ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

Bummer about the vids. Too bad we don't have a DVR since all of them do work on the Box.

Don't know what to do with those gametap images since I have all the boxart for those games. I've got them in the "Wide Icons" unsorted folder. Maybe somebody would like to load these games from XBMC with them some day....?

Artwork zipped up and uploading as we speak. Like I said, whenever the last 4 vids make it I'm all set to zip that all up and upload them as well.

Thanks again guys,
~Rx

PS.... What ever happened to those PSX videos that were being made? I'd love to test them out.

#1007 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

Tell me how bad ass this is.... cool.gif

Vids to come shortly. 688 games total.
Boxarts = 654
Title Shots = 686
Action Shots = 687
Carts = 228

If we get all 4 videos there will be 688 videos as well.

Later,
~Rx

EDIT: I've also completed the work for the TG-16, minus the CD games that pCe wants to add. It will probably be a while before a release since there are many more than I would have thought before looking at his spreadsheet. It seems that quite a bit of Japan games are fully playable as far as the CD's are concerned.

I've also gotten quite a few games working at 100% or very damn close on Dosbox.

A small list....

Alone in the Dark
Dark Sun (Both games)
Gateway to the Savage Frontier
Kings Quest IV (with CD music and voices)
Spear of Destiny
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Warcraft
Wolfenstein 3D
X-Com: UFO Defence
Zeliard

Will videos work for Dosbox madmab? I'd love to see some video previews for a favorites list in the future.

Edited by ressurectionx, 29 April 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#1008 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

This is all coming together nicely smile.gif

I'll start making those 4 vids too, should be able to post in the next few hours.

Edited by bigby, 29 April 2009 - 03:56 PM.

#1009 pCeSlAyEr

pCeSlAyEr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Old games......... yea....

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Apr 27 2009, 04:35 AM) View Post

Hey pCe,

Thanks for the vids and the name fixes. Everything is adjusted according to the spreadsheets you've been providing. I'm wrapping up artwork and making sure everything is tight on my end. I'll romzip and torrentzip the set too before creating new datfiles. Looking forward to what else you have to offer on this system before we put out a release.

Do you have any Japan boxart? Seems pretty hard to get for this system.

Nevermind. I think I found a good place. I may be missing a few of them when all is said and done though.

EDIT: Would you mind making a video for John Madden Duo CD Football too? The one I have is crappy and bounces all over the place. I'm not sure why it's so bad since the game play is fine when you use the FMV hack.

EDIT2: Which CD games were you going to make videos for that aren't already on my lists?
Hey MM.. Great work on the vids man. I'll take a look at them when I can get to them and then I'll wrap up that system as well (as soon as we get the Game Gear vids from bigby too)
Thanks everyone,
~Rx

Whatever your missing on the boxart stuff let me know and I'll see if I can track it down.

I'll make a video of Madden when I get home from work, are there any others you would like redone?

Here are the CD games I'm considering(working through to see what works)... I have a handful done already.

Ai Cho Aniki
Alzadick - Summer Carnival '92
Ane-san
Avenger
Bomberman Panic Bomber
Builderland
Championship Rally
Chiki Chiki Boys
Cho Aniki
Deden No Den (special release of bomberman)
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Download 2
Faussete Amour
Final Zone II
Flash Hiders
Fray CD Xak Gaiden
Gain Ground SX
Galaxy Deka Gayvan (aka. Galaxy Detective Gayvan)
Garou Densetsu 2 (aka. Fatal Fury 2)
Garou Densetsu Special (aka. Fatal Fury Special)
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire
Golden Axe
Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou
Hellfire S
Horror Story
Iga Ninden Gaou
Image Fight II
Jim Power
Kabuki Itouryodan
Kaiso Chojin Shubibinman 3
Kaze Kiri
L-Dis
Lemmings
Macross 2036
Mad Stalker Full Metal Force
Martial Champion
Mirai Shonen Conan
Psychic Storm
Puyo Puyo CD
Puyo Puyo CD Tsu
Rainbow Islands
Ranma 1/2
Rayxanber II
Rayxanber III
Renny Blaster
Road Spirits
Ryuuko No Ken (aka. Art of Fighting)
Seirei Senshi Spriggan
Sidearms Special
Slime World
Spriggan Mark 2: Re Terraform Project
Star Mobile
Star Parodia
Steam Heart's
Strider Hiryuu
Summer Carnival '93 - Nexzr Special
Super Darius
Super Darius II
World Heroes 2
Yu Yu Hakusho
Zero Wing

all of these should be fully playable in english aside from some having japanese cinema's.

Edited by pCeSlAyEr, 29 April 2009 - 06:55 PM.

#1010 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

Here are the 4 SMS & SG-1000 vids - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W348HKDI

Alex Kidd - BMX Trial
SG - Othello
Sonic's Edusoft
Walter Payton Football

I couldn't get "Sonic's Edusoft" to run, but I found a "Emulator Compatibilty Hack" from:

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic's_Edusoft (bottom of the page)

It also works on the xbox!

No such luck with Alex Kid - like you say, it runs but he won't go straight mad.gif

#1011 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:40 PM

Great bigby, Thanks smile.gif
PS.... What ever happened to those PSX videos that were being made? I'd love to test them out.

Here are 4 of them I made a while ago. PSX Vids
I can't find the second set in my download or on my HDD. I know there were a few more, including the FF games. sad.gif (not edited yet)

Sorry Nate, Could you send me the link to those again or even re-up them if you still have them? (If you see this)

Yes, looks like everything is going Great! Thanks Guys smile.gif

Edited by Mega Man (?), 29 April 2009 - 11:41 PM.

#1012 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

Awesome work guys. I'm back on the work kick for a few days. We'll see how it goes this weekend. Maybe I'll find the time to incorporate those vids and get the release out soon. I've been neglecting some real world things, so I'm not sure if I'll be around or not.

Thanks for everything,
~Rx

EDIT: Anybody try the SMS/GG/SG1 artwork yet?

pCeSlAyEr: Whatever your missing on the boxart stuff let me know and I'll see if I can track it down.

I'll make a video of Madden when I get home from work, are there any others you would like redone?

Here are the CD games I'm considering(working through to see what works)... I have a handful done already.

I've remarked in the spreadsheet any I can't find boxart for. Just do a search for boxart in your browser.

I'm not very picky on videos. I know that other people here are much more than I am (and have even taken it upon themselves to make better videos). John Madden is blatently bad though. Whenever I've seen anything that bad I try to point it out. I think when we're finally done with the project it may be a good idea to go back and see which videos we hate and would like to see a replacement for.

Cool man. I've assumed some of those and begun the process of testing and gathering artwork. I'll be ready when you are.

Later,
~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 30 April 2009 - 02:38 PM.

#1013 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Apr 30 2009, 08:09 AM) View Post

I'm not very picky on videos. I know that other people here are much more than I am (and have even taken it upon themselves to make better videos).
tongue.gif

#1014 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

Definitely not a knock there, and you're not the only one madmab. You know I like thorough. Crappy vids will probably drive me nuts down the road (like a lot of the emumovies videos with the characters seeming to hit every enemy's fist they come across with their face). Just trying to get them all done first before going back and fixing the bad ones is my main concern at this point.

#1015 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ May 2 2009, 08:25 AM) View Post

(like a lot of the emumovies videos with the characters seeming to hit every enemy's fist they come across with their face).
laugh.gif

Agreed. Some of them it's obvious the recorder made absolutely NO effort to learn how to play the game. Others (especially on the 2600) are lacking sound or because they are played improperly end up making the game look worse than it is.

Anyways better to get the big stuff out of the way rather than sweating the small stuff!

Edited by madmab, 02 May 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#1016 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

My take exactly madmab. Let the kids who find this stuff 5 years from now fill in all the blanks and tweak whatever small stuff we didn't get around to... cool.gif

And here's where I'd like to give a little shout-out to my man Sotu. Dude... when I first got here, I saw all the work you've put into the PSX spreadsheet and that's how I started doing my work here. I even modeled the way I did my initial findings off of your hard work in that thread. A few years later, look where we are now.

Thanks for getting X-COM working man. Hand's down my favorite PSX game of all time. I spent 3 years wishing that thing would work. I was too wrapped up in all the other stuff to ever devote a ton of time to ONE game, but I always had planned to come back to it when I was done here.

It ain't perfect (yet), but now it's much more than playable. I'm going to rip my very own copy of this to a BIN/CUE when I get a chance to see if I can make an image that the music doesn't skip at all with. I'm quite convinced now that the PSX plays much more than I thought it was capable and possibly a lot of the problems we had when we were testing them could have very well just been bad images. (or at least not-perfect images)

Thanks again bro, and Salute! Best development for my own personal enjoyment to come out of the XBox Scene so far.

VIVA XCOM! Indeed cool.gif

Viva Sotu,
~Rx

For anyone who wants to see what an easy fix seemingly eluded everyone's grasp who cared here.....

Core 1.6 everything else standard except, Change graphics fixes to Use PC FPS calculation ON and turn Frameskip OFF.

EDIT: Oh yeah... duh... use the BIN/CUE format.

EDIT 2: Let me just say that I NEVER check my email I use for the spreadsheets, so when, for whatever reason, I looked at it today I was amazed to see how many requests were in there to view some of the spreadsheets that I apparently didn't have open to the public. I can assure you they're all viewable now, although some of you will be disappointed when you open up some of them like the Apple ][e and it's empty.

So my apologies... I wasn't ignoring anyone. Now everyone should have access to view every sheet. I only give editing access to those who have worked real hard on the project and I trust their judgement when making any alterations to my work.

Regards,
~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 03 May 2009 - 01:16 AM.

#1017 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

And here it is.....

Thanks to everyone who helped on the videos. One more down!

#1018 Darknior

Darknior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

Many thanks for this update biggrin.gif
I stand up all time for all others lol

Bye

#1019 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

You're welcome man cool.gif

#1020 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

Yippiekayé! Great work guys!
One more! My dream come true, our xbox are becoming a true old school museum! Thanks again!
And can't wait until the pce/tg16 videos release! pop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users