 2 minute limitation.

As for my list being a "best of". That's kinda partially true. I started off with the "Cartridge" stuff because I knew that the average user would be most likely to pick those up first (Goodsets, No-Intro, Tosec). Alot of the cart titles are garbage (except 5200). But there are a handful of goodies in there. The good stuff starts when we get into the disk and cassette stuff. biggrin.gif Although the list is a tad incomplete for varying reasons. I was gonna add a few titles once I went thru the ones I already had.

Hey Ressx. I've been meaning to ask. How did those WHDload files I sent you work out?

Edited by madmab, 16 March 2009 - 01:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users