Xbmc Tech Updater
Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:55 PM
It will download the archive file on you Xbox drive, then will ask you if you want to install, it will unrar/unzip the archive at yje right location, but with a different name of you current XBMC installation, and eventually will ask you if you want to update your dashbord in order to satrt with the new one.
The last point is the only one that can fail, since it depend on the dash you use and T3CH upgrader does not support all of them.
But don't worry, after that connect via FTP to you box, you will see a new directory with the new XBOX created in apps, then edit the conf file of you dash in order to update the path of default.xbe to the new XBMC installed.
I hope it helps. Seriously it is pretty simple, the script is really well done.
Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:39 PM
everybody does XBMC a different way, in a different location, sometimes as a dashboard, sometimes as an app.
here's what i do, and this never fails.
you can even do this within XBMC, although you have to hop between xbe's a couple times.
- start your XBMC as normal
- use the "T3CH Downloader" script, or just the Download function of "T3CH upgrader".
- download, and unzip to a temporary folder on the drive.
- copy your current userdata (Q:/UserData) overwriting the /UserData in your temporary XBMC folder
- execute /default.xbe in your temporary XBMC folder.
- verify that everything works with your new XBMC copy.
- once satisfied, use the temporary XBMC you are running to copy overwrite your regular copy of XBMC.
- execute default.xbe in your normal XBMC location and verify that everything works.
- delete the temp copy if you need the space.
i copy my old XBMC to my F:/APPS that way it is still available for use until i'm comfortable with the new release.
hope this helps everyone.
Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:53 PM
it into my apps folder and copy over anything i want to keep, it is that easy with
unleashX and linksbox. My mk1 xbox will live forever bacause of linksboks, xbmc and unleashX.
absolute respect to the people behind these programs. I love you
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users