#1 getfirefox

getfirefox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

Hello everone.

I am running the Aeon skin on my original Microsoft Xbox console on top of the latest TECH build of XBMC.

I have downloaded some of the Backdrop images available from the site and converted them to BMP for use with Aeon on the Xbox.

I have told Aeon where the image are located on my hard drive and it works sort of OK. The only problem I am having is that te images take a very long time to appear and sometimes not at all. I think this is because of the images being to large and the Xbox is having trouble rendering it. If I reduced the physical size of the images thus reducing the file size, would they work better? If so, what size sould I reduce them to for a standard definition widescreen (16:9) TV?

Big thanks.

#2 theultimateinferno

theultimateinferno

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(getfirefox @ Sep 1 2008, 05:02 PM) View Post

I have told Aeon where the image are located on my hard drive and it works sort of OK. The only problem I am having is that te images take a very long time to appear and sometimes not at all. I think this is because of the images being to large and the Xbox is having trouble rendering it. If I reduced the physical size of the images thus reducing the file size, would they work better? If so, what size sould I reduce them to for a standard definition widescreen (16:9) TV?

Big thanks.

The backgrounds you have downloaded will be 1080p, the xbox has trouble loading these up as you scroll through the various menu options (TV shows, Games, Movies etc). Download VSO Image Resizer (freeware) and resize all your images to 720p. Reload them and delete all the 1080p images, they should now view OK.

#3 getfirefox

getfirefox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

Thanks. What are the actual resolution dimensions though (in pixels) so I can just do it in Photoshop?

#4 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

Moved to (XBMC) Skin Development

#5 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

i believe max you should do is 1280 x 720, but if you can do lower, that'll be even better and quality wont' be too affected. forget the exact dimensions but maybe 720 x 580? (check with the ratio). Also, for Aeon, I believe you want to save it as a bmp. The skin has trouble loading jpgs and pngs quickly.

#6 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

reduce the resolution as mentioned above, and also convert all the images to jpg, not bmp.

edit* there is a great app to do mass renaming and resizing for images, download IrfanView

Edited by buttface96, 28 September 2008 - 03:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users