X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

Hey Rx,
Just wanted to touch base with you, since the site is back up and running.
I have been working on the HQ screen shot pack for the NES and I will be able to finish it within my next sitting. Unfortunately, I will be going out of town for today through Tuesday, and will not be able to finish it until then.

Hopefully, you can wait until I get those to you.

Later

PS: No blue... laugh.gif

#1053 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:12 AM

Damn... lol. That's the day before I go back to work.

No worries if you can't get it to me before then. If it's early enough on Tuesday I may be able to get it in before I go back to work.

I'm working with pCe on the TGCD stuff now. It's been a LOOOOOOONG job, that emu. He's been a great help though. Hopefully we'll have a TG release soon.

Later,
~Rx

Oh... and stupot made 44 Gameboy videos. I would talk to him before getting back into the Gameboy videos since I haven't integrated them yet. I wouldn't want anyone to make double videos.

Hey stupot.... Did you get any more done? Those look great.

#1054 stupot1

stupot1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:25 AM

Hey ResX,

I was going to start doing some more smile.gif i think the Translated stuff was next on the Gameboy but the spreadsheet don't work so im not 100% on what games to do????

any chance you could get that working again????

Cheers Stupot pop.gif

#1055 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:07 PM

Should be working. I didn't have a problem getting in and it's still published. Maybe it was a Google error.

#1056 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

Last chance for game additions to the Turbo Grafx 16/CD.

OutRun has been added, btw, stupot1...

#1057 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:55 AM

I've added your Gameboy games to the spreadsheet stupot. They look great!

EDIT: Whoops.... I meant your videos. It's awesome knocking out another category like that. You pretty much just made 1/12th of the videos we still need for Gameboy. Can't wait to see more. Hopefully we get more help on the videos though. Don't know where everyone went that was going to help out with that project.

Once we get done with the Gameboy videos, there's not much left to do video wise besides any work people would like to do on Computer emus and the PSX. I am hoping that somebody decides to help me with videos for small emus like Odyssey II and Pokemon when we get all the major stuff out of the way.

pCe's made about 150 to 200 videos for Turbo Grafx 16 / CD. There are only like 31 more videos left for that one before an Xtras release. He's been a great help getting this one organized and making sure anything worth while in the Japan set is represented. An insane amount of work has gone into this project. The US CDs I set up about 2 1/2 years ago. I forgot what a project setting these things up are compared to normal roms. Glad it's finally done.

I'll have to see how the new beta works with this emu and also see if we can make the .CUT files work with the new format before I decide if I need to upload both versions of the artwork packs. I'm hoping that when it comes to release time for this we only need the new format.

Hey MM,

Any chance you can get those boxarts to me early tomorrow? Putting that together and putting out an updated artwork pack would be a great accomplishment this weekend. I've kinda been in limbo for a few weeks or more here, bouncing back and forth from one part of the project to another with no finished product or updates on the thread.

Everyone...

I'm making last call for NES &TG16/CD additions. I need some closure on these projects finally since all of these open ended projects are driving me nuts. I won't be adding any more games for NES once MM gets me those HQ boxarts, and I won't be adding any more TG16/CD games after pCe finishes the videos.

You can still always leave suggestions on the thread I made for adding roms. Who knows.... they may get added at some point. I just know we're really close on these two if we're not already there and I want to put them behind me.

Later,
~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 02 June 2009 - 03:34 AM.

#1058 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:48 AM

Yeah kudos to all those making videos. I know how much work it can take to do those and well it's hard for me to work on them and the emulators at the same time. laugh.gif

#1059 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:25 AM

I am back
and I am going to try and knock those HQ nes boxarts out by tonight, Rx cool.gif

Nice job stupot1 smile.gif

and madmab
let me speak for the hundreds of videos I have done so far and say: you're welcome. biggrin.gif
I hope to get to more of my GB vids once we square away the nes beta.

Edited by Mega Man (?), 02 June 2009 - 07:28 AM.

#1060 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:51 AM

Introducing...
My: MMQuestion HQ NES Boxart add pack - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O9LP3RDR
This pack contains 230 front NES boxarts. These are the highest quality possible, and were not available in any pack until now.

These came from raw images provided at:http://www.thecoverproject.net
Then, I did all the downloading, naming, cropping, editing, organizing, etc, etc. smile.gif

It was a bit of pain at points... laugh.gif but I am now confident that with this pack powered together with the rest of the NES Xtras, makes this now (not only) the best and most complete artwork pack around... but the best even possible (to date).

Hey Rx,
You may want to put the Zelda's in an alternate section, because even though they are HQ and look great, they were modified at bit, from the exact originals. (meaning Zelda 1 was centered, apposed to being off-center, and both had that hole in the box, filled in.)

Let me know what you guys think,
I tested a chunk of the largest ones to make sure they would work fine in the emu, and everything checks out. You will get some more slow down when scrolling through the games, if you have the option to "view box art while scrolling", set to "yes". This was happening with the second boxart pack anyway and I don't think it's a big deal. (unless it becomes a big memory issue, our coders would have to decide on.)

Rx,
You are free to work your magic now... biggrin.gif
Thanks

EDIT: 2 Fixes - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K97CBCG0 Here are 2 that I had to fix, please use these for the containing games (RX).

Edited by Mega Man (?), 02 June 2009 - 09:58 AM.

#1061 stupot1

stupot1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

I think this project will be great when it's all finished i know how much hard work everyone is putting into this pop.gif but we will get there in the end smile.gif

I don't think there is anything else i will be adding to the NES & PCengine they look complete game wise tongue.gif

I have started doing somemore Gameboy stuff i'm doing the Translated list at the moment so hopefully by the end of today that shell be done too YAH

Cheers Stupot

Chilling because it's a lovely day in england for once blink.gif

#1062 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

Thanks everyone. Great teamwork here.

I got those images MM and I'll be working on them today. I also have some new games to test and add as well.

Then I just gotta get this converter program figured out with BombBloke and we'll get the pack out there in time for madmab's public beta release. Hopefully we figure out a way to use .CUT files with the new sets pretty easily and then we will only need to have the artwork in one spot on the box for both in-emu and direct launching from XBMC

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to logically make the .CUT file creator pull a different image for games that don't have boxart. If everyone puts their stuff where I have it on my box though, I could just provide the fixed .CUT files along with the packs! What do you guys think about that? (The only caveat is you'd also have to have the roms in the exact same directory as I have them.... which is still undetermined at this point. It's not too hard moving them though... at least it would be a lot easier than fixing any bad .CUT files without boxart by hand)

Later,
~Rx

#1063 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

Hey MM. I'm going to shrink those images so they fit within the 500x500 maximum I've been using for the Xtras everywhere else just to keep them uniform. You don't mind, do you? It slows down the scrolling to much for my tastes anyhow when they're larger than that. Unless you had some objection...

Grumble.... Grumble... they're not named right. laugh.gif

I'll fix it. Hopefully sooner than later.

~Rx

#1064 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

Go for it... this only needs to be done to the big ones right? I would hate for the smaller ones to get even smaller.

named right...? I am sorry, I was under the impression that you were going to give them the .0001 naming convention, first, anyway. unsure.gif (and then some how use BB's tool)

otherwise I would have, since when I originaly downloaded them, the names had a bunch of extra stuff I had to clean up anyway.

In either case, these images are the cleanest you will fine. no dented edges or box imperfections here. smile.gif

#1065 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

Good work Megaman, you saved me time with these (i have myself taken all the snes boxart from thecoverproject.net and resized them to 500 pixels widht max!

RessX is right, the boxart MUSN'T be higher than 500 pixels HEIGHT or WIDHT,
I know it because i play XPORT's emus on my HDTV, and with boxarts higher than 500 pixels, my xbox was freezing (out of memory issue). Now all my boxarts are max 500 pixels and no problems now.

Edit: TG16 and pc engine Synopsis near complete; (with all the us and jap licensed games) it will help the users to discover the fantastic games on this system! Can't wait for the tg16 videos!

Edited by gilles9999, 02 June 2009 - 08:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users