Xeriak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

So I got my hitachi 79 drive connected via my VIA sata(which worked great and was compatible for my TS-943), booted into the Slax 2.1 disc and let it run its course.. it said hitachi drive detected-> setting mode b thanks kev.nu

then I rebooted my comp without turning off the xbox 360's power, switched my cmos boot priority to hdd again for XP..

And then basically my windows xp boot loading screen hangs forever until I unplug the sata from the 360's dvd drive... But then when I plug it back in when windows is loaded, it won't recognize the drive properly as a dvd rom but it shows it as "removeable storage" with some assigned drive letter with a "?" mark on the icon.

I'm stuck so to speak.... =/

#2 flash360

flash360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

You need to keep ejecting the drive while windows is loading. Getting it to stop ejecting is a bit harder tongue.gif
hit eject twice for it to eject then again while its on the way out or just push the damn thing in when its on its way out mad.gif

#3 Traviss63

Traviss63

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Aug 23 2006, 04:53 AM) View Post

Hit the eject button if it freezes. Also, just because the Slax CD gets to the login prompt doesn't mean your drive is in modeB. The real test is to that you have to hit eject twice to get the tray to come out or go in, and then the tray keeps ejecting itself every time you try to "eject it back in."

I found this by doing a simple search of 'modeb xp wont load' and there it was third from the top. I have never had this problem but if I did my first instinct would be to DO A SEARCH...You save yourself time and also you don't waste space with questions that have already been answered.

#4 Xeriak

Xeriak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:20 AM

After about half a day, I finally got my drive flashed properly.. with iXtreme 1.4 0079FL 8x DVD speed.

Most of my problems stemmed from having incompatible SATA chipsets for hooking up the hitachi.. I was able to get it into modeB all the time, but some of the comps i have sitting around would not acknowledge the drive in windows xp..

So before I gave up all hope, I thought I'd try out the lil bro's desktop as it too has SATA.

Lo and behold, I was able to do and follow all 20 steps from Podger with his 79 soft unlock method, no problem.

Now my only other concern is for the fact that people say the Hitachi's and BenQ's are more prone or susceptible to getting banned than Toshiba-Samsungs (TS-943's.. and the likes)??? Is that just some urban myth?? And if all backups are burned properly and pass stealth, then I in theory shouldn't be more prone to getting banned than someone using a TS drive.. Correct?

If the hitachi 0079FL is really that more risky of a drive to use, then I'll just wait for my brand new TS-943 drive to arrive which i ordered from ebay.

Thanks for all your help and advice, and I'm sorry I didn't use the search function some more.. I was actually having quite the grief with the xbox-scene fetch results, so i had to do xbox-scene google search.

- Xeriak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users