• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hey flea17,

Don't know if I scared you off.... cool.gif

Anyways... I know I can be a dick sometimes, and I'm not always the first to admit that. Sometimes my diplomacy skills suck... depending on what personality is at the reigns a the time.

So... I'm sure I pissed you off, and I'm not going to say that you didn't entirely deserve it, but if you're game to help out, I'm game to help teach you what you need to do and/or point you in the direction of people who know what they're doing in a specific area that could get you set up. (This is about as close as I come to an apology cool.gif )

Can't have no pansy-ass thin-skinners around here bro...

If you're still around and still up for it, assuming you weren't talking out of your ass, we've got plenty of undone stuff you could add your signature to on this project. If you check my spreadsheets you see that the names of people who have contributed to videos and the synopsis files all have their names there, and will make it into the final Contributions part of the Xtras info files, which I think (Internet Gods Willing) will survive long past the death of homebrew on the original Box.

Hell.... I wouldn't be surprised to see some legitimate, legal, commercial outfit come and take all of this work and release it to the public for a fee as their own if they put the internet on lockdown with the Eye in the Sky watching everything like they've been slowly trying to do for years.

Anyways... PM me if you're interested. Gotta get this done while we still can, right?

Later,
~Rx

#1202 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

hey rx in the nintendo section of your xtras has that been updated since june 09? or are you just waiting to get more games added videos, artwork, etc until you make a final release? I'm more interested in downloading the videos part because idk how to make videos for the missings games I've acquired and I figured it would b easier to just get it off here once it has been finalized of course. In the "Report Missing games" thread i posted the fds games that were missing so check that out see if artwork and videos could be added for those.

#1203 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

Also RX, in the synopsis for "Bishoujo Control" and Bishoujo Sexy Puzzle Super PIG created those games. The FDS Synopsis needs some editing to do and there are missing synopsis' for a lot of FDS games as well. I will sort thru quickly to list here what needs a synopsis

#1204 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

I think to make the translated games synopsis look cleaner we should change a few things. Let's take Dream World Doki Doki Panic! which in Japanese is Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic:

Original Title: Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic<-----this is great to refer to know that the game was translated

Platform: Famicom Disk System<----Keep

Region: Japan (Translated)<---We can get rid of the "(Translated) part because ppl should already know from the original title that it is translated.

Media: Disk<---Keep

Controller: NES Gamepad<------Keep

Genre: Unknown (Should be Platform)<--------Keep otherwise

Release Year:2001 (Should keep the original year the game was made and not the translation)<---Keep otherwise

Translated By: Vice Translations<-----Great to know who translated it so if there are more games in the future that need translations we can look up these people on romhack.net and see what's new to add.

Version: 1.1<----Unecessary because I'm sure everybody wants the latest version of any translated game so we can toss this part out

Players: Unknown (Should be 1)<-----Keep otherwise

Tell me what u guys think if it's not too much of a hassle because I know there were a lot of translated games esp. for Nes, FDS, and SNES

#1205 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(dnyce1987 @ Sep 9 2009, 01:05 PM) View Post

I think to make the translated games synopsis look cleaner we should change a few things. Let's take Dream World Doki Doki Panic! which in Japanese is Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic:

Original Title: Yume Koujou Doki Doki Panic<-----this is great to refer to know that the game was translated

Platform: Famicom Disk System<----Keep

Region: Japan (Translated)<---We can get rid of the "(Translated) part because ppl should already know from the original title that it is translated.

Media: Disk<---Keep

Controller: NES Gamepad<------Keep

Genre: Unknown (Should be Platform)<--------Keep otherwise

Release Year:2001 (Should keep the original year the game was made and not the translation)<---Keep otherwise

Translated By: Vice Translations<-----Great to know who translated it so if there are more games in the future that need translations we can look up these people on romhack.net and see what's new to add.

Version: 1.1<----Unecessary because I'm sure everybody wants the latest version of any translated game so we can toss this part out

Players: Unknown (Should be 1)<-----Keep otherwise

Tell me what u guys think if it's not too much of a hassle because I know there were a lot of translated games esp. for Nes, FDS, and SNES

*EDIT* I forgot to add the Developer and Publisher line those 2 are not in any translated synopsis' and I think should be because they are in all other licensed games so we should make it look like this:

Original Title
Platform
Region
Media
Controller
Genre
Release Year
*Developer*
*Publisher*
Translated By
Players

so now tell me what u guys think

#1206 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

Here lies all the CONSIDERED, ENGLISH, and TRANSLATED Famicom Disk System games that are missing a Synopsis or need to be re-edited to put the finishing touches on. I have very detailed suggestions and changes because we all want this to be as perfect and near completion as possible so here it goes just over 100 games I looked at. By the way, I didn't bother to read the actual "Description of the game" to save time. In my personal opinion, I think the description part of the game should be optional just because they're all typed in different format from what I skimmed thru and for most games their is a different source where the description is from and it looks untidy. Until there is ONE source we can get all the game descriptions from we should just stick to the top part of the Synopsis and worry about the description another time so we can breeze by the Synopsis for every emulator faster. Sorry if I'm being unrealistic or asking for too much but if you guys are asking for suggestions you're going to get it LOL. AHEM! now for the list:

Ai Senshi Nicol - Missing
All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros. - In Players section it's blank change to 1
Armana no Kiseki - In Genre section is "Unknown" change to "Action"
Backgammon - Missing
Baseball (FDS) - Use the NES version's Synopsis
Big Challenge!: Dogfight Spirits - Genre is blank change to Action/Shooter/Scrolling and Players is blank change to 1

Bishoujo Control - Release Year I would just put 1985 when Superpig began making these games as it doesn't state exactly which year

Bishoujo Sexy Puzzle - Same as above
Bishoujo SF Alien Battle(Hacker International Game) - Missing
Bomberman - Use the NES version's Synopsis
Boxxle - Warehouse Evening of Tears(Translated game) - Missing
Breeder - Missing
Bubble Bobble - Use the NES version's Synopsis
Burger Time (FDS) - Use the NES version's Synopsis
Clu Clu Land (FDS) - Use the NES version's Synopsis
Crystal Dragon(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Deep Dungeon - The Heretic War(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)

Dirty Pair - Project Eden(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Donkey Kong (FDS) - Use NES version's Synopsis
Donkey Kong Jr. (FDS) - Use NES version's Synopsis
Dr. Chaos (FDS) - Use NES version's Synopsis
Druid - Missing
Egger Land(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Electrician(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Esper Dream I(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Fairy Pinball: yousei Tachi no Pinbal - Just to have the text there and to fill in the blanks let's put Unknown in Release Year and Developer put Hacker International

Famicom Grand Prix II - 3D Hot Rally - Missing
Family Composer - Genre should be Music and Players should be 1
Family Computer - Othello - Missing
Family Computer Golf - U.S. Course - Missing
Famimaga Disk Vol. 1 - Missing
Famimaga Disk Vol. 2 - Missing
Famimaga Disk Vol. 3 - Missing
Famimaga Disk Vol. 4 - Missing
Famimaga Disk Vol. 5 - Missing
Final Commando - Akai Yousai - Missing
Fire Bam - Genre should be Action/RPG and Players should be 1
Fire Rock - Players should be 1
Gal's Dungeon(Translated game) - Release Year is blank change to Unknown. Add Developer and Publisher Line and type in Super Pig for both. Take out the Version: 1.0. Changed "Hacked By" to---->Translated By. And Players should be 1

Galaga (FDS) - Use NES version's Synopsis
Galaxian (FDS) - Use NES version's Synopsis
Gall Force:Eternal Story(Translated Game) - In the Region remove (Translated). Genre should be Action/Shooter/Scrolling. Use original game release year not translated year. Add in Developer line and Publisher line and type in Hal for both. Remove Version:1.0 Line. Players should be 1

Ghost Manor(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Ginga Denshou - Galaxy Odyssey - Missing
Golf (FDS) - Use NES version's Synopsis
Golf: Bishoujo Classic - In the Release Year line type Unknown
Goonies - Use NES version's Synopsis
Green Beret - Players should be 1
Gun.Smoke (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Gyruss (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Halley Wars - Genre should be Action/Shooting/Scrolling and Players should be 1
Ice Climber (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Ice Hockey (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Kamen Rider Black - Players should be 1
Karate Champ (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Kick and Run - Players should be 2
Kick Challenger - Air Foot - Missing
Knight Lore - Players should be 1
Knight Move - Missing
Konami Ice Hockey - Missing
Legend of Zelda 2 or Zelda no Densetsu: The Hyrule Fantasy - Use NES version's Synopsis of Zelda 2
Lutter - Missing
Metroid (FDS) - Use NES version's Synopsis
Mobile Police Patlabor (Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Moero Yakyuuken (Super Pig game)(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)

Moon Ball Magic - Players should be 1
Otocky - Genre should be changed to Music and Players should be 1
Pac-Man (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Pinball (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Pretty Girl's Sexy Derby(Super Pig game)(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)

Pro Wrestling (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Reflect World - Missing
Replicart - Missing
Riddle of Murasame Castle(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Roger Rabbit - Completely Different game than "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" on the NES and the Synopsis for this is MISSING

Sailor Fuku Bishoujo Zukan: Volume 1, Volume 3, Volume 4, Volume 5, and Volume 6 - Release Year for all of them is 1989. Developer for all of them is Hacker International while the Publisher for all of them is Mimi Pro.

Samurai Sword(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Santa Claus's Toybox(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Seiken Psycho Calibur(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Sexy Invaders - Release year just put 1985 when Super Pig began making these games. Developer is Super Pig and Publisher is Super Pig.
Silviana(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Smash Ping Pong - Genre is correct but keep the same format like the "Kick and Run" game how it showed Sports - Soccer for this game do Sports - Ping Pong. Players should be 2

Soccer (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Super Boy Allan - Missing
Super Lode Runner I - Missing
Super Lode Runner II - Missing
Super Mario Brothers - On the Players line keep it to 1 because there are A LOT of games that you can say 1 or 2 Alternating and it doesn't say that. I would just refer to the title screen(Usually) if there is a 2 player option then it's 2 players if not then 1 player

Super Mario Brothers 2 Lost Levels Hack - This is indeed a completely re-make hack and is legit and fun so you can test this game yourself to see if it's worth inputting a synopsis for it.

Sword of Kalin(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Tennis (FDS) - Use NES version's Synopsis
Tobidase Daisakusen - Use NES version's 3D WorldRunner I Synopsis
TwinBee - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Volleyball (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
VS Excitebike - Missing
Wrecking Crew (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Xevious (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis
Yuu Maze - Missing
Zanac (FDS) - Use NES versions's Synopsis

#1207 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(dnyce1987 @ Sep 9 2009, 03:29 PM) View Post

Here lies all the CONSIDERED, ENGLISH, and TRANSLATED Famicom Disk System games that are missing a Synopsis or need to be re-edited to put the finishing touches on. I have very detailed suggestions and changes because we all want this to be as perfect and near completion as possible so here it goes just over 100 games I looked at. By the way, I didn't bother to read the actual "Description of the game" to save time. In my personal opinion, I think the description part of the game should be optional just because they're all typed in different format from what I skimmed thru and for most games their is a different source where the description is from and it looks untidy. Until there is ONE source we can get all the game descriptions from we should just stick to the top part of the Synopsis and worry about the description another time so we can breeze by the Synopsis for every emulator faster. Sorry if I'm being unrealistic or asking for too much but if you guys are asking for suggestions you're going to get it LOL. AHEM! now for the list:

Backgammon - Missing
Big Challenge!: Dogfight Spirits - Genre is blank change to Action/Shooter/Scrolling and Players is blank change to 1

Bishoujo Control - Release Year I would just put 1985 when Superpig began making these games as it doesn't state exactly which year

Bishoujo SF Alien Battle(Hacker International Game) - Missing
Boxxle - Warehouse Evening of Tears(Translated game) - Missing
Breeder - Missing
Crystal Dragon(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Deep Dungeon - The Heretic War(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)

Dirty Pair - Project Eden(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Druid - Missing
Egger Land(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Electrician(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Esper Dream I(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Fairy Pinball: yousei Tachi no Pinbal - Just to have the text there and to fill in the blanks let's put Unknown in Release Year and Developer put Hacker International

Gal's Dungeon(Translated game) - Release Year is blank change to Unknown. Add Developer and Publisher Line and type in Super Pig for both. Take out the Version: 1.0. Changed "Hacked By" to---->Translated By. And Players should be 1

Gall Force:Eternal Story(Translated Game) - In the Region remove (Translated). Genre should be Action/Shooter/Scrolling. Use original game release year not translated year. Add in Developer line and Publisher line and type in Hal for both. Remove Version:1.0 Line. Players should be 1

Ghost Manor(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Knight Move - Missing
Legend of Zelda 2 or Zelda no Densetsu: The Hyrule Fantasy - Use NES version's Synopsis of Zelda 2
Lutter - Missing
Mobile Police Patlabor (Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Moero Yakyuuken (Super Pig game)(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)

Pretty Girl's Sexy Derby(Super Pig game)(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)

Reflect World - Missing
Replicart - Missing
Riddle of Murasame Castle(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Roger Rabbit - Completely Different game than "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" on the NES and the Synopsis for this is MISSING

Sailor Fuku Bishoujo Zukan: Volume 1, Volume 3, Volume 4, Volume 5, and Volume 6 - Release Year for all of them is 1989. Developer for all of them is Hacker International while the Publisher for all of them is Mimi Pro.

Samurai Sword(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Santa Claus's Toybox(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Seiken Psycho Calibur(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Sexy Invaders - Release year just put 1985 when Super Pig began making these games. Developer is Super Pig and Publisher is Super Pig.
Silviana(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Smash Ping Pong - Genre is correct but keep the same format like the "Kick and Run" game how it showed Sports - Soccer for this game do Sports - Ping Pong. Players should be 2

Super Mario Brothers - On the Players line keep it to 1 because there are A LOT of games that you can say 1 or 2 Alternating and it doesn't say that. I would just refer to the title screen(Usually) if there is a 2 player option then it's 2 players if not then 1 player

Super Mario Brothers 2 Lost Levels Hack - This is indeed a completely re-make hack and is legit and fun so you can test this game yourself to see if it's worth inputting a synopsis for it.

Sword of Kalin(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
VS Excitebike - Missing
Yuu Maze - Missing

You can scratch out the Bishoujo SF Alien Battle it's untranslated and it sux ne ways. I didn't have the patience to play through to see what was so prOn about the game so no need for a synopsis for this or artwork or ne thing else.

#1208 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(dnyce1987 @ Sep 9 2009, 03:29 PM) View Post

Backgammon - Missing

Boxxle - Warehouse Evening of Tears(Translated game) - Missing (Consider using my format of the translated synopsis)
Breeder - Missing

Druid - Missing

Knight Move - Missing
Lutter - Missing

Reflect World - Missing
Replicart - Missing

VS Excitebike - Missing
Yuu Maze - Missing

*EDIT*
I took out Bishoujo SF Alien Battle. It's untranslated and the game blows ne ways. I had no patience to keep going to see what was so prOn about it.

shit sorry for the double post guys ignore the one right above this post im writing.

#1209 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:01 AM

You may also scratch out Ginga Denshou - Galaxy Odyssey. I assumed it would be playable because of a partly english title but turns out it's in Japanese. No synopsis, no artwork for this either.

#1210 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:06 AM

As well as Super Boy Allan for the same reason as the post above

#1211 nate1579

nate1579

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:07 AM

wow you posted a whole page there havnt you lol

#1212 dnyce1987

dnyce1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:39 AM

yeah bro evidently I did I didn't mean to double post the synopsis piece.

#1213 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

Wow... do me a favor man.

This stuff is all great to know and if there are problems, I do want to get to the bottom of them, but it's just too much for me to digest at one time. Besides the numerous posts in 3 different topics in the last two days about things to fix you blew up my IM today with another 12 posts LOL...

Seriously, I truly appreciate how thourough you're being here, but we need to develop a new method of getting to the bottom of these things. Please try to put together a document, sorted by system, of the different changes you've seen that should be made.

Thanks for the help man.

~Rx

#1214 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

LARGE UPDATE PENDING!!!

Hello everyone,

It's nearly time to release the (hopefully for real this time) FINAL versions for the NES, SNES and Genesis consoles.

FEATURES:

1) Likely between the three consoles there have been anywhere from 500 to 700 new games added from previous versions. (Tons more hacks/prototypes/pirates and some great foreign games we missed first time around)

2) All artwork packs are as perfect as I can make them with as much boxart and cart/cd art that I could find. Action and Title shots are also included for every game as well.

Improvements include:

- Veryfying by hand that all games have Box/Title/Action/Cart shots (Carts aren't always guaranteed)

- Upgrades to HD shots from sites such as thecoverproject and the help of some great guys here that put the packs together for me and edited the boxart where necessary.

- Also... see number 3 below....

3) Gilles made "Generic Boxarts" for the systems which look great and fill in the holes we used to have for missing artwork

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Don't they look great!

4) Video representation for every game in the set. Many of them I got from emumovies, and tons of them provided by some great members here at the scene including Mega Man (?), Stupot1, Horscht, Sotu and others. We're hopefully in the process now of editing and/or replacing bad videos as well.

5) Synopsis entry for every game that has been hand tested to work with the CRC's in the set. (See in-depth info on your favorite games pulled from some of the premier video game sites on the net. All entries have the reviewer credited where available and the URL of the original page they came from).

(Unfortunately, it turned out being too much work to separate the old from the new, so if you want these updates, you'll have to re-download the entire pack. I apologize for this. Hopefully, I'm organized enough now so that any stragglers in the future will be updated separately)

Also, we're quickly approaching the end of the line for suggesting games to add.

If you're interested, please take a look at the following spreadsheets and see if there is a game that you would like to see added (even hacks, prototypes, homebrew... whatever).

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I barely ever reject a request that isn't text heavy or a sloppy generic graphics hack. So if you'd like to see Xtras representation for a game that you like that isn't in the set, just mention it and I'll get around to adding them when I get a chance.

I'm not saying that I wont' add a game after the pending major release, I just might not be very receptive to requests after the deadline as I'll be moving on to other, much less complete things. I've also been getting very steady help from some people on videos but that comes and goes and I can't always promise somebody will be around to make the videos for us.

BIG Thanks for your help everyone who has been contributing. Look forward to working with more of you in the future.

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx, 17 September 2009 - 08:54 PM.

#1215 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:19 AM

Update:Sounds Good, bout time...Big thanks to all you guys who chipped in to release this stuff.
make sure to check that 1 "site" out there was a lot of snes mario hacks up'd on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users