ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

Yeah... actually, all of those are intentional. You could remove them if you'd like.

On Update Hacks, I used the boxart for the game that was originally hacked (otherwise, there wouldn't be any boxart for them).

On my system, I have these types of games sorted exactly how they are sorted in the spreadsheets, so I think they look quite good that way. I could see where that wouldn't look right though if you just have all of your roms in a central directory.

Thanks for pointing that out though. It was all intentional though in that regard. If you see any other problems let me know.

Later,
~Rx

Oh.... thanks for those links Ultimate509! I'm going to get cracking on the 2600 this weekend after I wrap up a few other things and get the LYNX work done.

Edited by ressurectionx, 13 June 2009 - 01:16 PM.

#1112 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

I there a new hack actually called Mr. Pacman? laugh.gif

Hey Rx,
great idea with the "SAVES" option. I was almost going to ask mabmab if there was a way to globally turn off the initial menu, or just click on every damn game to get rid of it. rolleyes.gif how did you do it...?

#1113 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

How did I do it? LOL

I actually played every game to get the title/action shots and they were made. (Well... something happened and I had to go back and re-play about 200 of them to get the complete set.

The only problem is that it will have my TV's size on it, but with madmab's ability to adjust the ratio for every game when you change it, that shouldn't really be a problem. It will just take a minute or two for your system to re-write all of these saves.

I basically just FTP'd the saves to my box and deleted any Save State information, made sure every rom I had has a matching save, zipped them up and shot them over to Megaupload.

I'm sure there could probably be a more sophisticated way to code the emu auto-write basic settings to the games, but there's really no need with these saves packs. I pretty much have the save info for every game on my lists from my testing (or plan to have all of them by the time I'm done anyhow).

~Rx

P.S. Yeah.... Mr. Pac-Man is a pretty good hack of Ms. Pac-Man on NES if you like blue borders and a more masculine Pac-Avitar.

#1114 Xmodder deluX

Xmodder deluX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Would someone be so kind and supply a link to the ips patch for Mr. Pac-Man. I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks

#1115 crash1235

crash1235

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:27 AM

ResX i'm already part way through te 2600 ones if you want to just hold fire.

#1116 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:45 AM

Not sure what you mean crash? You talking about getting those boxarts for me at thecoverproject?

#1117 crash1235

crash1235

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:34 AM

Yea sorry about the vagueness here they are and sorry for the rapidshare link.

#1118 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

No problem man. Thanks for doing that.

So..... looks like we got Atari LYNX, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, NES and TG16 down from thecoverproject so far. Nice work.

Later,
~Rx

EDIT: Somebody at Megaupload must like all the traffic I'm sending their way. I don't have to wait at all anymore for downloads. I don't even have a free account, let alone a paid for one.

Either I'm really lucky, or I'm being watched more than I'd care to think. uhh.gif

Either way, it makes the 73 seconds I have to wait at Rapidshare all that much more painful. cool.gif

EDIT 2:

Crash,

Alright... I've just gone through and converted and renamed the 2600 scans. Only missed two (don't worry, I got them and converted them). It will probably be a while before I have an official Atari 2600 release, but you can be sure your work wasn't wasted because all of these images will be in there.

I'm keeping track of the dates that I get all of the artwork from that site so we can always go and get the new ones as they come out.

Ultimate509,

I hope to get to your packs sometime today as well. Thanks again for those! You hadn't started the 2600 gathering yet, did you? Would hate to think of sensless doublework.

Xmodder deluX,

I looked and I don't have a patch for that. Unfortunately, it's against the forum rules to give you the rom. You can be assured that if I don't have the patch that this is available. Try to find a goodset or nointro torrent somewhere and I'm sure it will be in there.

Everyone,

If you would like to help gather artwork at thecoverproject and crop the box fronts, please let me know. Let's make it clear what we're doing too so two people aren't collecting the same artwork.

THANKS!
~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 14 June 2009 - 12:54 PM.

#1119 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:27 AM

Hey Rx,
What ever happened to "paper boy 2"...?
I though that was a fixed one, but I didn't see it in the roms pack.

#1120 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

It's in the non-working roms for now. XT fixed it, but he's been busy and hasn't been able to integrate his fixes with madmab's work.

#1121 crash1235

crash1235

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:39 PM

Hot Potato: Downloading the Sega Master System covers from The Cover Project and cropping them.

#1122 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

Awesome. Thanks man.... and thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I've integrated he Atari 2600, Atari 7800, LYNX, NES and TG16 HD shots from the coverarchive so far. The NES and TG16 shots are in the new artwork/screenshot packs on the thread. The Ataris will be available when I release the updated artwork packs for them as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to put the FDS HD shots in the pack. Would somebody mind collecting the Boxarts for FDS that I have included in the Xtras on my spreadsheet?

#1123 crash1235

crash1235

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:25 AM

Here are the Sega Master System HQ boxarts.

#1124 crash1235

crash1235

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

Sorry to do double post but I just put these together. They are 4 of the FDS boxart front covers that I was sure of that are in the xtras. I have also downloaded the other covers that look like this but wasn't sure if you want them, just tell me if you do and I'll crop and upload those too.

[Edit]

One of the SMS ones would only download a small corrupted file which I left on there so you can see which one it is if you want to have another go at downloading it.

[Edit 2]

Is there anything else we need from the cover project?

Cheers,
Crash

Edited by crash1235, 17 June 2009 - 01:31 AM.

#1125 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

Great man. I'll download them and keep them on the to-do list. I've really immersed myself in the Atari 2600 testing now and I don't really have time for much else when I focus on a project like this. I have a few other things like testing some madmab edition stuff, and integrating stupot1's 60 or so GBA videos still. These are the types of things that I like to have to work on when there seems to be down time and nobody else is really moving on anything, so I'll keep them in the boxart to-do folder I've got.

So we have...
SMS
NES
TG16/CD
Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Atari LYNX

I would say anything that there is an XPORT emu for pretty much. Genesis/Sega CD/32x would be a good start. Atari 5200/800/XE would be nice as well.

I would say SNES, but I believe between Sotu and others we have a lot of HQ boxart available to us already so we might want to wait on that. I've seen some of the touchups that Sotu has done and they really look great.

Thanks for the help crash,
~Rx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users